Wonder where they're going with the whole "heights thing." Two episodes in a row ending with him in a predicament where he could fall.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whattya say you and I get an arraingment like Probey and his roommate had? I'll bring the beers and the balls, you bring the mouth

I don't know why I said that. You were probably being awful   Season 1 was great, 2-3 were solid too, rights. Then it got weird in places   You watching his new joint? I am. Similar formula,

Is it just me or has this season been....blah?I love the show, but its on the down slope if you ask me. They better step it up.
I have come relatively late to the Rescue Me party, having only watched a few episodes whenever I could from the previous seasons, but I do not think its on the downslope. They seem to be going with drama instead of comedy a hell of a lot more than I would prefer, but I think they can go a ton of different ways with the show for at least a couple more seasons after this.
  • 2 weeks later...
Yawn.
that really was a pretty uneventful finale even though his dad did die, but that was pretty expected. but honestly, I was glad that it was uneventful because after reading an interview with dennis leary recently, I've been afraid they were just going to stop making it, ie that was gonna be the last episode. I think the interview was in Maxim, not sure, but he said the way he'd end the show would be just to stop it in the middle without anybody expecting it. still love this show.
that really was a pretty uneventful finale even though his dad did die, but that was pretty expected. but honestly, I was glad that it was uneventful because after reading an interview with dennis leary recently, I've been afraid they were just going to stop making it, ie that was gonna be the last episode. I think the interview was in Maxim, not sure, but he said the way he'd end the show would be just to stop it in the middle without anybody expecting it. still love this show.
I think my apathy towards the show is the result of a sub par season. I hope they bring it next year.

I'm thinking this was a re-structuring type of season, kind of laying the groundwork for next year. For the most part, Tommy became the sanest (for lack of a better term and despite his continued hallucinations) person on the show while nearly everyone in his life was coming off the rails a bit, which was a 180 from the initial seasons. As Tommy continues to come to terms with his turmoil the people around him become more and more unbalanced. It's like a pendulum with Tommy's insanity being on one side and his loved ones' insanity being on the other. As the pendulum swings away from Tommy's insanity it swings further into his friends' insanity, which in turn begins to push the pendulum back.So I'm thinking next season the pendulum will begin to swing back into the area where Tommy will snap.

I hope so. I was waiting this whole season for him to lose it, and it just never came.
Of course it could go the other way with the show ending in a situation where Tommy gets his shit together but everyone else is pure disfunction.
Of course it could go the other way with the show ending in a situation where Tommy gets his shit together but everyone else is pure disfunction.
I hope not. To me it has to end with him dying in a fire. Maybe seeing Jimmy as he dies, plus Connor and Johnny.
I hope not. To me it has to end with him dying in a fire. Maybe seeing Jimmy as he dies, plus Connor and Johnny.
plus his dad.It wasn't balls out silly funny like it normally was this season. That's what got me to the show, and the serious stuff kept me tuned, but they lost some of the hilarity. Who knows? I'm a fan for life, either way.
plus his dad.It wasn't balls out silly funny like it normally was this season. That's what got me to the show, and the serious stuff kept me tuned, but they lost some of the hilarity. Who knows? I'm a fan for life, either way.
agreed. it would have to get pretty friggin terrible for me to quit watching. they need more lou for pure comedic awesomeness.one a comedic note, i was really disappointed with the under-utilization of the chic from strangers with candy. i think she really could've done sooo much more with that role.
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The show was renewed for a fifth season of 22 episodes. In an interview with Jon Stewart on The Daily Show on Thursday, May 15th, 2008, Leary revealed season 5 had been delayed until March 2009 thanks to the writer's strike, but that all 22 episodes would air on consecutive weeks. Leary also said there would be a number of "mini-sodes" airing in June and July to bridge the fourth and fifth seasons.

• 4 weeks later...
I was wondering what that was. My tivo is recording 9 minutes of something.
Rescue Me Minisode : "Fast"A series of five-minute mini episodes begins with Sean struggling to keep his fast in the face of Lou's very tempting homemade doughnuts.IN ONE HOUR.
MARCH??????
The show was renewed for a fifth season of 22 episodes. In an interview with Jon Stewart on The Daily Show on Thursday, May 15th, 2008, Leary revealed season 5 had been delayed until March 2009 thanks to the writer's strike, but that all 22 episodes would air on consecutive weeks. Leary also said there would be a number of "mini-sodes" airing in June and July to bridge the fourth and fifth seasons.