a case for christ

Daniel, I've read both the Case for Christ and the Case for Faith and they changed my life. The fact of the matter is most people don't want to believe God because they fear "The Man" or "The Government" is going to run their life. But I say to that, "Don't let man be the reason you refuse to trust God". Here you have some guy (Lee Strobel), who used to be a professing atheist, set out to disprove the Bible but only finds evidence to support Jesus is the Son of God. And that's something that we must all consider. Jesus claimed to be God. Muhammed, Ghandi, Budda - they never made such claim. Maybe their followers made that claim for them, but they never made it themselves. Most people do not even know this bit of trivial knowledge nor do they care. "I just believe that all long as you're generally good you'll make it into heaven!" How many times have I heard that statement! We don't make the rules people...God does! He loves us and all we have to do is accept and believe the sacrifice he made FOR us. But we can't even do that can we? I'm not trying to put an unbeliever down or anything because we were all unbelievers at one point. I'm just trying to point out the arogance that unbelievers have. They lack humility. It's not their fault of their own though, that's a God given gift and Negraneu clearly has it. He's doing you all a huge favor as a celebrity and abasing himself to be with the likes of us. And what do we do? We say, 'thanks....thanks for nuthin'. I have a high respect for Negreanu because I'm sure he has taken hits from the Christian community as well because 'gamblin' just aint right'. Can't you see that Negreanu is a true Christian whereas many who claim to be Christains aren't? Please, open your eyes and DON'T LET MAN KEEP YOU FROM BELIEVING IN GOD! Do a little digging to find the truth...it's out there but we're too self centered or busy to lift a finger to find it."Yeah, churches are just in it because of the money.""Yeah, priests diddle little boys" (big trucker laugh)"I aint going to church, God loves me just the way I am""Churches, that's just religion man....and churches were created by the government because they wanna control you man and charge you extra for gas!""Well, Jesus always did turn the water into wine!""I can worship God at home by watching him on TV." (But do you?)And by the way, the poster that said Daniel wasn't an intellectual BECAUSE he's happens to believe in God, that's a neo-con type of attack if I ever heard one.Acts 4:12 - "Neither is there salvation in ANY other (meaning Jesus), for there is none other name under heaven, given among men whereby we must be saved."Eph 2:8-9 - "By grace are we saved through FAITH, and not that of OURSELVES. It is the gift of God, lest any man should boast."Romans 10:9 - "That if you CONFESS with your mouth the lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God rose him from the dead, you will be SAVED.... but only if you get baptized and speak in tongues.You don't have to be perfect, but you must admit you're a sinner & in need of forgiveness."Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." - Jesus & John the Baptist.
FYP
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, hardcorebeats, with all due respect how do you know? I have lived a sinful life, your life, and now I have experienced the peace of being forgiven. I have tasted both lives and much prefer the second. Why so bitter hardcorebeats? How can you claim to JUDGE until you've tasted the freedom that comes with having a personal relationship with Jesus? In the meantime, you'll just be making fun, which is actually in the Bible. It's called mocking God, and it's what all people who aren't saved do. Do you see if you don't serve Jesus you are serving someone else? But I'm sure you're such an 'intellectual' that you don't have to read anything, you know all there is to know....party on dude.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just bumping this, so I don't have to see the post above me from that racist.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm just bumping this, so I don't have to see the post above me from that racist.
if any of you find this book to be full of too much propaganda or right-wing fluff ... then i highly suggest "traveling mercies" by anne lamott. the book is about her life and journey as an atheist. very compelling read and it isnt soft nor a mother-in-law read. she has no problem saying **** and telling you how it is.
  • 2 weeks later...
I wish there were more respect in the Religion forum in general. Respect isn't a solely religious concept, I believe its a universal concept of humanity.
Ive probably done some disrespecting along the way in here, but QFT.
  • 3 weeks later...

This book seems pretty weak to me. I like how he tends to only get "experts" that are Christians themselves. I understand that he is trying to get a religious messege accross, but it would be much more meaningful to me if he showed BOTH sides of the arguement.

This book seems pretty weak to me. I like how he tends to only get "experts" that are Christians themselves. I understand that he is trying to get a religious messege accross, but it would be much more meaningful to me if he showed BOTH sides of the arguement.
Your right- because if I wanted to write a book about chimp raising I would go to a postman and say "Hey man, what you got for me about chimp raising? " It's enough that the author presents the other side- the book isn't about debate, it's about a personal journey.
Your right- because if I wanted to write a book about chimp raising I would go to a postman and say "Hey man, what you got for me about chimp raising? "
there are many respected scholars that have spent their lives studying the history of the bible that think jesus was just a man, that are published. none of them are cited of course.
the book isn't about debate, it's about a personal journey.
no, it's about presenting one side of the debate for the purpose of forwarding his agenda (which is selling books by telling christians what they want to hear). it has been documented several times in this thread that he even misrepresents the timing of his "personal journey" in the book.someone would have to be an utter moron to base their converson on this one book without researching and giving at least equal weight other viewpoints, since this book is rather obvious propaganda.
there are many respected scholars that have spent their lives studying the history of the bible that think jesus was just a man, that are published. none of them are cited of course.no, it's about presenting one side of the debate for the purpose of forwarding his agenda (which is selling books by telling christians what they want to hear). it has been documented several times in this thread that he even misrepresents the timing of his "personal journey" in the book.someone would have to be an utter moron to base their converson on this one book without researching and giving at least equal weight other viewpoints, since this book is rather obvious propaganda.
Propoganda with some decent points in it. I would agree that conversion by this book would be suspect.

im thinking he converted because he felt it was the right thing to do. no offense but, he seems like the kind of person who just wants to be "right". anyone get what im saying?

im thinking he converted because he felt it was the right thing to do. no offense but, he seems like the kind of person who just wants to be "right". anyone get what im saying?
no. he converted because he wanted to feel right (satisfy emotional/egocentric need), not because he was searching for facts. this book fits that nicely.
no. he converted because he wanted to feel right (satisfy emotional/egocentric need), not because he was searching for facts. this book fits that nicely.
Just like your "facts" fit your emotions nicely. Random chance is a better feel good than God.
Just like your "facts" fit your emotions nicely. Random chance is a better feel good than God.
actually he admitted that in different words (that he needed to be rescued from his previous lifestyle and converted mainly because of this book).and evolution isn't random.