***official Detroit Tigers Thread***

Keep them predictions coming greatwhite, you are doing a great job!!!What a game, glad I was there.
This is why I don't bet on sports.
Listen man I like the Yankees (not as much as the Jays), but can you like, give some respect to anyone? All you do is bash everyyyyyyyyyyyyyone that isnt in pinstripes. Quit being a moron and give respect where respect is due. This is the reason why everyone hates Yankees fans, they are oblivious to the rest of the teams, and teams are in October because they are GOOOOOOOOD. I still like the Yankees to win, but quit giving idiotic stats and making ridiculous claims. Unless of course...it's against the Red Sox. WEEEEEEEEEEEE.Ok I'm done with the mini rant and gonna watch the rest of the game.
Even every Red Sox fan around here thought Rogers was going to get lit up last night. What can I say? He pitched the game of his life and shocked the world.Man... me and my big mouth. I deserve to deal with this ****. I can't wait until 4:00. Maybe Jaret Wright will pitch the game of his life.
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well as Joe Morgan taught me last night. Good Pitching will prevail over good hitting, but great hitting hill beat good pitching. Of course great pitching will always beat great hitting. I couldnt have said it better Joe.

well as Joe Morgan taught me last night. Good Pitching will prevail over good hitting, but great hitting hill beat good pitching. Of course great pitching will always beat great hitting. I couldnt have said it better Joe.
Yeah I heard him saying that last night, and he made no sense at all. The saying is - Good pitching beats good hitting, and vice versa. It's supposed to be funny and kind of explains how either hitting or pitching can prevail. Morgan totally mangled it.Oorrrrrrrrdonez with a bomb in the 2nd!Oh and291.jpg>tx_joemorgan_all.jpg(Joe Morgan > Joe Morgan)3-0 Tigers!

The Yankees are really just screwing themselves over. So many first pitch swings, wtf are you guys doing?

congrats, but dont celebrate too much. You tackled Goliath, but you still got the quite underrated, and underpaid A's. That was a great team celebration though. Kenny Rogers on top of the dugout dumping champagen on the securtiy. Oh, how I wish that were my team.

I thought it was cool how they celebrated with the crowd after the game.
I'm 23, and have been a dyed-in-the-wool Tiggies fan my entire life. I actually had to excuse myself into my bedroom when they ran out onto the field and started pouring champagne (sparkling juice?) all over everybody, because I'd started leaking a little bit.Wakefield pointed me in this direction, so I'll probably be relieving my anxiety over the next week-plus by wandering in here to talk Tigers.I'd also like to point out that the Tigers are just +140 to win it all. Anyone who is a lifelong Tiger fan, please think about that. The Tigers are better than 1.5:1 to WIN THE WORLD SERIES according to the most knowledgeable sportting authorities in the country.Wow.Wang
I'm 23, and have been a dyed-in-the-wool Tiggies fan my entire life. I actually had to excuse myself into my bedroom when they ran out onto the field and started pouring champagne (sparkling juice?) all over everybody, because I'd started leaking a little bit.Wakefield pointed me in this direction, so I'll probably be relieving my anxiety over the next week-plus by wandering in here to talk Tigers.I'd also like to point out that the Tigers are just +140 to win it all. Anyone who is a lifelong Tiger fan, please think about that. The Tigers are better than 1.5:1 to WIN THE WORLD SERIES according to the most knowledgeable sportting authorities in the country.Wow.Wang
Didn't all "sporting authorities" have the Yankees beating the Tigers? As you and everybody else knows most experts are wrong a lot of the time. GO A's
Didn't all "sporting authorities" have the Yankees beating the Tigers? As you and everybody else knows most experts are wrong a lot of the time. GO A's
Yep. I guess I'll root for the A's now, although the Tigers are going to be the favorites. Their team ERA, K/9, K/BB, and Whip were better all season in a tougher division. While the A's defense is better, their offense stinks. They are ranked 11th in the AL in OPS and only ahead of the Devil Rays in batting average. They hardly ever steal and are 10th in the AL in RBI's. The A's have a big challenge ahead of them.
You missed my point... the Tigers are favored to WIN THE WORLD SERIES. That's... You missed my point. It's not that I think there a lock to win. It's that they're considered the best team. Tigers. Best team. Odds on favorites. This is mindblowing to someone who had to deal with the Rob Deere era.Wang