***///--the Official Kansas City Royals Thread--\\\***

LMAO you believe in the tooth fairy too? the only way he stays with the royals is if he never becomes the player he has been hyped to become. Because if he lives up to his purported potential ( which I admit I have no idea how good he really is, everyone in nebraska think's he's the second coming of George Brett, but they have extreme husker and home town kid goggles).Also, I'm not a Red Sox fan, just using them as an example of one of the many teams that has raided the Royal talent pool.
Give me examples. I'll give you three, Carlos Beltran, Johnny Damon, Jermaine Dye. Who else??? Besides, for Beltran, we got our starting right fielder and starting catcher, both of whom are young and are turning into pretty good players.......but please, do tell me about all this "talent" we have lost over the years............Also..it ain't just everyone in nebraska who thinks he's the second coming....just about every scouting organization/prospect rankings etc. have Gordon as THE top prospect in the game..........The Royals have upped payroll over the past few years and will continue to do so for at least the next four years............they've been spending money recently and aren't just gonna get rid of all their talent.......perhaps you should do a little research or something if you really want to get into it instead of just looking at the name "Kansas City" and assuming things will never change.....the KC organization is clearly headed in the right direction under our new GM..and everyone in baseball knows it......sorry if you haven't realized it yet...also, who have the BoSox taken from us...Kyle Snyder?? Lol...you may be just making stuff up now....
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly that was one of the best game's I've ever seen. Instant classic. I wasn't even rooting that hard for the Royals. I definitely like them but I also like the A's, mostly because Jon Lester.

YES YES YES. This is the Koop I know and have missed all year. What took you so long to get back? And as for your retort, it is almost a slap in the face to the Royals organization because they really haven't produced many desirable players in recent years. They did sign Mike Sweeney, and recently DeJesus who was extremely cheap.I'd also like to point out that although you got Teahen and Buck in exchange for Beltran, you fail to point out that you got Neifi Perez for Jermaine Dye and when you traded away Johnny Damon and Mark Ellis, who has had a nice career thusfar, you got Berroa, AJ Hinch, and Roberto Hernandez. Just for the sake of dishing information, using WARP1 assuming it a pretty fair indicator of the value of the players, Beltran has 26, where Teahen and Buck have 17.6. Really not too bad considering the money the organization saved. But Jermaine Dye has had a WARP1 of 23.7 whereas Neifi Perez had a WARP1 of .4 as a Royal. And Damon has had a WARP1 of 36.1 and Ellis has had a WARP1 of 20.1, 56.2 combined, while the returns of Berroa, Hinch, and Hernandez had a combined WARP1 of 15.6.

