***official Detroit Tigers Thread***

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was just some sick baseball. Like I have said, they got a slump coming their way and it hit at the worst time. Figured Verlander would have a rough outing after taking a start off. No surprise there. At least he isn't going on the DL so I am confident he will get back in stride next start. Kenny looked good so I am happy for that. Too bad the defensive side of things have gone awry. It's all good though. I would take a 5.5 game lead over having a better record over the WSox anyday.:club:

They played much better last night, much more patient at the plate. We were going to hit a skid at some point, it just sucks that it was against the Sox...and they will be waiting for us when we get off this road trip.The bottom line is that it sure was nice to have a 9-10 game cushion going into that series.

Was hoping for a sweep, but 2 out of 3 in Boston isn't bad.I'm going to the game tonight in Detroit against Cleveland.
Cool have fun. But don't be surprised that when you get there that Cleveland is dressed up in Texas Rangers uniforms. :laughing with you not at you face:
Well, they won when I was there, but they end up losing 3 straight against the Rangers. Lead remains at 5.5 games, 3 out of 4 from the Sox would be very good here.
You'll be lucky to get two. :club:

Well the slump is here and I think at the worst time of the season. Hopefully we can win 2 out of 4 against the Sox who are also not playing stellar ball these days. I am not too worried yet, I said it over and over that they were going to hit a rough spot even though others lead me to believe this team will not slump. They lost 2 games the last 4 days that they had every chance to win, but fell short on bad play and some bad batting (Ordonez, stop taking golf swings on the first pitch donk!)Should be an interesting 4 days with the Sox in town and the Twins back in the hunt.

Big win tonight against Contreras. 6.5 game lead.
we suck.. Contreras throws everything down the middle. Good game, we sure helped you.

That was a good win. We played solid baseball all around for the first time in a couple weeks. Good patient batting, timely hits, no errors, and Verlander pitched well. Zoom Zoom did his job and so did Jonesy. Let's do it all over again tonight.

we suck.. Contreras throws everything down the middle. Good game, we sure helped you.
Contreras definitely does NOT throw everything down the middle. I mean, he did hit 2 batters and nearly missed 3 others last night...(chuckle)

You know what I find sad....Verlander is the first pitcher for the Tigers since 97 to win 15 games.We have sucked for quite a long time. I am loving this. Though a mistake on someones fault in the ticket office of Comerica Park released the playoff ticket prices and they are ridiculous.

Contreras definitely does NOT throw everything down the middle. I mean, he did hit 2 batters and nearly missed 3 others last night...(chuckle)
Everything that wasn't thrown at someone seemed to be right in their kitchens.. Ohhh Monroe is a good fastball hitter so let's see if he can hit this fastball right now the middle. Oops I guess he can.
Everything that wasn't thrown at someone seemed to be right in their kitchens.. Ohhh Monroe is a good fastball hitter so let's see if he can hit this fastball right now the middle. Oops I guess he can.
Man o man, C-Mo has been on fire as of late. He was stinking it up the first half, but if he had a first half like the second half he would have been an All-Star. The Tigers did something last night against Contreras that they didn't do the last game against him, be patient. Eventually he will have to put the fastball down. Last time we would swing on the first or second pitch. He definately has some control issues last night and we were patient and got rewarded. That's baseball. I love it. :)But tonight is a brand new ballgame. Should be another good one though. I gotta try and get tickets for tomorrow night....
Man o man, C-Mo has been on fire as of late. He was stinking it up the first half, but if he had a first half like the second half he would have been an All-Star. The Tigers did something last night against Contreras that they didn't do the last game against him, be patient. Eventually he will have to put the fastball down. Last time we would swing on the first or second pitch. He definately has some control issues last night and we were patient and got rewarded. That's baseball. I love it. :)But tonight is a brand new ballgame. Should be another good one though. I gotta try and get tickets for tomorrow night....
Tonight is the game of struggling pitchers. Well basically any game besides when Garland pitches we suck.
Tonight is the game of struggling pitchers. Well basically any game besides when Garland pitches we suck.
Kenny hasn't been struggling so we are good to go then! He has been the normal KR the last 3 starts. Sure he lost against you guys the last start but he pitched 7 and gave up 2. Can't fault him for that loss. :club:

Kenny continues to get back in stride and ignore that pesky scond half curse. :)Wow, can't ask for anything better that this. Even if we lose the next two I am satisfied. This team sure gets the job done when it is importnant. I like that in this team. A lot of resolve. Going to pick up tix for tonight at lunch, hopefully that will ensure a game 3 victory since they have won every game I have been to this season. Go Tiggies!