***///--the Official Kansas City Royals Thread--\\\***

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly that was one of the best game's I've ever seen. Instant classic. I wasn't even rooting that hard for the Royals. I definitely like them but I also like the A's, mostly because Jon Lester.

Amazing win today, 11-10. Down 10-3 going into the bottom 5th with Tim Lincecum on the mound...tied for 2nd biggest comeback in franchise history. 33-43 record still isn't pretty..but it could be a lot worse..things are definitely getting better. Nice to see some guys on our offense putting up some numbers. David DeJesus in particular is having a career year.

I'm really liking the never say die attitude of this team lately. They just seem to be battling to the end every game now, where in the past they would've given up early today and lost 10-3 or whatever. I need to learn to not turn off the game nowadays, because these guys are capable of at least putting up a fight. I heard early in the season (pre 12-game losing streak), that Denny Matthews was saying how you could just see the difference in the way, even though they were still losing, that they were tough to beat. Basically they don't rollover when they get down. Nice to see a packed house a for few days straight as well.

Welcome to the team, Mr. Aviles. Please, take off your coat and stay awhile.
No doubt. Compared to TPJ, he's hitting like Babe Ruth. A shortstop hitting .328 with a .625 SLG%? Yikes! And another 2 hits with a double tonight. I doubt he can keep it up, but I'll enjoy the ride for now. And Guillen is simply on fire.
I'm really liking the never say die attitude of this team lately. They just seem to be battling to the end every game now, where in the past they would've given up early today and lost 10-3 or whatever. I need to learn to not turn off the game nowadays, because these guys are capable of at least putting up a fight. I heard early in the season (pre 12-game losing streak), that Denny Matthews was saying how you could just see the difference in the way, even though they were still losing, that they were tough to beat. Basically they don't rollover when they get down. Nice to see a packed house a for few days straight as well.
I totally agree. I turned off the game when it was 10-3 and had to turn it back on when I saw on the computer that it was 10-8. I didn't think they had that kind of offense in them.
No doubt. Compared to TPJ, he's hitting like Babe Ruth. A shortstop hitting .328 with a .625 SLG%? Yikes! And another 2 hits with a double tonight. I doubt he can keep it up, but I'll enjoy the ride for now. And Guillen is simply on fire.
He clearly can't keep a 1.000 OPS up..but I think it's pretty clear that he's fairly legit. I'd be thrilled with an OPS in the upper .700s from a middle infielder. What he's doing now is just stunning so far....hopefully it lasts for a while. Guillen is insane right now..DDJ is having his breakout year....Aviles is awesome, Teahen is regaining that power..Gordon is decent..the offense really is coming around..and should improve when Butler gets back.
He clearly can't keep a 1.000 OPS up..but I think it's pretty clear that he's fairly legit. I'd be thrilled with an OPS in the upper .700s from a middle infielder. What he's doing now is just stunning so far....hopefully it lasts for a while. Guillen is insane right now..DDJ is having his breakout year....Aviles is awesome, Teahen is regaining that power..Gordon is decent..the offense really is coming around..and should improve when Butler gets back.
One potential trouble spot is the disturbing lack of walks (again!). Guillen's last BB was May 15th. May 15th!! That's insane. And Aviles only has 2 walks in 68 at-bats. Of course, this is nothing new, but this hot hitting streak can't hold up and then we'll be hoping to win 2-1 again.
One potential trouble spot is the disturbing lack of walks (again!). Guillen's last BB was May 15th. May 15th!! That's insane. And Aviles only has 2 walks in 68 at-bats. Of course, this is nothing new, but this hot hitting streak can't hold up and then we'll be hoping to win 2-1 again.
With Guilllen and Aviles that is true...but other guys like Gordon, Teahen and DeJesus have pretty good plate discipline. I'd also attribute the lack of walks to the fact that pitchers mostly go right after each batter because of our poor offensive reputation...while with teams like the Red Sox and others they are going to be a lot more careful. I don't think the offense is as bad as it was early in the year simply b/c Aviles is a giant upgrade over TPJ and Guillen was struggling so bad...but the offense will definitely come to Earth..probably when we start playing real baseball against the AL.

It'll be interesting later this season if Grudzy gets traded to a contender (which I have a feeling is gonna happen) how Aviles and TPJ do playing ss and 2b. It'd be nice to see 2 young players up-the-middle develop into a quality battery. That, of course, means TJ still has to get his swing fixed, which I don't see happening anytime soon.

