I Called In Sick Today

I should have been more clear. I actually don't particularly care who you are (or aren't). Whether you're yet another incarnation of someone I know or a random new poster, all that matters is that I was entertained.

I had something else to say, but your response distracted me.

And I should have been clearer, as well. I meant the "mild preoccupation around here that everyone here is Batman" comment to be more general than specific. It was more of a "now that we're on the subject" type comment. I'm also very, very drunk, which I hope explains how I kinda transitioned from a comment directed at you so quickly to one directed into the aether. Hopefully it also explains my use of the word aether.

There is an obese orange cat on my lap.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Fraut, as crude as Speedz's answer was, it was kind of true. I was udating the feed 4 times an hour or more, and I hated everythng I was reading. It was a sick cycle. I really went cold turkey. I just found something else, in my case, Twitter. Lots to read on there and you select the content.

All of the right wing crazies ( no offense adam) and gun nuts made it easy to avoid it. Now I just go on when I'm out drinking.

one of my coworkers, some 23 year old guy from the same program I took, seems to have similar interests. I told him I was thinking about doing a coding class, offered him the chance to do it in tandem and bounce ideas, whatever. he starts lecturing me about how learning to code to try to trade is a fantasy, that everyone else has tried what I'm trying, yadda yadda. basically insinuating that he knows best about finance I guess, starts ****ing recommending reading material for me. the most ridiculous condescending mess I've ever heard.

put me in an awful mood. literally was unable to stop raging last night when I got home. did not eat anything last night, which means I am still pretty much at the same anger level right now.

had a total of three conversations yesterday:

the one I described above

one with the guy who traded starting in 08 and quit a year later to code video games. he pretty much convinced me I couldn't make it in, though he wasn't trying to do that

a 23 year old kid who randomly starts talking about his starting pay as a coder, his hot, successful girlfriend, etc.

I just kind of turned off the computer and went to bed at like 7pm. fully oscillated back to the 'things are not ever getting better' mindset.

Maybe the reason you're so angry is because you know he's partially right, hmm? Hitting a little close to home perhaps???

On our long range schedule for the year the only time I'm not committed anywhere is two weeks in June which makes me think I should take one of those weeks off. Problem is I have no idea what id do other than hang out at home. Maybe go to KCity or MPLS and catch a game. Idk. But, I need to decide asap so I can get in my PTO request form.

I'm upset because I let myself feel upbeat about a situation that pretty obviously won't improve. the repeated letdowns, it's not like I haven't been here and done this several times in the last few years.

hope really just needs to go **** itself.

sorry, I'm done posting here today.

Sorry Strat, I was making a joke. Not trying to make you feel worse.

And shake, id take one week at most. Can't give them that much time to realize I'm worthless and fire me.

Bought a bunch of supplements last night. Some thermo, some vitamins, some creatine, and some post workout stuff. I'm gonna get super ripped or take 10 years off my already short life expectancy. Maybe both.

I'm upset because I let myself feel upbeat about a situation that pretty obviously won't improve. the repeated letdowns, it's not like I haven't been here and done this several times in the last few years.

hope really just needs to go **** itself.

sorry, I'm done posting here today.

Dammit, Strat. Screw the haters. The people that come out on top are the ones that drown the noise out with #winning.

Also, read "Winning" by Jack Welch.

• Like 1

Brvy, gulp, is right.

All the big wigs in town today. The owners, COO, VP etc... so I get to meet up with the rest of my District Manager brethren and give a presentation

on my districts financial performance the first 4 months of the year. Thankfully the numbers are good so that helps but really not looking forward to

this.