• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter that Trezeguet missed, and that he would have still shot if Zidane stayed in. First of all, Zidane cost his team a chance to score with 10 minutes of overtime still remaining. They had a few close opportunities, and if they'd had 11 men they might have scored.Secondly, if Zidane had stayed in, the shootout would have gone totally differently. Maybe Italy wins the shootout 3-0, maybe France wins 5-4, who knows, but everything that happened, every split-second decision and shot would have been entirely different and unique, so you can't say that Trezeguet still misses and Italy wins.
Then by this logic you can't say that Zidane cost France the win. Derr.Edit: Also the first penalty shot was deserved. The French player had his back foot clipped which knocked into his other leg making him fall. A little reckless on the Italian defender. Italy was also very lucky that the same efender didn't get called again as he took out another French player later in the game which was way worse then the first call. To those who don't like the game being decided on penalty shots, stop crying. Penalty shots are a skill within the game. Soccer is not a high scoring game and its completly unreasonable to keep playing for another 2 hours hoping for a goal. 2 hours is plenty of time to decide a match.
That is great. The French announcer is saying "WHY WHY WHY!!!"
Mais porquois, mais porquois, mais porquois?!!!????BTW here is a story saying that the officials did not use instant replay or jumbotron replays to make the call. "The off-the-ball incident was missed by Argentinian referee Horacio Elizondo and his linesmen, but was spotted by the fourth official Luis Medina Cantalejo from Spain."
Is the consensus that the goal that was called off for being offsides that it definitely wasn't offside? looked onside to me.
On the replay the player was clearly offside by a foot or two.

Does anyone else find it funny that of all the ways to know the guy down, he chose to use his head? I mean, if the ref sees you, you are going off. He's not going to be lenient on you cause you used your head. It just seems like such an unnatural, yet completely awesome, way to strike someone. I thought it was great.

The BBC had a lipreader come in and find out what he said to Zidane."I wish a horrible death to you and your family. Go fuck yourself."Something like that. It was on Sportscenter this morning.