Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Like this group starts last June and I'm one of three people at my level chosen to work. I am there trough October when I leave. This person, who can now tell me what to do was brought in sometime in October and began working. He has no education or experience that I do not. So I don't goddamn understand how this happened. And not only that I applied for the job and they wouldn't let interview. I wonder how they expected me to take that. I really do.

yeah. not completely the same as my situation, but kinda similar to what happened in my old group. completely change how a job is done, they subsequently pick an outsider to oversee my doing of said job. did you expect I would stay...?

I would just like to mention that mk, on two separate occasions in the same email chain, responded 2+ weeks later with "I swear I will respond to you today"

"It’s a bit like that situation at a dinner party where there’s a silence, and suddenly, the silence gets longer, and as it gets longer, nobody knows how to break it, because you can’t say something trivial. You know what I mean? You have to say something momentous."

Been here four hours and they've said nothing to me. No work given. No instructions is any kind. And if they think I give a damn about getting paid to do nothing they can think again. I'll sit here for a week before I ask for work to do.

Never in my life have I even considered the fact that Florida has shorter days than us in the summer. That is a weird thing to just be thinking about. It's rare in the mid-summer when it's not light out until almost 10, and it's blowing my mind a little bit that Mexico thought 9 was late. Weird.

SA, have you considered not being a lazy sonofabitch and asking somebody for some work?

Be a go-getter. Show some initiative. I think we now know why you didn't get that promotion

• Like 1

Been here four hours and they've said nothing to me. No work given. No instructions is any kind. And if they think I give a damn about getting paid to do nothing they can think again. I'll sit here for a week before I ask for work to do.

man I can't figure out for the life of me why they didn't promote you

• Like 5

"It’s a bit like that situation at a dinner party where there’s a silence, and suddenly, the silence gets longer, and as it gets longer, nobody knows how to break it, because you can’t say something trivial. You know what I mean? You have to say something momentous."

Bringing this thread back to its roots, in HS I was once left alone by the campfire with a girl who I had a crush on. I tried mightily to think of something impressive to say. Then something witty to say. Then something clever to say. Then something coherent to say. Then something to say. Then anything to say. Soon (and by soon, I mean about 20 minutes later) I realized this had been a very long, awkward silence, and I was unwilling to break it. In my panic I failed to realize that she was probably in a very similar boat to me and was no doubt crushing hard on me but afraid to say the wrong thing. Poor girl.

Finally about 30 minutes later people returned to the fire and she gratefully resumed speaking with other people. I slunk off to become a barely employed lawyer in Kansas somewhere or something.

• Like 1

Never in my life have I even considered the fact that Florida has shorter days than us in the summer. That is a weird thing to just be thinking about. It's rare in the mid-summer when it's not light out until almost 10, and it's blowing my mind a little bit that Mexico thought 9 was late. Weird.

I live on the very western edge of a timezone - that makes a big difference as well. A few miles further west and it's an hour earlier when it gets dark.

• Like 1

Finally about 30 minutes later people returned to the fire and she gratefully resumed speaking with other people. I slunk off to become a barely employed lawyer in Kansas somewhere or something.

I spoke more with that girl in that 30 minutes than I do with the girl i currently call my girlfriend

Brvy, you're telling me you can step outside of your place at 9:00pm and have a catch with your child, and see clearly?

Thats of course making the leap that you would actually spend any time with your children

• Like 2

Brvy, you're telling me you can step outside of your place at 9:00pm and have a catch with your child, and see clearly?

"Hey.......Dad? D'ywanna have a catch?"

• Like 2

That attitude is a direct result of this nonsense. I was a model employee before, as far as they knew. I closed more files than all the other people on my level combined. And yet I get passed by? Why would I continue to give a shit?

That attitude is a direct result of this nonsense. I was a model employee before, as far as they knew. I closed more files than all the other people on my level combined. And yet I get passed by? Why would I continue to give a shit?

yeah. I don't blame you at all. I just stopped volunteering for the work nobody else was picking up on a daily basis. I'm sure an experienced manager knows that this will happen whenever they have to pick a winner. not saying it's right, but at some point you can't escape feeling like continuing to try really hard is you making a fool out of yourself.

SA, have you considered not being a lazy sonofabitch and asking somebody for some work?

Be a go-getter. Show some initiative. I think we now know why you didn't get that promotion

This

I'll do my work and I'll do it well, but I'm not getting on my knees and begging for a dong to the face.

Sigh.

Guaranteed you made brv tear up. Welcome back.

Brvs not the only one.

Alaska in the summer is nuts, It really actually never gets dark. It just turns to dusk for 4-6 hours.

Conversely in Hawaii sun set and sunrise are pretty much the same all year.