Yeah...my buddy just got back from Vegas and is predicting that this might be the new big card game.I know very little about the game.

Your buddy isn't very bright.
Why do you say that?Have you played lots of badugi?Do you know the game sucks and has no chance to go mainstream?My buddy was playing some 10-20 NL Holdem and lots of the pros there ended up playing badugi. He was surprised by the popularity of the game and thinks this might be growing in the future.

i don't see it going mainstream. it's just way too complicated for the average player.i'm not dissing the game. it's a good one. but it gives me a headache to play. and this is coming from a guy who plays a ton of lowball.

Tried it once, it was fun, mostly because none of us knew how to play it, just played for fun money at doyles room.

Why do you say that?Have you played lots of badugi?Do you know the game sucks and has no chance to go mainstream?My buddy was playing some 10-20 NL Holdem and lots of the pros there ended up playing badugi. He was surprised by the popularity of the game and thinks this might be growing in the future.
Could this be that they simply want to play a game that hasn't gone so mainstream that it's been bastardized beyond recognition compared to the "old days"? Probably one of the reasons DN likes the mixed games so much....not nearly as many people know how to play (or THINK they know how to play) so you tend to play with better players. My two cents anyway.... You're welcome.
Could this be that they simply want to play a game that hasn't gone so mainstream that it's been bastardized beyond recognition compared to the "old days"? Probably one of the reasons DN likes the mixed games so much....not nearly as many people know how to play (or THINK they know how to play) so you tend to play with better players. My two cents anyway.... You're welcome.
Doubtful, I mean wouldn't pros want to play with rich people that just saw hold'em on TV and think they know how to play?