Anyone Use Poker Academy Pro?

I wrote Poker Academy.Poker Acadamy is a friend of mine.You sir are no Poker academy!!!(I have no clue what that means really)Haven't tried it Oze.Don't tell me you are trying to improve your game??!!Lordy mercy!!!

I wrote Poker Academy.Poker Acadamy is a friend of mine.You sir are no Poker academy!!!(I have no clue what that means really)Haven't tried it Oze.Don't tell me you are trying to improve your game??!!Lordy mercy!!!
Yes!
:D:D:D Bravo sir.I know that Pokertracker and Poker office are supposed to be good too.Me?...I just simply eat a bowl of Donky-O's everyday for breakfast! So far, so goot! :club:

I purchased it just to see how well the online games work.To play in the online tournaments or ring games, you need to accumulate PAX (kind of like play money, but you have to earn these through freerolls). Right now there are 81 users online, the freerolls (Boot Camps) tend to fill up slowly. The players are pretty decent from what I've played so far.The normal game modes (you vs computer opponents) are good practice.You can set up tournaments as MTT's (even the same structure as the WSOP Main Event), SnG's (some default online blind structures from Stars and Party). You can set your opponent's playing style or use the default bots. It only offers NLHE and LHE, but it's a good place to practise and not waste your money getting drawn out by donks.It tells you what to do with your hands (fold, raise, check, or call), you can set it up to peek at your opponents cards to see if you made the right call.The heads-up bots are pretty tough to play against, they vary their gameplay and adapt to your style.There are bots named Xegreanu, Sklansky, Chuck Reese, Gus Xensen who play very different styles.Overall it's a pretty good program.

I purchased it just to see how well the online games work.To play in the online tournaments or ring games, you need to accumulate PAX (kind of like play money, but you have to earn these through freerolls). Right now there are 81 users online, the freerolls (Boot Camps) tend to fill up slowly. The players are pretty decent from what I've played so far.The normal game modes (you vs computer opponents) are good practice.You can set up tournaments as MTT's (even the same structure as the WSOP Main Event), SnG's (some default online blind structures from Stars and Party). You can set your opponent's playing style or use the default bots. It only offers NLHE and LHE, but it's a good place to practise and not waste your money getting drawn out by donks.It tells you what to do with your hands (fold, raise, check, or call), you can set it up to peek at your opponents cards to see if you made the right call.The heads-up bots are pretty tough to play against, they vary their gameplay and adapt to your style.There are bots named Xegreanu, Sklansky, Chuck Reese, Gus Xensen who play very different styles.Overall it's a pretty good program.
Thanks for the info!
here's a question ozi...have you tried the demo of it?I know it's only a very small sample but it at least gives you a taste of what it's about.
I downloaded the demo and I thought it was good. I just wanted another opinion.

Hi. To what extent do you think becoming solid on one of these sims will help your game? I might buy something like that, I already have DD tournament poker and find it too easy to bump the comp off the pot.

I use Poker Academy Standard (haven't bought pro yet)I believe that it plays pretty much like better players would (I haven't moved up to anything more than 1/2 online where there still are a few donks :club:). The AI players are pretty good and you can tweek them to your hearts desire.As far as how it compares to other sims - I don't know, but I think that it is harder to bump them off the pot - the AI players behave like proper "pros" they use pot odds & implied odds and from what I read about the AI they can also develop reads on you. The only problem I have with it is - the are no built in "Donkey Profiles" - you know, those players at 1/2 and lower who think that A6os in EP is a great hand, or the chasing donk who WILL chase his inside straight come hell or high water. But maybe I just haven't tinkered enough with the AI players.If you don't want to drop the $130 on the pro version - try the standard then Upgrade.Hope this helpsgoose

I own the software, and it has some uses I guess. The feature I liked most about it was playing with everyone's cards face-up... you'd be surprised how often people have nothing at all. I mean really... nothing. The odds calculators are useful if you don't have any yet. The AI bots are tough, willing to put you to the test if necessary, but I find I get bored playing with fake money against fake opponents. That's all I can think of right now, since I haven't used the software in about 2 months. Would I recommend it? I guess it depends...

• 1 month later...