Good episode, I won't break anything if you're in a different time zone or just haven't seen it, but I thought it was pretty good. Desmond and Locke are two of my favorite characters, some of the most intriguing. What are some of your fav characters?

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good episode, I won't break anything if you're in a different time zone or just haven't seen it, but I thought it was pretty good. Desmond and Locke are two of my favorite characters, some of the most intriguing. What are some of your fav characters?
Hurley is my favorite. He is funny and he is the guy everyone likes. I thought the episode was good as well. However, I didn't see the point of his backstory-all it showed is how he met Penny, and that he was engaged once before-Anything else good/important in the flashbacks that I may have missed?
Hurley is my favorite. He is funny and he is the guy everyone likes. I thought the episode was good as well. However, I didn't see the point of his backstory-all it showed is how he met Penny, and that he was engaged once before-Anything else good/important in the flashbacks that I may have missed?
There were several things that I caught, but I'm sort of a nut. The number came up again with the wine costing 108 quid per bottle. In the friars office when Desmond returns his robe (or whatever it's called), there was a picture on the friar's desk. The photo was of the friar standing next to an older woman, and that older woman was clearly Mrs. Hawking, the lady who ran the jewelry store in one of Desmonds other flashbacks. I liked the episode overall, and while not being religious, I liked the bible reference. I wonder how the trip into the jungle would have been if Desmond wouldn't have failed where Abraham did not, presumably by choosing to not sacrifice Charlie.I also noticed that the writers have introduced two copies of the picture of Desmond and Penny, while the street vendor only gave them one copy initially. Weird. If the helicopter or whatever it was was planning on landing on the island, why did the pilot or whoever have a high pressure/altitude suit on? Was a rough landing presumed? Am I the only one who thought the girl muttered Desmond's name? My favorite character would have to be Kate and her semi naked shots. Yum. I also like Penny and her accent, but Kate being such a bad girl is what does it for me.I'm wondering now what Ben and the Others' have planned for the losties in the next five episodes. I'm not looking forward to having to wait until next season to get some of my questions answered. I realize that the writers will not give us everything that we want, but I feel that a lot of the 'on-the-fence' fans will be alienated if we don't get some closure before the end of the season.Jeepster
There were several things that I caught, but I'm sort of a nut. The number came up again with the wine costing 108 quid per bottle. In the friars office when Desmond returns his robe (or whatever it's called), there was a picture on the friar's desk. The photo was of the friar standing next to an older woman, and that older woman was clearly Mrs. Hawking, the lady who ran the jewelry store in one of Desmonds other flashbacks. I liked the episode overall, and while not being religious, I liked the bible reference. I wonder how the trip into the jungle would have been if Desmond wouldn't have failed where Abraham did not, presumably by choosing to not sacrifice Charlie.I also noticed that the writers have introduced two copies of the picture of Desmond and Penny, while the street vendor only gave them one copy initially. Weird. If the helicopter or whatever it was was planning on landing on the island, why did the pilot or whoever have a high pressure/altitude suit on? Was a rough landing presumed? Am I the only one who thought the girl muttered Desmond's name? My favorite character would have to be Kate and her semi naked shots. Yum. I also like Penny and her accent, but Kate being such a bad girl is what does it for me.I'm wondering now what Ben and the Others' have planned for the losties in the next five episodes. I'm not looking forward to having to wait until next season to get some of my questions answered. I realize that the writers will not give us everything that we want, but I feel that a lot of the 'on-the-fence' fans will be alienated if we don't get some closure before the end of the season.Jeepster
I look forward to Jeepster's review each week almost as much as the show itself...hahaand yes, mystery girl whispered Desmond's name mos def.
If the helicopter or whatever it was was planning on landing on the island, why did the pilot or whoever have a high pressure/altitude suit on? Was a rough landing presumed? Am I the only one who thought the girl muttered Desmond's name?
I think that the helicopter or whatever did not know what to expect. I think that they realized that the island is extremely mysterious so they had on the altitude suit as a precaution.

I think eye patch dude is still alive due to the fact that he staged his own death, when Kate and Juliette came upon the security devices they were turned off so I'm pretty sure he was aware of this.

