***official Detroit Tigers Thread***

Big performance by our relievers, I like the decision to pull Verlander in the 6th there. Good job by the Tigers, we need Rogers and Bondo to come up big in these next two games.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got the same confidence in this as you did the sweep and the belief that mussina was one to be feared? :club:
I am confident that Rogers will be out in less than 5 innings. The only way he gives up less than 5 runs is if he is taken out before the third inning. He is perhaps the worst postseason pitcher in history. Enjoy watching this game. I know I will.
I am confident that Rogers will be out in less than 5 innings. The only way he gives up less than 5 runs is if he is taken out before the third inning. He is perhaps the worst postseason pitcher in history. Enjoy watching this game. I know I will.
Okay. I will hold judgement till I see it. Everyone also said that KR was also horrid after the all-star break his entire career. Yet he was awesome the second half. Alos I believe you told me how great Mussina is in the post season, yet he is now 0-1 this year and had a 3-1 that he kindly gave up. How good is Randy going to be for you? I don't see him getting very far in this game as well and I agree with some radio guys this morning that said this game will most likely have a football score. And even if Rogers leaves early, we have a bullpen unlike the Yankees.I just don't buy into stats as much as you seem to which is fine. Any team and any player can do well or poorly any given day. The way you are talking all week is that the Yankees are so much better on paper that they it seems you and many people believe that the series shouldn't even be played as your team dominates. I prefer the teams to play it out. :club: I am not trying to sound like a jerk, just having some good fun as it has been a long time since my team had a chance at even being where we are. Anyway, this will be a fun game and I am thrilled to get to go to it. It will be a blast regardles of the outcome. My idea is that we bunt the ball as much as possible early just to the left of the mound to get Randy's back a good work out
Okay. I will hold judgement till I see it. Everyone also said that KR was also horrid after the all-star break his entire career. Yet he was awesome the second half. Alos I believe you told me how great Mussina is in the post season, yet he is now 0-1 this year and had a 3-1 that he kindly gave up. How good is Randy going to be for you? I don't see him getting very far in this game as well and I agree with some radio guys this morning that said this game will most likely have a football score. And even if Rogers leaves early, we have a bullpen unlike the Yankees.I just don't buy into stats as much as you seem to which is fine. Any team and any player can do well or poorly any given day. The way you are talking all week is that the Yankees are so much better on paper that they it seems you and many people believe that the series shouldn't even be played as your team dominates. I prefer the teams to play it out. :club: I am not trying to sound like a jerk, just having some good fun as it has been a long time since my team had a chance at even being where we are. Anyway, this will be a fun game and I am thrilled to get to go to it. It will be a blast regardles of the outcome. My idea is that we bunt the ball as much as possible early just to the left of the mound to get Randy's back a good work out
Moose had a below average game for him, but I still don't take back what I said. He pitched well against the Tigers this season and just didn't have his best stuff last night. However, on the subject of Kenny Rogers, has he ever had one good start in the playoffs? One game? From what I remember he makes it to the third inning on a good October day.
Moose had a below average game for him, but I still don't take back what I said. He pitched well against the Tigers this season and just didn't have his best stuff last night. However, on the subject of Kenny Rogers, has he ever had one good start in the playoffs? One game? From what I remember he makes it to the third inning on a good October day.
Listen man I like the Yankees (not as much as the Jays), but can you like, give some respect to anyone? All you do is bash everyyyyyyyyyyyyyone that isnt in pinstripes. Quit being a moron and give respect where respect is due. This is the reason why everyone hates Yankees fans, they are oblivious to the rest of the teams, and teams are in October because they are GOOOOOOOOD. I still like the Yankees to win, but quit giving idiotic stats and making ridiculous claims. Unless of course...it's against the Red Sox. WEEEEEEEEEEEE.Ok I'm done with the mini rant and gonna watch the rest of the game.

Yeah I'm kind of an adopted Detroit fan. Obviously I hate the Yankees and want them to lose, I also kind of hate the A's. I like the Mets and Dodgers, but I'm totally rooting for Detroit in the AL.And yeah, Kenny Rogers totally owned the Yankees tonight.

Yeah I'm kind of an adopted Detroit fan. Obviously I hate the Yankees and want them to lose, I also kind of hate the A's. I like the Mets and Dodgers, but I'm totally rooting for Detroit in the AL.And yeah, Kenny Rogers totally owned the Yankees tonight.
BANDWAGON HOPPERRRRRRRRRRRR. :club:
BANDWAGON HOPPERRRRRRRRRRRR. :club:
Heh, a little bit. Gotta love the underdog. Mets are my #1 this postseason though. Oh and Rogers didn't just own the Yankees tonight, he OWNED them.
Keep them predictions coming greatwhite, you are doing a great job!!!What a game, glad I was there.

Kenny Rogers > YankeesGotta close it out tomorrow. Unfortunately for me, it's right in the middle of the GODDAMNED MICHIGAN VS. MSU GAME!!!!!!!Baseball starts at 4.Football starts at 4:30. We'd better get inning by inning updates or I might wear out my cell phone tomorrow. Oh, and I have a ticket to game 2 in Detroit of the ALCS if we get there.

I want to know if he actually ended up enjoying the game. He was pretty confident going in.
Me? Oh yeah...I loved it. In fact is was my favorite game of all time. If Kenny Rogers could be clutch maybe Arod can as well.