If I Were The Protege....

:D It just dawned on me, that while you are now in an incredible once in a lifetime position, you still have to slog thru the nine-to-five b.s. like the rest of us.No offense, but MAN ...that would suck!GL to you bro! :club:
thanks for the good wishes. work definately hasn't been the most productive, but that's expected i guess. Thankfully my boss is the one who got me started playing poker, and now he's my biggest fan (and was with me in Toronto). and oh...i wish i had a 9-5 job...let's see..today? 7:45am-10pm...

Congrads on the win Brian.I would love it if you could occassionally post on how the protege opportunity is going. Not specific tips (well, okay, that would be great too :club: ), but the general development of the position, ie : "DN watched me play an online MTT and called me after to give me some tips" or "I flew out to meet DN a few days before the WPT event, we partied like rock stars, and I got 5 hours of private instruction." That kind of thing.Maybe admin could give you a permanent forum or at least a stickied area here to keep us updated. I know you are about to be even more busy, but many of us here would really enjoy getting to live a little vicariously and to follow your path/results. Good Luck and have fun with it !

If i were the Protege...i'd be at my job daydreaming and hardly focusing, amazed at the fact that i now have KidPoker himself programed in my cell phone, and i'd be patiently waiting for my first trip to Vegas.oh..and i'd be really really tired.
Welcome to the Carnival :club:
Congrads on the win Brian.I would love it if you could occassionally post on how the protege opportunity is going. Not specific tips (well, okay, that would be great too :club: ), but the general development of the position, ie : "DN watched me play an online MTT and called me after to give me some tips" or "I flew out to meet DN a few days before the WPT event, we partied like rock stars, and I got 5 hours of private instruction." That kind of thing.Maybe admin could give you a permanent forum or at least a stickied area here to keep us updated. I know you are about to be even more busy, but many of us here would really enjoy getting to live a little vicariously and to follow your path/results. Good Luck and have fun with it !
This is definately in the works. Unfortunately, I'm in a really hectic state right now...working long hours and moving all my stuff to a new apartment in Stamford, CT tomorrow. Then this weekend i'm going to a wedding with an old friend from college in PA, and have my heads up match with Maxima0 as soon as i get back. I will try my hardest to start updating you guys soon.Gov is going to be pinning my blog posts and putting a link for it on the main page when i'm done. I'm not much of a writer, but bear with me, i'm sure i'll get the hang of it!-Fidler
This is definately in the works. Unfortunately, I'm in a really hectic state right now...working long hours and moving all my stuff to a new apartment in Stamford, CT tomorrow. Then this weekend i'm going to a wedding with an old friend from college in PA, and have my heads up match with Maxima0 as soon as i get back. I will try my hardest to start updating you guys soon.Gov is going to be pinning my blog posts and putting a link for it on the main page when i'm done. I'm not much of a writer, but bear with me, i'm sure i'll get the hang of it!-Fidler
Seriouosly congrats. I watched most of it nice job.Do keep us posted.Where in pa you go to college?

WTG Fidler....dont worry about being much of a writer..this is FCP we will read anything .... and then fill in the blanks,make stuff up and give you our opinion whether you want it or not.

Seriouosly congrats. I watched most of it nice job.Do keep us posted.Where in pa you go to college?
thanks!actually the wedding is in PA...but i went to college here in CT. Sacred Heart Univ. in Fairfield, class of '01-Fidler
thanks!actually the wedding is in PA...but i went to college here in CT. Sacred Heart Univ. in Fairfield, class of '01-Fidler
Ahh had it backwards.

If I were The Protege I'd request for the power of an FCP mod and lockout every thread that asks "whaaahappened to Jerry?"

If I were The Protege I'd request for the power of an FCP mod and lockout every thread that asks "whaaahappened to Jerry?"
nah i actually enjoy reading those posts. was talking to my mom last night, and unfortunately i can't tell her what happened to them either. One of her guesses was that Jimmy left because he had..well..bowel problems after coming back from dinner break and had to leave! Can't believe you guys didn't guess that! :club: ...gotta love moms!
If i were the Protege...i'd be at my job daydreaming and hardly focusing, amazed at the fact that i now have KidPoker himself programed in my cell phone, and i'd be patiently waiting for my first trip to Vegas.oh..and i'd be really really tired.
if i were the protege, I'd make sure I didn't forget anybody else at the final table when I was picking people for my entourage. ;)congrats againcory