YES YES YES. This is the Koop I know and have missed all year. What took you so long to get back? And as for your retort, it is almost a slap in the face to the Royals organization because they really haven't produced many desirable players in recent years. They did sign Mike Sweeney, and recently DeJesus who was extremely cheap.I'd also like to point out that although you got Teahen and Buck in exchange for Beltran, you fail to point out that you got Neifi Perez for Jermaine Dye and when you traded away Johnny Damon and Mark Ellis, who has had a nice career thusfar, you got Berroa, AJ Hinch, and Roberto Hernandez. Just for the sake of dishing information, using WARP1 assuming it a pretty fair indicator of the value of the players, Beltran has 26, where Teahen and Buck have 17.6. Really not too bad considering the money the organization saved. But Jermaine Dye has had a WARP1 of 23.7 whereas Neifi Perez had a WARP1 of .4 as a Royal. And Damon has had a WARP1 of 36.1 and Ellis has had a WARP1 of 20.1, 56.2 combined, while the returns of Berroa, Hinch, and Hernandez had a combined WARP1 of 15.6.
I know exactly who we got back for Damon and Dye....I put those as the TWO examples of getting rid of good talent when they became "stars" or whatever his point was. I was asking him to name me more.......because he is telling me it happens all the time and it's gonna keep on happening......but I only count two times we've gotten rid of good players and gotten little back in return. As for Mark Ellis.....uhhhh, he has never even played one game in a KC uniform.....he doesn't count as a good player who was "raided" from our system once he became a proven commodity......So to your point, yes, we had two bad transactions with Dye and Damon that saw us get rid of good, proven players and gain little in return. Does two bad transactions mean that that happens "all the time" to us now?? I don't think so......we signed Gil Meche to a good contract, we have Sweeney's contract coming off the books, which frees up 11 mil per year, we are upping payroll to the 70-75 million mark next year, we signed DDJ to a good extention a year ago, we have been active in acquiring as much pitching as possible, picking up a 23 year old prospect (Kyle Davies) for a 33 year old, oft-injured, middle reliever who is merely decent.....we have a lot of young arms on the way and a lot already on the team....we have offensive talent everywhere........no, of course we won't be able to keep every single player throughout their entire career...but if that is why you are making fun of the Royals.....please, tell me which team keeps EVERY SINGLE PLAYER for their entire career?
Give me examples. I'll give you three, Carlos Beltran, Johnny Damon, Jermaine Dye. Who else??? Besides, for Beltran, we got our starting right fielder and starting catcher, both of whom are young and are turning into pretty good players.......but please, do tell me about all this "talent" we have lost over the years............Also..it ain't just everyone in nebraska who thinks he's the second coming....just about every scouting organization/prospect rankings etc. have Gordon as THE top prospect in the game..........The Royals have upped payroll over the past few years and will continue to do so for at least the next four years............they've been spending money recently and aren't just gonna get rid of all their talent.......perhaps you should do a little research or something if you really want to get into it instead of just looking at the name "Kansas City" and assuming things will never change.....the KC organization is clearly headed in the right direction under our new GM..and everyone in baseball knows it......sorry if you haven't realized it yet...also, who have the BoSox taken from us...Kyle Snyder?? Lol...you may be just making stuff up now....
So you want to bet on this? I bet if Gordon is at least a two time all star before his contract is up, he doesn't resign with the royals. Oh wait, I already know your answer about putting yoru money where your mouth is w/r/t the royals.
So you want to bet on this? I bet if Gordon is at least a two time all star before his contract is up, he doesn't resign with the royals. Oh wait, I already know your answer about putting yoru money where your mouth is w/r/t the royals.
You want to make like, a seven year bet over the internet with some guy you probably will never hear from again in a few years???? Uhhhhhhhhhhh....yeah, that sounds realistic.......Gordon is viewed as the face of the franchise for years to come and everyone, and I mean EVERYONE in the organization states that it is their #1 priority to sign him to a long term contract probably in the next year or so....so there is no chance that we're going to wait until he reaches his peak and then sign him to an extension, I bet he signs a long term extension in two years probably........he said he wants to, the owner wants to, the GM wants to.............I'm gonna listen to all of them over some guy who knows very little about our organization/players. (You said yourself you don't even know how good he is/will be at all....so.....)
You want to make like, a seven year bet over the internet with some guy you probably will never hear from again in a few years???? Uhhhhhhhhhhh....yeah, that sounds realistic.......Gordon is viewed as the face of the franchise for years to come and everyone, and I mean EVERYONE in the organization states that it is their #1 priority to sign him to a long term contract probably in the next year or so....so there is no chance that we're going to wait until he reaches his peak and then sign him to an extension, I bet he signs a long term extension in two years probably........he said he wants to, the owner wants to, the GM wants to.............I'm gonna listen to all of them over some guy who knows very little about our organization/players. (You said yourself you don't even know how good he is/will be at all....so.....)
Well no sht everyone in the organization has him as their number one priority, that doesn't mean it will happen. When the yankees or red sox or angels offer him eight more million per year than the royals, we'll see how committed to being the "face of the franchise" this kid is..

Hey Koop, good to have you back!I tried for a minute to duplicate your game/series previews, but realized quickly that my attempts were futile. Anyway did you see Gordon's homer against the cardinals where he hit the top of the furthest billboard in the right field fountains? Or the one he hit vs. Minnesota in the 10th inning the other night? Do you remember anyone that could hit the ball further with an easier swing than that?!? I am sure glad the Royals did not give in to the consensus that he should be moved to AAA earlier in the year, because he has figured things out so far.Anyway, I am really excited to have some enthusiasm in this city for this once-proud team. Keep up the good work KOOP!LET'S GO ROYALS!

