***///--the Official Kansas City Royals Thread--\\\***

WTG Soria as the early clear-cut favorite for the Royal's rep at the All-Star game. I've loved him since he has came up and I hope he won't be the next "star" of our team that has a short stint in KC. Miguel Olivo as our power guy? Oh really??

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly that was one of the best game's I've ever seen. Instant classic. I wasn't even rooting that hard for the Royals. I definitely like them but I also like the A's, mostly because Jon Lester.

WTG Soria as the early clear-cut favorite for the Royal's rep at the All-Star game. I've loved him since he has came up and I hope he won't be the next "star" of our team that has a short stint in KC. Miguel Olivo as our power guy? Oh really??
At this rate, Greinke is a good candidate too. It's early though...and I don't really like the All-Star game anyways.....doesn't matter to me who goes. Rotation is looking pretty good for the forseeable future.....especially if Greinke really emerges as the ace he can be. Hard to believe he's still only 24 as long as he's been around.
Two game sweep in Cleveland. Gil Meche with seven shutout innings..the bullpen flawless as usual..........capped off by Joakim Soria....KC plays an 8 inning game. Soria ain't giving up anything.....routinely a 22-25 mph difference between fastball and curveball.....mix in a great changeup. Wow. Offense still struggling.....but the pitching is keeping us in it. Only one game back I think.
Really it's only a 7 inning game because Nunez dominates the 8th inning except for that 1 blow-up against Toronto. Meche for 7, Nunez and Soria wrap it up. Amazing.
At this rate, Greinke is a good candidate too. It's early though...and I don't really like the All-Star game anyways.....doesn't matter to me who goes. Rotation is looking pretty good for the forseeable future.....especially if Greinke really emerges as the ace he can be. Hard to believe he's still only 24 as long as he's been around.
Who says they only have to have 1 in the All-Star game? Greinke and Soria both deserve to go right now and because they're pitchers they're not subject to the idiotic fan vote.
Who says they only have to have 1 in the All-Star game? Greinke and Soria both deserve to go right now and because they're pitchers they're not subject to the idiotic fan vote.
No chance two Royals get picked. Too many other good "names" in the league.
No chance two Royals get picked. Too many other good "names" in the league.
Agreed. Think how long it's been since there was more than 1 Royal invited to the All-Star Game. I have no idea, but I'd be willing to guess 15+ years.
Agreed. Think how long it's been since there was more than 1 Royal invited to the All-Star Game. I have no idea, but I'd be willing to guess 15+ years.
In 2003 they had both Sweeney and MacDougal......MacDougal got off to a ridiculous start that year....
In 2003 they had both Sweeney and MacDougal......MacDougal got off to a ridiculous start that year....
Yeah, I forgot about ol' Mike MacDougal having a good half a season before he got hurt. My favorite Royals all-star in the most recent past has to be Ken Harvey in his only real year in the big leagues.Edit: And I just looked and Jermaine Dye and Sweeney both went in 2000, too.....so, obv. my guess went to shit real fast!
No Royals All-Star discussion is complete until Mark Redman is mentioned.I'm gonna go cry now.
LOL, very true. At least we won't be embarassed by whoever gets sent this year, imo.

Blah. What a waste of a good start by Tomko. I guess it's one of the few times this year the bullpen has let us down, so I guess I'll take it in stride.

Blah. What a waste of a good start by Tomko. I guess it's one of the few times this year the bullpen has let us down, so I guess I'll take it in stride.
Yeah, the bullpen can't be perfect. Man, this division is just begging for someone to take control of it....and if weren't for us having the worst offense in baseball we might be in the lead right now. Outside of a couple blowouts, the pitching has been outstanding and should keep getting better as we have a lot of good prospects in the system....but man we gotta get someone who can swing a bat. We have a couple young bats that should develop into impact bats......but man we are the absolute worst right now. I've never seen an offense this bad. We've had the same hitting coach for 2+ years now and we've gotten worse and worse offensively.....time to make a change. It won't "fix" the offense, but we gotta do something...this is just embarrassing.
Yeah, the bullpen can't be perfect. Man, this division is just begging for someone to take control of it....and if weren't for us having the worst offense in baseball we might be in the lead right now. Outside of a couple blowouts, the pitching has been outstanding and should keep getting better as we have a lot of good prospects in the system....but man we gotta get someone who can swing a bat. We have a couple young bats that should develop into impact bats......but man we are the absolute worst right now. I've never seen an offense this bad. We've had the same hitting coach for 2+ years now and we've gotten worse and worse offensively.....time to make a change. It won't "fix" the offense, but we gotta do something...this is just embarrassing.
Yeah, I was hoping this would be the take-off year for Gordon. He showed flashes the first few weeks of the season, but he's kinda leveled off as of late, it seems. One thing hurting us is Guillen was brought in to be a good bat for us in the lineup and he's been far less than expected in that aspect. I'm just hoping the offense does enough this year to at least make July, August, & (GASP) September exciting baseball to watch, for a change.

The Royals offense is the worst offense I've ever seen. All these schoolgirls get so scared at the plate when a runner is on base. Simply pathetic, these pre-teens bitc&es ought to be ahsamed of themselves. 3.3 runs per game over 32 games now....just pathetic.

