there has been a lot of discussion on here about this but no one has mention my pick. i am taking eric seidel for this.i have no idea why no one has mentioned him. yeah ivey, brunson, dn are worth mentioning, as are some of the other big game players. but come on i got to take seidel. he has 7 wsop bracelets in the following events.2005 No Limit Hold'em 2003 Pot Limit Omaha 2001 No Limit Hold'em 1998 Deuce to Seven Draw 1994 Limit Hold'em 1993 Omaha8 1992 Limit Hold'em and has had many more final tables. yeah i know he went on a bit of a downswing in the wsop for a while but hey i think he has gotten back on his game as far as the wsop is concerned (4 final tables in 2005), so he is my pick to take down the horse event.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there has been a lot of discussion on here about this but no one has mention my pick. i am taking eric seidel for this.i have no idea why no one has mentioned him. yeah ivey, brunson, dn are worth mentioning, as are some of the other big game players. but come on i got to take seidel. he has 7 wsop bracelets in the following events.2005 No Limit Hold'em 2003 Pot Limit Omaha 2001 No Limit Hold'em 1998 Deuce to Seven Draw 1994 Limit Hold'em 1993 Omaha8 1992 Limit Hold'em and has had many more final tables. yeah i know he went on a bit of a downswing in the wsop for a while but hey i think he has gotten back on his game as far as the wsop is concerned (4 final tables in 2005), so he is my pick to take down the horse event.
But what about everyone's favorite player, Phil Hellmuth. As we all know he pwns mixed games, as is evident by all 9 of his bracelets.1989 $10000 Championship Event - $755,0001992 $5000 Limit Hold'em - $188,0001993 $1500 Limit Hold'em - $138,0001993 $2500 No Limit Hold'em - $161,4001993 $5000 No Limit Hold'em - $173,0001997 $3000 Pot Limit Hold'em - $204,0002001 $2000 No Limit Hold'em - $316,5502003 $2,500 Limit Hold'em - $171,4002003 $3,000 No Limit Hold'em - $410,860He's a mixed game dynamo.

personally i believe that ivey has the best shot at winning it.seidel is a good choice as are doyle, dn, chan, and juanda, but ivey is the man, has a mixed game bracelet, and plays mixed games dayly.he is my pick.

But what about everyone's favorite player, Phil Hellmuth. As we all know he pwns mixed games, as is evident by all 9 of his bracelets.1989 $10000 Championship Event - $755,0001992 $5000 Limit Hold'em - $188,0001993 $1500 Limit Hold'em - $138,0001993 $2500 No Limit Hold'em - $161,4001993 $5000 No Limit Hold'em - $173,0001997 $3000 Pot Limit Hold'em - $204,0002001 $2000 No Limit Hold'em - $316,5502003 $2,500 Limit Hold'em - $171,4002003 $3,000 No Limit Hold'em - $410,860He's a mixed game dynamo.
Ha ha. Good 1!

I remember ESPN said they will tape this event, but they weren't sure how much of it would actually make it out to the general public. WTF? They better show AT LEAST three, one hour shows of just this....EDIT: Yes, go to Full Tilt for sats

personally i believe that ivey has the best shot at winning it.seidel is a good choice as are doyle, dn, chan, and juanda, but ivey is the man, has a mixed game bracelet, and plays mixed games dayly.he is my pick.
Don't DN and Juanda also have mixed-game bracelets?
Don't DN and Juanda also have mixed-game bracelets?
DN has a HORSE bracelet. The last HORSE event they ran he won.
DN has a HORSE bracelet. The last HORSE event they ran he won.
That's what I thought, but was it HORSE or HOSE? Actually I thought it was SHOE??Which brings me to my next question any difference between HOSE and SHOE?

I'm probably wrong, where is all the history listed on the site?

I think a couple of the guys who play in the big mixed game could be good bets as dark horses like Eli Elezra and David Benyamine. I don't really wanna call them dark horses I guess as they are very good mixed game players so I'll call them guys that might get overlooked.

DN won a bracelet in SHOE in 2003.Fischman won the last HORSE event in 2004.

I'm probably wrong, where is all the history listed on the site?
2003 Poker Wins$2,000 S.H.O.E, World Series of PokerIt's in his "Trophy Room" from the homepage. So anyways is there any difference between HOSE and SHOE?

All of the people discussed in this thread are good picks. But what about a long shot. How about John D'Agostino. I think I remember seeing that he did really well in HORSE event in Tunica recently, so it looks like he's been gearing up, and he's one of the best young players around.Of course, I guess he's a good pick to make the final table, but not actually win. I don't think he's won any of the many events he's made tv final tables for.

All of the people discussed in this thread are good picks. But what about a long shot. How about John D'Agostino. I think I remember seeing that he did really well in HORSE event in Tunica recently, so it looks like he's been gearing up, and he's one of the best young players around.Of course, I guess he's a good pick to make the final table, but not actually win. I don't think he's won any of the many events he's made tv final tables for.
I like his chances. I think we're talking about very small edges here anyways. Someone might be a slight favorite to get to the final table, but they may only be a 2:1 favorite over someone we've never heard of that is a great, all-around poker player, and a 1.2:1 fav over someone we've heard of that has a well-rounded game as well, etc.Monty