I Know What Happened...

Ok here it comes.....They werent what he was looking for in a protege. That was pretty easy to figure out I would think. They werent very good players, mostly Jerry, but Jimmy was a donk too. I mean, Jerry called off his chips with TP/no kicker.Why else would he ask them to split?Now please, NO MORE ASKING, ITS ANNOYING

Finally, an answer from such a credible source. I can sleep happy now.
Just remember I said this during July when it comes out. Really, would he ask them to leave because they arent good TV??
Just remember I said this during July when it comes out. Really, would he ask them to leave because they arent good TV??
It has nothing to do with whether or not he liked them as a protege, daniel wouldn't do something like that. It's simply some type of promotion like they were all offered a chance to take a deal if they got shortstacked and Jerry and Jimmy took it or something of that nature. There is no way Daniel would have simply kicked them out or even given them money to compensate them for being kicked out.
It has nothing to do with whether or not he liked them as a protege, daniel wouldn't do something like that. It's simply some type of promotion like they were all offered a chance to take a deal if they got shortstacked and Jerry and Jimmy took it or something of that nature. There is no way Daniel would have simply kicked them out or even given them money to compensate them for being kicked out.
But its not like they signaled DN to come get them now, they are shortstacked. If I remember right, DN just came down and got them, without any warning.

Firstly, Jerry had 2 pair, so not a terrible call, and secondly DN absolutely LOVED Jimmy during the webcast and was clearly rooting for him - why would he suddenly decide he didnt want him as protege?Personally, Im sure its nothing sinister - and Im gonna have to rely on you lot to tell me what it was when it does all come out, being a Brit...

But its not like they signaled DN to come get them now, they are shortstacked. If I remember right, DN just came down and got them, without any warning.
Daniel probably took that opportunity to remind him that he can either take a deal or keep playing and at that point jerry probably realized he was too shortstacked. Jimmy probably decided on the break he probably didn't have much of a chance on his shortstack and also took the deal. Even if there was no deal it is all some type of promotion and neither player was screwed out of anything.
Firstly, Jerry had 2 pair, so not a terrible call, and secondly DN absolutely LOVED Jimmy during the webcast and was clearly rooting for him - why would he suddenly decide he didnt want him as protege?Personally, Im sure its nothing sinister - and Im gonna have to rely on you lot to tell me what it was when it does all come out, being a Brit...
No, I was there, and the announcers at that point in the tourney had a very small screen that was dedicated to the flop- Jerry had a pair of Jacks with a B.S. kicker- that was it. Whatever misfortune befell Jerry I assure you it was deserved.

Lois., tuff run there bubba. Were you going to write a detailed report on the whole weekend? I thought you eluded that you might. Be fun to read about it.

If there was some agreement we don't know about, fine. But, he didn't "deserve" to be removed, if he was. He entered a compitition, earned his way to the finals, and should have been allowed to play it out.

they probably did it like a reality show... after someone got short stacked, Daniel strolled out, on his cell phone, said, "The banker is offering you 25 cents and a blow job from kathy leibert... or you can continue on and try to become my protege... Smelly old guy.. deal, or no deal?"

No, I was there, and the announcers at that point in the tourney had a very small screen that was dedicated to the flop- Jerry had a pair of Jacks with a B.S. kicker- that was it. Whatever misfortune befell Jerry I assure you it was deserved.
Then I retract that part of my previous statement! well played and unlucky there by the way...
Daniel probably took that opportunity to remind him that he can either take a deal or keep playing and at that point jerry probably realized he was too shortstacked. Jimmy probably decided on the break he probably didn't have much of a chance on his shortstack and also took the deal. Even if there was no deal it is all some type of promotion and neither player was screwed out of anything.
I agree totally. From my own experience with the FCP team (weekend at daneiels 06) They are a class organization from top to bottom and always do things the right way.
If there was some agreement we don't know about, fine. But, he didn't "deserve" to be removed, if he was. He entered a compitition, earned his way to the finals, and should have been allowed to play it out.
Nope. He was old. I am sure that played a large part of it. I mean-- he's just to old. Can't really get around that fact, you know. Plus, he was wearing incredibly wide suspenders. For these reasons, he had to go. I am sure of it.

Next time they should have a disclaimer, then...Open compitition (for the young and hip). Fat, ugly, lame, crippled, fashion challenged, old and/or un-photogenic need not apply.All finalists subject to review and expulsion at any time for any reason deemed relevent by the producers, including playing one or more hands poorly.Or, maybe you signed something like that...I dunno.

Jerry and Jimmy were giving each other hand signals what their hole cards were.Why did they not get removed at the same time you ask?Dramatic effect.... who next would dissappear? Makes everything more exciting.. Its all about the TV drama baby :club:

Jerry flopped Jacks and Sixes...