Alright Jeepster, what is with the ending and how is eye patch dude still alive?Pretty sweet episode. Scenes from next week look great.
I don't have a whole lot to add this week as the episode was fairly straight forward.It seemed to me that Mikhail was expecting to only find the girl, not Desmond et al. I have no idea how he could have faked his own death at the electric fence. I have some trouble with this, as the losties have buried all of the other's that have died, but not Mikhail? They weren't in any sort of hurry that they couldn't bury him in my opinion, but meh. Seeing Charlie get angry and Jin kick some *** is always fun to see. I'm also fairly certain that Mikhail didn't know what the girl was saying, but simply took advantage of the situation so he could leave. She seemed just as surprised to see him as the other losties. He seemed to want the satellite phone badly, which I can understand since the communications hut was destroyed. Is the phone their only link to the outside world now?I'm wondering what next week will tell us in regards to the girl saying that they found the plane, and that there were no survivors. I've always liked the show in that it seems very real, but as I've read elsewhere, the time loop and alternate universe nutjobs will feast on this episode. I think it's some kind of con, which would fit nicely with the storyline. I'm hoping the writers are throwing those nits a bone and not ruining the reality factor of the show. I wonder whether the plane crash was faked, or if the girl is lying. Hopefully we find out.I also liked that there seems to be doubt increasing among the losties in their trust of Jack. I'm glad to know that the losties are talking to each other about this, and I'm also glad Sun caught on to Jack's wondering about the baby. I'm guessing Sawyer will be taking over leadership roles at the camp as season three draws to a close. Whether that happens gradually or violently I don't know, but it'll make for good tv. I disliked that Sun distrusts Jack but willingly followed Juliet into the forest. I was expecting Sun to get taken while waiting outside for Juliet. I'm also waiting for Juliet to turn around and see Sun, but we'll see. As Juliet is building trust amongst the losties, I can see her allegiance to Ben withering to nothing, but I can also see Ben killing her off if she doesn't do as she's told. Her "I hate you" speech says a lot in my opinion. She says that she needs a sample of Austin, does that mean Kate is pregnant as well?It was weird to find out that Jin's working for Sun's father are the result of Sun's doing, it seems like that tension may take us somewhere. Maybe not this season, but sometime. I liked her backstory, it seems like she really loves Jin, even though she cheated on him (that whore). Maybe messing around on him made her realize her feelings. (enough of this talk) I'm also pleased to hear that the baby is Jin's. So it seems that Sun will die. Is that her punishment for cheating and her putting him in the mess he's in with her father?I think the nursery "where moms go to die" or whatever was the same place that Claire was taken when Ethan was giving her the shots. Is the only reason she didn't die because she was already pregnant, or is there something else going on?The previews for next week look awesome, but like past previews, the juiciest pieces we were shown won't happen until the final episode, and even then they have to hook us for next season. If they don't show us what happens to both Ben and Locke's father by the end of the season, I'm boycotting the show. Ok, probably not, but I'll seriously consider it. That is my only true hatred of the show, that the previews they show are not just for the next week, but sometimes a long ways off. That's all for now. There may be some edits as I discuss this with my fellow Lost e-nerds.
She says that she needs a sample of Austin, does that mean Kate is pregnant as well?I think the nursery "where moms go to die" or whatever was the same place that Claire was taken when Ethan was giving her the shots. Is the only reason she didn't die because she was already pregnant, or is there something else going on?
Juliet and Ben know that Kate and Sawyer had sex and they also know that they didn't have any protection of any kind, so Ben probably just wants to know if she is pregnant or not.I think she didn't die because she didn't concieve the baby while on the island. Juliet said that the moms didn't survive into their thrid trimester, and Claire was 8 months preganant (I think) when she was on the plane.

Just finished downloading and watching the torrent. Great review Jeepbuddy...I'll have a good response for ya tomorrow. Excellent episode.

It seemed to me that Mikhail was expecting to only find the girl, not Desmond et al. I have no idea how he could have faked his own death at the electric fence. I have some trouble with this, as the losties have buried all of the other's that have died, but not Mikhail? They weren't in any sort of hurry that they couldn't bury him in my opinion, but meh. Seeing Charlie get angry and Jin kick some *** is always fun to see.
Mikhail was surprised to see the Losties but it's not clear why. Maybe he knew about the mystery girl but it's possible he just followed the flare that was shot from Hugo.
I'm also fairly certain that Mikhail didn't know what the girl was saying, but simply took advantage of the situation so he could leave. She seemed just as surprised to see him as the other losties. He seemed to want the satellite phone badly, which I can understand since the communications hut was destroyed. Is the phone their only link to the outside world now?
It's funny...I saw the language barrier issue exactly opposite. I viewed it as Mikhail understanding perfectly and more likely not wanting to translate. The phone seems important but don't you feel like he gave it up rather quickly?Speaking of language barrier...why did Hugo not seemed surprised when the chick started to speak perfect English?
I'm wondering what next week will tell us in regards to the girl saying that they found the plane, and that there were no survivors. I've always liked the show in that it seems very real, but as I've read elsewhere, the time loop and alternate universe nutjobs will feast on this episode. I think it's some kind of con, which would fit nicely with the storyline. I'm hoping the writers are throwing those nits a bone and not ruining the reality factor of the show. I wonder whether the plane crash was faked, or if the girl is lying. Hopefully we find out.
I don't think we've seen a Hugo back story yet (I could be wrong) which would set things up great for his next one. I always miss the previews so I have no idea. Anyways, the no plane-no survivors statement plays right into what Libby told Huge prior to her death. That all this is in his mind and that nothing is real. Real good mindfukk indeed.I'm not sure whether it's better or worse that we have so much time away from John's POV but at least it builds up my curiousity. His connection to the island and knowledge of the Lostie's interaction and habits is invaluable to Ben.
I also liked that there seems to be doubt increasing among the losties in their trust of Jack. I'm glad to know that the losties are talking to each other about this, and I'm also glad Sun caught on to Jack's wondering about the baby. I'm guessing Sawyer will be taking over leadership roles at the camp as season three draws to a close. Whether that happens gradually or violently I don't know, but it'll make for good tv.
I can't see Sawyer taking a leadership role UNLESS it's in the role of a warrior. Peace time leader Sawyer is not. But if it was a matter of life or death Sawyer's a trooper and would do it for Kate if nothing else. At the end of the day his preferance is to run vs. fighting unless it's something he values.
I disliked that Sun distrusts Jack but willingly followed Juliet into the forest. I was expecting Sun to get taken while waiting outside for Juliet. I'm also waiting for Juliet to turn around and see Sun, but we'll see. As Juliet is building trust amongst the losties, I can see her allegiance to Ben withering to nothing, but I can also see Ben killing her off if she doesn't do as she's told. Her "I hate you" speech says a lot in my opinion. She says that she needs a sample of Austin, does that mean Kate is pregnant as well?
I hear ya in the trust issue but Sun was looking for answers. Jack is asking without satisfying Sun's curiousity while Juliet offers a higher risk-reward situation. It still makes sense if you can see it that way.The "I hate you" line IS big. Juliet is smart and capable of dishing out Ben's plans but I suspect she's only a participant in this because of her sister. It'll be interesting to see if she pulls the double-agent (a la Jen Garner in Alias) routine.