Well no sht everyone in the organization has him as their number one priority, that doesn't mean it will happen. When the yankees or red sox or angels offer him eight more million per year than the royals, we'll see how committed to being the "face of the franchise" this kid is..
Yeah, you're right, we're just gonna let him get to free agency and then try to outbid others...oh, wait a second.....the GM said they are gonna try and resign him within the next two years...the owner said we were gonna try and sign him in the next two years.....GORDON HIMSELF said he wanted to sign a long term deal within the next couple years............pretty much everyone associated with the organization has said they were going to sign him soon...but besides all that, yeah, we're just gonna sit back and wait until he's a free agent and then try and outbid the Yankees. Yeah..good thinking there boss.
man, it must really stink having to root for a team that basically almost never has a chance at a World Series anymore I bet.
I wouldn't say they never have another chance at the World Series. The Marlins won 2 of the last 10. If they can bring up a bunch of talent before it hits free agency they definately have a chance.
Yeah, you're right, we're just gonna let him get to free agency and then try to outbid others...oh, wait a second.....the GM said they are gonna try and resign him within the next two years...the owner said we were gonna try and sign him in the next two years.....GORDON HIMSELF said he wanted to sign a long term deal within the next couple years............pretty much everyone associated with the organization has said they were going to sign him soon...but besides all that, yeah, we're just gonna sit back and wait until he's a free agent and then try and outbid the Yankees. Yeah..good thinking there boss.
again, I said" NO **** everyone in the front office wants to sign him" I want a three some with Jessica Alba and Latitia Casta, doesn't mean it's going to happen. If Gordon has an agent that is worth 2 shts, AND he lives up to his hype, there's no way they will sign a long term extension before free agency. you say " we're just going to let him get to free agency" as if he has to get the front office's permission first. I hate to break it to you, Koop, but this isn't the era of George Brett... guys like Rypkien and Gynn are the exceptions, not the rules, and becoming rarer by the day. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe this kid really does want to stay in KC and live closer to his family. But when doing that means that he'll be living 10's of millions of dollars on the table over the course of that contract? Forgive me if I'm skeptical.
again, I said" NO **** everyone in the front office wants to sign him" I want a three some with Jessica Alba and Latitia Casta, doesn't mean it's going to happen. If Gordon has an agent that is worth 2 shts, AND he lives up to his hype, there's no way they will sign a long term extension before free agency. you say " we're just going to let him get to free agency" as if he has to get the front office's permission first. I hate to break it to you, Koop, but this isn't the era of George Brett... guys like Rypkien and Gynn are the exceptions, not the rules, and becoming rarer by the day. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe this kid really does want to stay in KC and live closer to his family. But when doing that means that he'll be living 10's of millions of dollars on the table over the course of that contract? Forgive me if I'm skeptical.
Exactly. Yes, you are wrong. Who do you think knows more about the KC organization and its players, you or me??? Since KC baseball is pretty much the most important part of my life, I'm gonna say me. Besides, you act like the Royals aren't willing to pay anybody, even though we have upped payroll each of the past two years and plan on upping payroll into the 80 million dollar mark in the next couple years.....oh what, oh WHAT would be upping payroll for...oh, I know...perhaps the reason the owner wants to do that IS SO THAT WE CAN SIGN THE BEST PLAYER WE WILL HAVE TO AN EXTENSION! THAT IS THE EXACT REASON we are increasing payroll every year for the forseeable future.........we signed Gil Meche to an 11 mil per year contract, Mike Sweeney had that same contract and it is coming off the books after this year.........you think we aren't gonna offer Gordon anything decent...but will offer Gil Meche and Mike Sweeney 11 mil per year??? Lol..okay. I'm not saying we're going to sign every good player we ever have, I know free agency is a big thing now....but Gordon is the ONE guy we aren't going to let go.....other big prospects we have, yeah, probably, there's no way we can sign EVERY player to big contracts....but Gordon isn't going anywhere. Trust me. You are wrong on this one.
Exactly. Yes, you are wrong. Who do you think knows more about the KC organization and its players, you or me??? Since KC baseball is pretty much the most important part of my life, I'm gonna say me. Besides, you act like the Royals aren't willing to pay anybody, even though we have upped payroll each of the past two years and plan on upping payroll into the 80 million dollar mark in the next couple years.....oh what, oh WHAT would be upping payroll for...oh, I know...perhaps the reason the owner wants to do that IS SO THAT WE CAN SIGN THE BEST PLAYER WE WILL HAVE TO AN EXTENSION! THAT IS THE EXACT REASON we are increasing payroll every year for the forseeable future.........we signed Gil Meche to an 11 mil per year contract, Mike Sweeney had that same contract and it is coming off the books after this year.........you think we aren't gonna offer Gordon anything decent...but will offer Gil Meche and Mike Sweeney 11 mil per year??? Lol..okay. I'm not saying we're going to sign every good player we ever have, I know free agency is a big thing now....but Gordon is the ONE guy we aren't going to let go.....other big prospects we have, yeah, probably, there's no way we can sign EVERY player to big contracts....but Gordon isn't going anywhere. Trust me. You are wrong on this one.
You know what. There is NO Easter Bunny. Over there, that's just a guy in a suit. I have no doubt you know more about KC than me. However, you have a few huge blind spots w/r/t the royals and a complete inability to view them with any form of objectivity. If this kid is really going to be the perennial all-star, hall of fame talent he's alleged to be, there's just no way the royals will be able to pay him like the top 5-6 payroll teams could, so unless he has a abnormal disinterest in money and material possessions, there's just no chance he stays a royal. Now, if he has Gil Meche/ Mike Sweeney talent, then there's a good chance he'll stay a royal.
I wouldn't say they never have another chance at the World Series. The Marlins won 2 of the last 10. If they can bring up a bunch of talent before it hits free agency they definately have a chance.
even as a marlins fan, this statement looks weird. still nice.Royals owner is a soulless pig. That will prevent them from ever running goot.
Royals Close Up Shop To Avoid Playing Yankees Again
KANSAS CITY--The Kansas City Royals announced today that they were “closing up shop” in order to avoid playing the New York Yankees ever again. The decision was made following a three-game sweep that brought the Royals season record against the Bombers to 1-6, with an average margin of defeat of seven runs.
You know what. There is NO Easter Bunny. Over there, that's just a guy in a suit. I have no doubt you know more about KC than me. However, you have a few huge blind spots w/r/t the royals and a complete inability to view them with any form of objectivity. If this kid is really going to be the perennial all-star, hall of fame talent he's alleged to be, there's just no way the royals will be able to pay him like the top 5-6 payroll teams could, so unless he has a abnormal disinterest in money and material possessions, there's just no chance he stays a royal. Now, if he has Gil Meche/ Mike Sweeney talent, then there's a good chance he'll stay a royal.
So, you think if we try and sign Gordon to an extension/new contract next year, that he is going to demand 20 million a year?? Is that what you honestly think?? If so...well, you're wrong. That's exactly why we are gonna sign him much sooner than later....to get him before his value goes way the f**k up.Also...good to see Kyle Davies look so impressive today...oh, but the Royals have no talent whatsoever and will always suck so I guess it doesn't matter....even though our team ERA THIS YEAR is better than the Detroit Tigers.........doesn't matter, they have a lot of pitching and we have none......

