Honestly, this game has to be the one of the most profitable on the net. I truly believe that 50% of the people that play have no clue what they are doing. This is not a rant because I took a dozen bad beats or something like that, I have actually built my BR primarily playing PL08. I know this has been dicussed, but come on, atleast learn the basic rules of the game before you play.....Classic PL08 quotes:"I thought this was holdem.""I can't use all 4 cards?"My favourite:"Can someone explain the rules?"Anyway, pointless thread, but I was bored waiting for a SNG......Garnes

Honestly, this game has to be the one of the most profitable on the net. I truly believe that 50% of the people that play have no clue what they are doing. This is not a rant because I took a dozen bad beats or something like that, I have actually built my BR primarily playing PL08. I know this has been dicussed, but come on, atleast learn the basic rules of the game before you play.....Classic PL08 quotes:"I thought this was holdem.""I can't use all 4 cards?"My favourite:"Can someone explain the rules?"Anyway, pointless thread, but I was bored waiting for a SNG......Garnes
It is funny because I always get rather nervous when someone calls my all in, usually they turn up some junk that I could never have imagined they have.Really it is profitable, I have played about 3k hands (i know small sample) on interpoker (30% rake back) and I am beating it for like 15BB/100.people love to call in that game, they are almost never aggressive.

it truly is the most donk-filled game out there.better yet though, don't have them learn the rules, then disable your chat so you won't hear those stupid questions, thus you won't be able to answer them, thus, they'll keep losing.

Is there a big difference in terms of profitability between PLO8 and PLOHigh? I ask because I was interested in learning Omaha, but High/Low games kinda bug me, so I thought I would just play High. I was wondering if I shold focus more attention on the split pot version though. It probably does not matter, but it seems like High/Low is either more popular or considered a btter game(?) and I am really not sure why. Is there a reason you prefer PLO8 over PLOHigh?Ok...kinda a random post that probably can't get much of an answer. I guess here is a more specific question: Know any good webites with PLO8 and PLOHigh strategy tips? I have found a little bit out there, but not too much.Well...you'll probably see me donating one of these on there if I can ever get myself to break away from my hold'em addiction. One of my lures is the possible profitability(after I get past the donating fish stage), but I also just want to broaden my poker knowledge, so any tips would be appreciated.

high low is tons different, and tons more profitable if you know what you're doing.half of the people that sit down at H/L tables don't have a clue about any kind of strategy in H/L, so just play it like they would Omaha High. Thus, if you make the best low hand, and it also qualifies as a solid high hand...you can just destroy players just going for the high hands.there's more to it, but if you can, learn how to play this one. it also makes the transition to omaha high easier if you focus on h/l first.

