Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Nominees?DOGjesus_Saint Peterl
Hi Pactinfo2FYPRegardsDOG
Sorry had to do it Sir. Info Bob emailed me.
I'm about to ban all your sorry asses. Watch your step bitches!
Try it tough guy.
Stop with the joke accts./jeffstratrant
go bang the gf
(18:16:06) Bizzle: i got my mansion mobney(18:16:26) StratsBro: you get hit with a fee?(18:16:34) StratsBro: my bank took $7(18:16:41) StratsBro: wire transfer fee(18:16:48) StratsBro: gd jews(18:16:57) Bizzle: lol(18:17:04) StratsBro: oh sorry, didnt mean to offend your people(18:18:03) StratsBro: k@emeremarale193!%$%lenjew(18:18:09) Bizzle: fool
It is very strange that I still find this amusing.
i didn't know that you were into phish
I'm not. At all. But for some reason that song was in my head and I used it as an example. Pretty weird choice, huh?
5 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)4 Members: jeff_536, Naked_Cowboy, GWCGWC, Shimmering WangAnd just where were you tonight???
You're a cunt.Anybody wanna teach me how to play good Omaha/8? I've decided to learn.Wang
Anybody wanna teach me how to play good Omaha/8? I've decided to learn.Wang
Ask Speedz, he claims to have made millions, if not billions, at it.cue Speedz to say he's surprised the posting bots are able to keep their alter egos straight. Or should that be sad they're straight?
You're a cunt.Wang
Watchit sucka!I be throin dis here purst up sidda yo head fer talkin likes dat to a lady!You ole heathin
Ask Speedz, he claims to have made billions, if not millions at it.cue Speedz to say he's surprised the posting bots are able to keep their alter egos straight. Or should that be sad they're straight?
Ask Speedz, he claims to have made millions, if not billions, at it.cue Speedz to say he's surprised the posting bots are able to keep their alter egos straight. Or should that be sad they're straight?
Hey. Speedz. You wanna teach me how to play good Omaha/8? I deal it all day when I work, and the other room I work at is spreading it now, too. I've played two sessions, and because I'm not retarded I think I can beat the game when the ultra loose players are gambling by just playing better hands, but I know I'm missing bets and chances to thin the field all over the place. In short, I think I'm pretty bad postflop. Wang
Watchit sucka!I be throin dis here purst up sidda yo head fer talkin likes dat to a lady!You ole heathin
You got any tatoos? IQCrash would probably find you arousing!
Yeah, that's not going to look suspicious when Thom Yorke shows up and nuts a 36 on the test.
cross post eval
THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!!
Hey. Speedz. You wanna teach me how to play good Omaha/8? I deal it all day when I work, and the other room I work at is spreading it now, too. I've played two sessions, and because I'm not retarded I think I can beat the game when the ultra loose players are gambling by just playing better hands, but I know I'm missing bets and chances to thin the field all over the place. In short, I think I'm pretty bad postflop. Wang
Yeah, he doesn't catch up.
I don't know that much about O/8.However, what you want is hands that work well both for a high and a low, because the goal is to scoop pots, not just chop. The best hands are AA with low cards (preferrably a 2 or 3), Suited Aces with a low card, high suited connectors (wrap hands) can also do well because if you hit the high you will take that whole half and likely suck in multiple people with the nut low. Also, you win the whole pot if there is no low available. Just play very tight, wait for the nuts, and bet the hell out of your hand.
cross post evalYeah, he doesn't catch up.
Thom Yorke's ACT booklet would be pretty scary. Drawings of minotaurs, and phrases like "the sun is burning burning burning the children" would be written all over the margins...Wang

Does anyone know if there's such a thing as free unfiltered access to Usenet and Newsgroups? If so, got a link?I used to have a link, but that was years ago and I don't remember what it was now (probably a pay service by now anyway). Thanks

I don't know that much about O/8.However, what you want is hands that work well both for a high and a low, because the goal is to scoop pots, not just chop. The best hands are AA with low cards (preferrably a 2 or 3), Suited Aces with a low card, high suited connectors (wrap hands) can also do well because if you hit the high you will take that whole half and likely suck in multiple people with the nut low. Also, you win the whole pot if there is no low available. Just play very tight, wait for the nuts, and bet the hell out of your hand.
Thanks, Zimmer, but that was easily the most condescending advice I've ever received. You know I've played like 2 million hands of poker in my life, right? And that I'm not retarded? My favorite part was "Also, you win the whole pot if there is no low available." Thanks. I wasn't sure if the hand was redealt or what...Wang
THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE
Yeah, I realize that now. See I was under the impression that that's how it's been said all this time because to me it's infintly funnier this way "billlions, if not millions". Sorry.Ira
Thanks, Zimmer, but that was easily the most condescending advice I've ever received. You know I've played like 2 million hands of poker in my life, right? And that I'm not retarded? My favorite part was "Also, you win the whole pot if there is no low available." Thanks. I wasn't sure if the hand was redealt or what...Wang
Not even a little?
Sorry, I think I just memorized the beginning of the O/8 section of Super System II and basically regurgitated that.If you're looking for much more advanced advice than I gave, then I can't really help you.

Rockets 111, Celtics 80.I didn't have to pay for parking because I bet my friend the Celts would lose by at least 15 sometime during the 3rd quarter. That was the highlight of my evening.Actually the highlight was trying Blue Moon's Spring Ale. For anyone that likes limey-beers, definitely try to find this. I've never had anything like it; it's made with lime leaves and crazy shit, but it was really delicious.

Sorry, I think I just memorized the beginning of the O/8 section of Super System II and basically regurgitated that.If you're looking for much more advanced advice than I gave, then I can't really help you.
Yeah, I was just joshin' ya'. I'm decent enough at poker to figure out the basics- such as the rules- and some strategy. I just need to learn which hands I can open up with in a looser game, and a little about promoting mediocre hands/draws with bets/raises after the flop.Wang
To be fair, that little bit of condecending advice is all you really need in low-limit O8 games. I played that basic strategy all the way to an O8 MTT FT once (300+ participants). Most people who play that game *are* functionally retarded. Unfortunately, I suck at teaching people how to do things, so I've got nuthin else to add. Mattyspeedz plays O8 pretty well, but you're probably better off reading a book or 3 for the mid-level+ strategy. I wouldn't recommend the O8 section in SS2, it's pretty basic and very dumbed down.