***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how long it's gonna be before Wakefield and Lester start getting pounded...can't get by very long when you have a K/BB ratio of 1:1 (or worse in Wakefield's case). They've been pretty lucky so far......either stop walking people or watch the ERA soar eventually.Also, I officially approve of the Willie Wilson reference.

I wonder how long it's gonna be before Wakefield and Lester start getting pounded...can't get by very long when you have a K/BB ratio of 1:1 (or worse in Wakefield's case). They've been pretty lucky so far......either stop walking people or watch the ERA soar eventually.Also, I officially approve of the Willie Wilson reference.
Dice-K is giving up a lot of walks too. Wakefield has definitely been giving up way too many walks, but he eats up innings and he'll probably even out. Another telling stat about his control is that last year he hit 4 batters, the year before he hit 10, before that 11, and this year he already has 6. This team sure can hit though.
Dice-K is giving up a lot of walks too. Wakefield has definitely been giving up way too many walks, but he eats up innings and he'll probably even out. Another telling stat about his control is that last year he hit 4 batters, the year before he hit 10, before that 11, and this year he already has 6. This team sure can hit though.
Yeah, the pitching might be a little lackluster this year if their control doesn't improve....but it won't negate the offense.

Helluva game by Wakefield last night.And is Jacoby Ellsbury serious????? He is now 24 for 24 in stolen base attempts TO START HIS CAREER (including 2 in the playoffs). Wow is all I can say.

I picked a good game to see my first one of the season. First time I've seen a no-hitter, seen a few walk off homers (Nomar!) and grand slams but this blows them away.

Game NotesBOSTON PITCHER JON LESTER HAS A NO-HITTER THROUGH SIX INNINGS.BOSTON PITCHER JON LESTER HAS A NO-HITTER THROUGH SEVEN INNINGS.BOSTON PITCHER JON LESTER HAS A NO-HITTER THROUGH EIGHT INNINGS.BOSTON PITCHER JON LESTER HAS THROWN A NO-HITTER.