What site are you playing on?
high low is tons different, and tons more profitable if you know what you're doing.half of the people that sit down at H/L tables don't have a clue about any kind of strategy in H/L, so just play it like they would Omaha High. Thus, if you make the best low hand, and it also qualifies as a solid high hand...you can just destroy players just going for the high hands.there's more to it, but if you can, learn how to play this one. it also makes the transition to omaha high easier if you focus on h/l first.
ok, i know its tons different, but your explanation makes sense why it would be more profitable too. For me, I feel like people just wont fold since they are always chasing something in a split game, so it does not appeal to me much, but I could be missing a huge aspect of the game since I have not really played it. Really, I have not played much of either version, but I was thinking transitioning from hold'em to PLOigh would be easier.Anyways, I guess I'll check it out. Know any good websites that talks about the game?(either version). I'll also need an odds calulator(like PokerStove). Do you know of a download version?(I only found online ones like the one at cardplayer).
ok, i know its tons different, but your explanation makes sense why it would be more profitable too. For me, I feel like people just wont fold since they are always chasing something in a split game, so it does not appeal to me much, but I could be missing a huge aspect of the game since I have not really played it. Really, I have not played much of either version, but I was thinking transitioning from hold'em to PLOigh would be easier.Anyways, I guess I'll check it out. Know any good websites that talks about the game?(either version). I'll also need an odds calulator(like PokerStove). Do you know of a download version?(I only found online ones like the one at cardplayer).
Super Systems 1 and 2 have chapters on Omaha High and H/L and are both very good. I've read them both but since I hardly understand the game I don't think I can truly appreciate how useful these chapters are in learning the game. I have too been considering branching out from Holdem recently and think my start will be reading the Omaha sections of Super Systems 1 and 2. With Doyle Hand picking the authors I can't think either version will have bad advice. Good luck in your Omaha adventures.
ok, i know its tons different, but your explanation makes sense why it would be more profitable too. For me, I feel like people just wont fold since they are always chasing something in a split game, so it does not appeal to me much, but I could be missing a huge aspect of the game since I have not really played it.
Why would you want chasers folding their 1-way non-nut darws against you?
Why would you want chasers folding their 1-way non-nut darws against you?
from a profitability perspective, obviously i want it. I was just saying the game doesn't appeal to me as much because I feel there would be less bluffing and more value betting. I enjoy shorthanded hold'em because I enjoy the aspect of playing your opponents cards and winning pots regardless your holding. I do not see much shorthanded omaha where i play, but maybe it would be similar. At any rate, I do not really have an understanding of the game so i am not qualified to give a strong opinion, but that is just my perception of the game. It just looks to be more mathematical, thats all.Also, thanks for the tip on SuperSystem2. Unfortunately, since i live in south america, i do not have access to the book, which is why i was looking for online resources. I have found a few though, so hopefully they will get me started.
from a profitability perspective, obviously i want it. I was just saying the game doesn't appeal to me as much because I feel there would be less bluffing and more value betting. I enjoy shorthanded hold'em because I enjoy the aspect of playing your opponents cards and winning pots regardless your holding. I do not see much shorthanded omaha where i play, but maybe it would be similar. At any rate, I do not really have an understanding of the game so i am not qualified to give a strong opinion, but that is just my perception of the game. It just looks to be more mathematical, thats all.Also, thanks for the tip on SuperSystem2. Unfortunately, since i live in south america, i do not have access to the book, which is why i was looking for online resources. I have found a few though, so hopefully they will get me started.
Does Amazon not deliver to SA?
It is funny because I always get rather nervous when someone calls my all in, usually they turn up some junk that I could never have imagined they have.Really it is profitable, I have played about 3k hands (i know small sample) on interpoker (30% rake back) and I am beating it for like 15BB/100.people love to call in that game, they are almost never aggressive.
I find it difficult to find a game of PLO8 on INTER...
Does Amazon not deliver to SA?
true...although, shipping is a pain...and having to wait kidna a pain....i want information now ,damnit!! and for free!!!!! But yeah, it could be worth the investment....whatever....
What site are you playing on?
Most of my BR is on FCP. The players are still terrible, but sometimes it is tough finding a suitable game to sit in. I have a little on stars and party, but strictly for the cash games. Now, if I could only find a live PL08 game to play in, I would be set but all anyone plays around here is NLHE. Garnes
I might want to check out this site: http://www.pokertips.org/strategy/plo-intro.phpIt could give you some pointers for getting started

To the guy that said he didn't think he could bluff well in O8HL...it isn't really a bluffing game as much as Hold'em might be.Cloutier recomends you rarely, if ever, do it.He also says to rarely, if ever, raise preflop.

Cloutier recomends you rarely, if ever, do it.He also says to rarely, if ever, raise preflop.
His books have helped my Omaha and Omaha Hi/Lo games considerably. The one mistake that most new players make.....they play WAY too many hands, and chase draws that are counterfeited.Plus, since there are many LAG player in the online Omaha games today, just go ahead and limp in with that A2A3 dblsuited and AKAK dblsuited from the early positions.....you'll be amazed that when you re-raise, how much dead money you can scoop out of the pot.