I'm just gonna go out and say, that shutting down the Twins is nothing right now. The Twins are by far, by far the worst offense in the league in the last month. So congrats. Kyle Davies shut down a horrible offense.

So, you think if we try and sign Gordon to an extension/new contract next year, that he is going to demand 20 million a year?? Is that what you honestly think?? If so...well, you're wrong. That's exactly why we are gonna sign him much sooner than later....to get him before his value goes way the f**k up.Also...good to see Kyle Davies look so impressive today...oh, but the Royals have no talent whatsoever and will always suck so I guess it doesn't matter....even though our team ERA THIS YEAR is better than the Detroit Tigers.........doesn't matter, they have a lot of pitching and we have none......
No, I think he's not going to resign and waits to sign a contract untill he's a free agent.
I'm just gonna go out and say, that shutting down the Twins is nothing right now. The Twins are by far, by far the worst offense in the league in the last month. So congrats. Kyle Davies shut down a horrible offense.
They scored 11 in the previous game...so I'll take it.
No, I think he's not going to resign and waits to sign a contract untill he's a free agent.
Well.....he said that he is going to want to sign soon, is NOT after a huge contract, and would rather play in KC (since he was a Royals fan) rather than play elsewhere for a little more money...AND we have been upping payroll the past couple years and will continue to do so for the next few years..up to the 80 million dollar range supposedly........and we are planning on giving him a lot of money to stay around.....I'll take all those factors that say he is going to stay in KC for a while rather than you making some blanket statment that "KC never signs anybody good...they never spend money..always suck always suck."

Huh...another great pitching performance from a young pitcher in today's win.....making our ERA that much better than the Detroit Tigers.....even though we have no chance to ever, ever in the future get out of last place or possibly be better than the Tigers.........huh, go figure.Except for Odalis Perez (who won't be here next year), we have four pretty good potential arms in our rotation already....Gil Meche (28 years old, 3.95 ERA), Brian Bannister (26, 3.32 ERA), Kyle Davies (23 years old, looked awesome in his last start..inconsistent though..lots of potential), and Leo Nunez (23 years old...2-0, 1.80 ERA this year....)....add in either Joakim Soria (23 years old, 2.18 ERA, 56 K in 46 innings...) or Zack Greinke (23 years old....sub-4 ERA as a 20 year old his rookie year as a starter....awesome in the bullpen this year) to the mix....plus good pitching prospects in AAA.............plus super prospects in Alex Gordon and Billy Butler...John Buck becoming a decent power threat this year.......Tony Pena Jr. getting better with the bat and great defensively......Joey Gathright getting on base at way above a .400 clip.....lots of stolen bases and highlight reel defense.........Mark Teahen hitting for a solid average...and ALLLLLLLL of those players pretty young and only going to get better.....Man, we will suck forever because the team is from Kansas City.

Well.....he said that he is going to want to sign soon, is NOT after a huge contract, and would rather play in KC (since he was a Royals fan) rather than play elsewhere for a little more money...AND we have been upping payroll the past couple years and will continue to do so for the next few years..up to the 80 million dollar range supposedly........and we are planning on giving him a lot of money to stay around.....I'll take all those factors that say he is going to stay in KC for a while rather than you making some blanket statment that "KC never signs anybody good...they never spend money..always suck always suck."
How about this statement "I'll believe it when I see it" Given the combination of A) The greed of the modern player and B) KC's past history... I'm just a wee bit skeptical, is all. Maybe he will, but I'm skeptical. On the plus side, he's from Nebraska, and this state has alot of sentimental suckers, so maybe.