Songs About Drinking

Margaritaville- Jimmy Buffet Let's get Drunk and Screw- Jimmy Buffet I Drink Alone- George Thorogood Escape (The Pina Coloda Song)- I forget who Oh... I think it was Little Feat who sang "Don't Bogart That Joint" but that is a another substance. Oh well.
Jimmy Buffet is considered country.
one whiskey one scotch and one beer by...drawing a blank..someone help me out here
George ThorogoodIt's one bourbon, one scotch, one beer...
I was gonna say that. I've danced nearly naked to this song.Oooh and right before I got nearly kicked out of Glitter Gulch in Las Vegas in Feb, one of my favorite songs about drinking came on:Too Drunk to Fuck by the Dead Kennedys.
you might want to check again
Well no record store would file him under country. No real country music station plays him. No pop country music station plays him, so where do you get Jimmy buffet being classified as country?
you might want to check again
I've never seen Buffett classified as a country artist before , except for that one single about it being 5:00 somewhere.....I always thought the guy had more of an Adult Contemporary/Pop Rock feel. Oh well..... who calls him country? Show me some links and I will have to reevaluate....
I don't know that song, but that made me laugh. I really hope that is a song about drinking.
I'm sure you're right, whomever pointed out all the masturbation references. But I have still drank to that song many times, so I threw it on the list. To be honest I ran out of good ideas after "Brass Monkey" by the Beastie Boys....
Well no record store would file him under country. No real country music station plays him. No pop country music station plays him, so where do you get Jimmy buffet being classified as country?
Due to the fact that every single country station that I have listened to does play many Buffett songs (I hear Margaritaville on a country station around 3 or 4 times a week), the fact that music stores do file him under country, the fact that he got his career started in Nashville, the fact that he has performed at the Grand Ole Opry and the CMA's, oh he has won a CMA award and has been nominated for 5 more.
They play Bon Jovi on that station, are they country now too?
The song with Jennifer Nettles is, only one of Buffett's CMA nominations came from the duet he did with Alan Jackson.

Ok point taken. I mean this is a futile argument I guess because there is no way to really "prove" what type of music something is, but Jimmy Buffett doesn't have the usuall charachteristics of Country Music, and like the link I posted for Amazon had him listed as Popular music. That's where stores keep him rock/pop.

analysis:it does have the word "masturbate" in it, so i feel better. verdict:could go either way, but the masturbation thing isn't a stretch, so although i might be a screwed-up sex pervert, this proves nothing.conclusion:this would be an f'ing weird song to put on an album to give to your sister. if not, then please send me her contact information.
dude, 'Captain Jack will get you high tonight'...it's a song about weed.
Jimmy Buffet is considered country.
no.I don't like country music at all. Seriously. I hate country music. But when I'm drunk, and I mean really drunk, I go to the jukebox and play 'Ring of Fire' by Johnny Cash, 'Friends in Low Places' by Garth Brooks and 'Jessica' by the Allman Brothers. I have no idea what this means...