The Royals offense is the worst offense I've ever seen. All these schoolgirls get so scared at the plate when a runner is on base. Simply pathetic, these pre-teens bitc&es ought to be ahsamed of themselves. 3.3 runs per game over 32 games now....just pathetic.
The Jose Guillen signing is looking awful. This team has no hope unless Butler and Gordon hit like stars. And I dont think that will happen any time soon.
The Jose Guillen signing is looking awful. This team has no hope unless Butler and Gordon hit like stars. And I dont think that will happen any time soon.
Guillen is definitely way overpaid. His numbers will be there in the end, but definitely overpaid.Gordon has been hitting a TON of hard outs lately...he'll be fine. I've never seen a hitter hit so many absolutely crushed line drives right at an outfielder in my life...pretty surreal.Butler, on the other hand, is struggling..but did look better yesterday.The offense will come around, the exact same thing happened last year...couldn't score worth a $hit in April and most of May..then got hot for a while. We'll be fine and win 75ish games...we're still only 2.5 games out despite the offense.....so I wouldn't say we have no hope..every team in the AL Central looks like they could be in for a long summer if they don't fix something soon.

Teahen sucks. I can't take it when he comes up this year with RISP, I just know he's going to swing right through a fastball down the middle for a K. It's his 4th year in the league and his numbers suck (.271 avg. 1 HR 8 RBI .353 OBP .381 SLG) Gordon is better in every catagory except OBP (.346 so barely). I think that the position change has affected him at the plate severely, and I'm not sure its going to get better any time soon. I don't remember a player who swings and misses as much as he does that didn't hit 20+ HRs. BTW I like Teahen, seems like a great guy, I just think he's never going to amount to anything other than an OK utilityman.

Teahen sucks. I can't take it when he comes up this year with RISP, I just know he's going to swing right through a fastball down the middle for a K. It's his 4th year in the league and his numbers suck (.271 avg. 1 HR 8 RBI .353 OBP .381 SLG) Gordon is better in every catagory except OBP (.346 so barely). I think that the position change has affected him at the plate severely, and I'm not sure its going to get better any time soon. I don't remember a player who swings and misses as much as he does that didn't hit 20+ HRs. BTW I like Teahen, seems like a great guy, I just think he's never going to amount to anything other than an OK utilityman.
Teahen needs to batting 8th or 9th...he's a good OBP guy and nothing else. He is a terrible, awful, horrible middle of the lineup hitter. His approach is simply to try and get on base.....he's a singles hitter in a power hitters body. Nice to see a good outburst tonight though. Gordon and DDJ with bombs.
Teahen needs to batting 8th or 9th...he's a good OBP guy and nothing else. He is a terrible, awful, horrible middle of the lineup hitter. His approach is simply to try and get on base.....he's a singles hitter in a power hitters body. Nice to see a good outburst tonight though. Gordon and DDJ with bombs.
Great outing last night. Gordon's bomb was a sweet no-doubter. And dare I say it? Could Guillen be busting out? Doubles down each line in a 3 for 3 performance.
I don't think it's quite time to be so harsh on the kid. He's still only 26 and has played a very good outfield. I agree he should be towards the bottom of the lineup (i'd say 6th or 7th), but I could still see him coming around to being a solid 5-hole some day.

I am glad my O's know how to beat somebody. Tied for the longest winning streak for any team against any other team with 10 in a row vs KC.

Ugh, such a frustrating game to watch tonight. Alex Gordon is quickly becoming 75% of our total offense. So gross. Can we hit into a few more double plays in key spots please??

Bannister pitched a gem the yesterday, more of that please. In other news Carlos Rosa has been promoted to AAA Omaha. McClure stated in spring training that he thought Rosa and Greinke had the best fastballs in the organization, so the fact that Rosa has dominated AA, and is only 1 step away from the bigs is somewhat exciting. I liked the Teahen at the 2 spot in the order experiment the other day, much better there then 3/4/5/6. 1/4 from the Orioles who'd lost 5 straight coming in....ouch.

We have quite a few pretty good pitching prospects at various levels...there is gonna be an AWFUL lot of competition for the #5 spot coming out of ST next year...Greinke, Bannister, Meche, and Hochevar look like locks for the rotation for the next three years at least (of course you never know what could happen)....gonna be Rosa, Davies, talks of MAYBE trying Soria as a starter...guys like Cortes and Pimentel behind them..not even mentioning any potential FA arms that might be brought in...all for one spot.On the offensive side...not a whole lot in the system...Lubanski is doing okay in AAA..Moustakas in A-ball....gonna need Gordon and Butler to keep developing..Buck is a nice catcher...Guillen is getting hot now....but the offense is just way way way too inconsistent to contend this year....hopefully they will just get better. I still say 75 wins this year...which would be a nice improvement and maybe even good for 3rd the way this division is going...and yeah, Teahen needs to be hitting 2nd or 7th I think. He is absolutely awful at 3-6. He simply doesn't hit for any kind of power anymore...it seems like anyways. He's tough to figure out...one day he'll look like he's driving the ball and has the best plate approach in MLB, and then for the next week he'll look like he's a 6'3" slap hitter who can barely get the ball out of the infield. He needs to step it up if he wants to stay in KC...because people are becoming more and more aware that his 06 was just a fluke and he really isn't a very good hitter for a corner outfielder..........

Good win tonight. Offense hit into some tough luck and still managed to get 12 hits....still just barely getting by though. The pitching, on the other hand, holds strong. Six good innings from Greinke despite not having his good stuff tonight...the bullpen was lights out again. Joakim Soria is just unreal. Automatic. 3 games back in the division. Good that we haven't buried ourselves already.