Good win after De La Rosa finally started pitching the way we remember. Hopefully the home-plate ump is ok after taking that splintered bat to the dome. Also, I wonder what the Ramon Ramirez/Torrealba (sp?) thing in the 9th was about??

Good win after De La Rosa finally started pitching the way we remember. Hopefully the home-plate ump is ok after taking that splintered bat to the dome. Also, I wonder what the Ramon Ramirez/Torrealba (sp?) thing in the 9th was about??
Hottest team in baseball right now...the Royals are absolutely rolling. Our record was looking the same as always a couple weeks ago...but now at 35-43...not that awful. Nice to see Guillen not have to carry the offense every night..Gordon with a bomb, Aviles keeps going...drew some walks. Greinke had dominating stuff except for a couple mistakes..10 Ks and no walks.....pretty sick how good we are playing right now.Yeah..that 9th inning was insane...nobody saw that coming. They'll probably hit one of our batters tomorrow..even though we didn't hit one of theirs really. Ramirez needs some work on his beanball accuracy.
Fortunately, the ump took the barrel upside the head and not the splintered end. They said it was just a laceration and not that serious.Ha! I post about plate discipline and Aviles and Guillen both draw a walk! I think we need to start scoring 10 runs a game... :club: I told my friend the Cubs fan that the World Series this year would be the Red Sox vs. the Royals because KC is clearly the best team in the NL.

Awww, can we have more than 3 games still vs the NL???? :club: A very good start by Hochevar tonight. KC looking at a possible 3 all-stars this year?? (Soria, DeJesus, & Guillen) That would be nice to see. Hopefully we keep the train rolling vs the Cards this weekend and back into league play. It's fun to watch....keep it up, boys.

Out of last place for the moment. Hochevar continues to show signs of getting to be pretty good. Royals kinda working themselves back in the division race..only seven games out...could be a lot worse given a 12-game losing streak.

Out of last place for the moment. Hochevar continues to show signs of getting to be pretty good. Royals kinda working themselves back in the division race..only seven games out...could be a lot worse given a 12-game losing streak.
True, but the thing that sickens me is where this team could be if they just played around .500 during that losing streak. Let's hope they can keep it going and not fall off the map for 2 weeks this time. Let's keep up the NL/Cardinals pwnament.......GOGOGOGO!!!Edit: Also, if it wasn't for the Tigers and Twins streaking right now too, we could be 3rd in the division. That's a pretty gross thought.
Didn't get a chance to watch tonight's game, but just saw we pulled a 7-2 win. Hottest team in MLB, suckas!
Gordon looked great at the plate...HR and a two-out bases clearing double. Meche wasn't that sharp...lot of help from the defense..but he certainly found a way to get it done without his best stuff. DeJesus continues to be out-freaking-standing this year.
Didn't get a chance to watch tonight's game, but just saw we pulled a 7-2 win. Hottest team in MLB, suckas!
2nd hottest. Those damn Twins just won't lose! Heck, everyone in the AL is hot since they're playing quadruple-A teams. Keeps the Royals from gaining any ground... :club:

I'm just worried about getting to .500 first before worrying about making up ground in the division. I'm nervous about playing against the AL again..hopefully this can carry over...but it's a different level of competition. My god the NL is a flat out disgrace right now..they suck.

I was at the game last night. And I dont have anything to say about the on field performances, they speak for themselves.But before the game, during the national anthem, the lyrics were appearing on the video board that is part of the left field fence. And when it got to the end, it read like this.And the home of the brave?? I didnt know it was a question. I just thought that was kind of funny.

I was at the game last night. And I dont have anything to say about the on field performances, they speak for themselves.But before the game, during the national anthem, the lyrics were appearing on the video board that is part of the left field fence. And when it got to the end, it read like this.And the home of the brave?? I didnt know it was a question. I just thought that was kind of funny.
A lot of times...people in KC yell 'and the home of the CHIEFS!!!!' so maybe it's some kind of reference to that...or maybe just an error. Either way..yeak, kinda funny.Davies deserved a lot better today....defense was ridicuously sloppy.....Miguel Olivo is an AWFUL defensive catcher.....but our offense was shut down pretty good today...so I don't think it mattered. Can't win every game.

A little late..but man, what a clutch HR from Olivo in the 9th. Down by one in the ninth with two outs and the bases empty and down in the count 0-2....goes deep to tie it. Amazing win to start the road trip. Sights set on .500 perhaps.