---> Damn, I didn't know there was a limit on quoting in a post. Here's Part 2.

It was weird to find out that Jin's working for Sun's father are the result of Sun's doing, it seems like that tension may take us somewhere. Maybe not this season, but sometime. I liked her backstory, it seems like she really loves Jin, even though she cheated on him (that whore). Maybe messing around on him made her realize her feelings. (enough of this talk) I'm also pleased to hear that the baby is Jin's. So it seems that Sun will die. Is that her punishment for cheating and her putting him in the mess he's in with her father?
I had said that Jin-Sun storyline was dying but I admittedly enjoyed the backstory. The writers are good at making an almost independant story with these two characters. I agree, the baby being Jin's is a nice change and although a little bit expected it's good to see Sun wish it to be that way.Totally offtrack mindless thinking moment: When Juliet mentioned that guys produce 5 times the sperm...could you imagine what a Peter North facial would be like?! :club: Back to scheduled programming...
I think the nursery "where moms go to die" or whatever was the same place that Claire was taken when Ethan was giving her the shots. Is the only reason she didn't die because she was already pregnant, or is there something else going on?
Assuming Juliet told Sun the truth then Claire didn't die because she was pregnant prior to arriving on the island (only those who conceive on the island die). Question is did Claire ONLY receive injections that made her loopy or did other things happen? Did they perhaps do other research on her. Scientifically speaking it would be interesting to compare the differences in offshore pregnant women vs. the data on many island women deaths.
The previews for next week look awesome, but like past previews, the juiciest pieces we were shown won't happen until the final episode, and even then they have to hook us for next season. If they don't show us what happens to both Ben and Locke's father by the end of the season, I'm boycotting the show. Ok, probably not, but I'll seriously consider it. That is my only true hatred of the show, that the previews they show are not just for the next week, but sometimes a long ways off. That's all for now. There may be some edits as I discuss this with my fellow Lost e-nerds.
you're not boycotting shiiiiiiit :D
I don't think we've had a charlie flashback, but the front end of the season was so long ago maybe we did. Yes he was in Desmond's flashback, but that doesn't count.
A couple of people haven't been in the season that much. What ever happened to Rose and Bernard?
A couple of people haven't been in the season that much. What ever happened to Rose and Bernard?
those two had no where to go. total fluff characters...I for one am glad they're not around.
those two had no where to go. total fluff characters...I for one am glad they're not around.
I think Rose was kind of important. She didn't have cancer on this island-it draws similarities to how Locke can walk on this island and how the pregnant women die. The island does strange medical things and Rose showed one of these strange occurances.Also, they were just nice characters-kind of like Hurley.
I think Rose was kind of important. She didn't have cancer on this island-it draws similarities to how Locke can walk on this island and how the pregnant women die. The island does strange medical things and Rose showed one of these strange occurances.Also, they were just nice characters-kind of like Hurley.
but that's just it. she did her thing now what? I kind've liked the idea of the characters until they found each other and then I couldn't stand them. "annoying" is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of either character. they add no mystery and don't contribute anything unique to the Losties.
"annoying" is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of this entire season.
I enjoy the episodes as I am watching them and the minute they are over I'm pissed off because nothing gets answered and most times new questions come up. I/We have a lot invested in the show and I know I would really like some answers to just keep me interested because the longer it goes without getting anything out of it the more pissed off I get.
I enjoy the episodes as I am watching them and the minute they are over I'm pissed off because nothing gets answered and most times new questions come up. I/We have a lot invested in the show and I know I would really like some answers to just keep me interested because the longer it goes without getting anything out of it the more pissed off I get.
oh man, next time at least throw in a "fyp" on the adjusted quote...haha, I started to think I went crazy. I'm like, "I didn't write that did I?!?"
oh man, next time at least throw in a "fyp" on the adjusted quote...haha, I started to think I went crazy. I'm like, "I didn't write that did I?!?"
My bad. It was just so convenient I had to do it.