PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button ($43.80)SB ($36)BB ($48.20)UTG ($15.70)UTG+1 ($29.15)Hero ($32)MP2 ($55.20)MP3 ($166.25)CO ($74.30)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8spade.gif, Aclub.gif. 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50, MP2 calls $0.50, 3 folds, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: ($2) Aspade.gif, 2club.gif, 9spade.gif(4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.5, MP2 calls $1.50, SB folds, BB folds.Turn: ($5) 6diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $3, MP2 calls $3.River: ($11) Tclub.gif(2 players)Hero bets $5, MP2 raises to $13.5, Hero folds.Final Pot: $29.50Results in white below: MP2 doesn't show. Outcome: MP2 wins $29.50. I figure the only thing i can beat is a bluff..... Go ahead and berate.

check/call river??
Yeah that's what i was thinking i should have done after the hand... pretty sure i was beat though, by a two pair or set.
Yeah that's what i was thinking i should have done after the hand... pretty sure i was beat though, by a two pair or set.
proba bluff is stupid hear. he cant represent any hit drawsprobably some sick sh.it like T9o

Fold preflop.Even if an ace falls, you're OOP the entire hand.You can't have any idea where you stand unless therehappens to be an 8 or two on the board.Play A 8 sooted maybe, but not o/s from mp1

Fold preflop.Even if an ace falls, you're OOP the entire hand.You can't have any idea where you stand unless therehappens to be an 8 or two on the board.Play A 8 sooted maybe, but not o/s from mp1
QFT
QFT

I agree that this is a PF fold. But, for curiosity's sake....Does anyone like a check/raise as an option here, or check and see if a scare card doesn't come?In this spot, even betting the pot, anyone with a strong draw may come along, so since your OOP with a weak holding here, unless you take down the pot immediately, you're in trouble on the turn. If someone bets out the river, a check raise would define your hand. I know it's not ideal to commit more money here, but you're at least representing strength, and if you're willing to continue betting on the turn, why not just commit that money now and represent a better holding?Once again, I don't like being in the hand at all, but if you're in the hand, find out where you are.

Agree w/ everyone about folding PF, but let's say it's a :club: 8 :D which can be reasonable. and in games that are passive and ax suited is very playable and you catch this sort of flop, pot control is critical. I may be willing to check this flop and fire at the turn every once in awhile. As played I prefer the B/F line to the C/C line.

Agree w/ everyone about folding PF, but let's say it's a :club: 8 :D which can be reasonable. and in games that are passive and ax suited is very playable and you catch this sort of flop, pot control is critical. I may be willing to check this flop and fire at the turn every once in awhile. As played I prefer the B/F line to the C/C line.
Now why B/F instead of C/C? If i'm going to bet $5 (btw, what's a better bet here?) and fold to a good reraise, why don't i just check, and call whatever bet he makes which might not be more than my original bet? That way i can pick off a bluff, and if i don't have the best hand, it doesn't cost me much more than my B/F would have.Any thoughts?
Now why B/F instead of C/C? If i'm going to bet $5 (btw, what's a better bet here?) and fold to a good reraise, why don't i just check, and call whatever bet he makes which might not be more than my original bet? That way i can pick off a bluff, and if i don't have the best hand, it doesn't cost me much more than my B/F would have.Any thoughts?
I think c/c is your best option...God Im so bored at work but I dont have the balls to play while Im working...I downloaded PS and i played one hand and everyoen keeps walking behind me and I dont want to get fired...Shitty
So I can bet this type of flop w/ a draw and bet it on later streets when I make my hand.Edit: Also, what bluff are you picking off? Is this guy that anxious to outplay you that he's going to pull a 2 streeet delayed bluff with 89?
So I can bet this type of flop w/ a draw and bet it on later streets when I make my hand.Edit: Also, what bluff are you picking off? Is this guy that anxious to outplay you that he's going to pull a 2 streeet delayed bluff with 89?
A missed flush draw possibly
[/b]A missed flush draw possibly
When i was posting before I thought the river complete a club flush. disregard prior posts for explanations.Suprisingly, i'm still coming up with a B/f. since a missed flush is the most likely bluff we will find and he will must likely be inclined to bet atleast pot if we're checked to. This is a blocking bet situation in my mind. Not that anything in the board really scared us, but we may be ahead, may be behind, but we're not going to get bluffed by a missed FD if we bet this river, and our hand is not strong enough to try to catch a bluff of pot or more. In sum, our hand's not strong enought to stand up to an $11 bet and this is what a bluff will be on the river. Understand the desire to get to showdown, but you're best case scenario is that he's drawing and there's a lot of other cases where you were behind or got rivered. I think you can make a case for C/C if you ha AK or an overpair.

Fold pf.Since you didn't, you really are walking a thin line of value by betting on all streets. With A-garbage you really want to take the pot on the flop and shutdown otherwise. At the very least keep the pot small so you are able to call a moderate bet on the river.

in a full ring game.. playing (especially calling with) A-8o OOP is only asking for trouble.. since you still have 4-5 potentail callers/raisers.. and if a raise does come pre-flop.. more likely than not youre gonna toss it away..

in a full ring game.. playing (especially calling with) A-8o OOP is only asking for trouble.. since you still have 4-5 potentail callers/raisers.. and if a raise does come pre-flop.. more likely than not youre gonna toss it away..
I think everyone can get past the mistake of playing a8o by just enviosing a8s in a relatively passive preflop table in which case everyone would have found themselves in this same situation post flop. I think post flop here is important because of the variety of hands we may call preflop due to the implied odds of the hand, but catch small pieces that are likely to be the best hand at the flop. Playing them intelligently in these types of situations is going to be much more beneficial to our win rate than just arming ourselves w/ the knowledge to fold a8o preflop.