I Called In Sick Today

If your plan offers company stock, don't put too much there as you don't want all your eggs in one basket in case your company goes into the toilet (e.g. Enron)
One of my uncles lost $500k with Ford using this method. Gobears speaks the truth.I took a few pictures of my room with my roommate's camera, but as bizzle put it, they give my room a nice cave look--the camera has no flash. I bought a disposable camera tonight so I can show you all what I've been spamming the thread about for the last few weeks. I know you're very interested in seeing my gay paradise.At least it isn't a tiki theme.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

i'm te only person reading this fucking rhead. well, expect fore the fucktard who doesn't want to come forward and accoune them selves as mr or mrs anaon. which is lame in of itself. man, this wine hit me fucking ahrd. yea, I'm speling in swedish now, go fuck urselves,. its teh norhtern great lakes quasi launguea, that s it, sorta. If u go up to door county(hey, I spelled that right,a dn got this sentance off right til the last part, so fuck it) there are tons of placs that have awctual swedish writing and langueage writeen on boxes and what not. Its weird cause its in fucking wisconsin of all placs, but yert the rural areas have some hawwt farm chicas. THe cheddar is pretty good too. man , i need a girl to fuck right now, this blows

i'm te only person reading this fucking rhead. well, expect fore the fucktard who doesn't want to come forward and accoune them selves as mr or mrs anaon. which is lame in of itself. man, this wine hit me fucking ahrd. yea, I'm speling in swedish now, go fuck urselves,. its teh norhtern great lakes quasi launguea, that s it, sorta. If u go up to door county(hey, I spelled that right,a dn got this sentance off right til the last part, so fuck it) there are tons of placs that have awctual swedish writing and langueage writeen on boxes and what not. Its weird cause its in fucking wisconsin of all placs, but yert the rural areas have some hawwt farm chicas. THe cheddar is pretty good too. man , i need a girl to fuck right now, this blows
BAN
man , i need a girl to fuck right now, this blows
Are you drunk enough to believe I'm a girl?Also, I miss the funny title for the hideout. Discuss amongst yourselves and come up with another one. Thank you.
MK: how dumb was I to put all of my 401k savings into one Vanguard growth fund (80+% stocks, rest bonds)? On the one hand, I've got at least 40 years till I'm withdrawing the money, so its nice and long-term. On the other hand, I play poker, how much more variance do I need?
also, would he not be better off just throwing it all in index funds? or for the risk-adverse, index funds + some pussy low-risk investment.
At your age, you want to put your money into stock funds - in the long run, the stock market's rate of return significantly beats other investment vehicles in a 401k like bonds, cd's. Your 401k plan should offer various fund options though - I typically pick five and spread 20% into each one to reduce some of the variance (e.g. value, growth, international, small cap growth, maybe a small cap blend) If your plan offers company stock, don't put too much there as you don't want all your eggs in one basket in case your company goes into the toilet (e.g. Enron)
Disclaimer: accountant giving investment advice. That being said, I think based on what I know and have read, if you have 40 years, the best approach is to have everything go toward very aggressive funds now, and spread it across a couple for diversifications sake (I like gobears choices, minus the value funds). Short-term variance may be hell, but long run you'll earn more. Then as you get closer to retirement age, start phasing out of the crazy stuff and in to more predictable vehicles (bonds, etc.). You investment kids let me know if I'm ruining my future, please.
drunken soliloquoy.
God bless alcohol.Ugh, I have to go to UVA today for on-campus interviews for work. I'm going to let two of the preppy bastages slide, but the third popped collar I see is getting throttled in the ear.
i love how we pretend this thread isn't read by tons of random people, and just discuss the most embarassing shit about ourselves. i think that's why me and zim don't get laid, because we're too honest. i'm going to tell the next fat chick i see that no, she does look great, and you can barely see that mustard stain.
what, you think the rest of us are just really good looking? this is how you do it man. hell, I couldn't get laid with a deformed leper without a whole lot of little lying
nicely done.
MK: how dumb was I to put all of my 401k savings into one Vanguard growth fund (80+% stocks, rest bonds)? On the one hand, I've got at least 40 years till I'm withdrawing the money, so its nice and long-term. On the other hand, I play poker, how much more variance do I need?
gobears answered pretty much how i would've, i.e. diversification is key. i'd never have 80% of my retirement fund in one type of fund or one class. i have a balance of small-cap, blue chip, growth, foreign, commodities, and a healthy amount of low-risk stuff (bonds). having said that, i'm not really the best guy to ask because imo we're all just polishing the brass on the titanic. by the time we retire all our assets might be owned by Shanghai.but with retirement $, you shouldn't be looking to hit a home run, you should be looking to build a nest egg and preserve what you've earned. if you want to hit home runs, take out non-retirement $ that you're willing to lose and invest in some higher risk stuff. like poker. heh. i laugh at people who are like "how can i be losing money on my IRA??" and then you ask them where the $ is going and they have nfc. and it's like "well, stocks don't always go up."
Look for cindy on the second page of this thread(as long as my 2p2 settings stay the same). i guess now she's moved onto trying to get with neverwin and dandruff
this might help, I thought it was pretty funny. Page 14
Nope. I suck but I play. Mostly I just suck.
Playing while you suck is key. Always mind the stepchildren.
i'm going to tell the next fat chick i see that no, she does look great, and you can barely see that mustard stain.
Dog bless you young man. The secrets to the universe have finally been unveiled to you.

Happiness is - A 30Gb MP3 playerI've been hammering music into this thing for two days straight, and I still have 25 gigs of space left. Went to Turning Stone yesterday, bought into the only NL game going (1/2) for the max, $100, and got up about 2 hours later with over $500. I love how soft that game is, I'd play everyday if not for the 4 hours of driving. After that, I played the $65 NL tournament they were running. I was chosen as a bounty (not because I'm good or anything, just luck of the draw) which meant whoever knocked me out would get $50 in cash. The tournament itself was a joke, so many piss poor players that it threw me off a little. I was at a table with a 90 year old man (no exaggeration, he was at least that old) who was simply impossible to bet off a pair...any pair. I learned this lesson the hard way when I tried to move him off what I knew was middle pair with a straight and a flush on the board. Massive overbet, he called, I had nuthin, oh well. Got all those chips back and then some when I rivered the nut flush against a guy with AA and a guy with JJ to triple my stack, then the following hand came up after the 1st hour break:I was on the button with AKos, 4 limpers ahead of me and the blinds still to act. 100/200 blinds, I raised it up to 700. The small blind (short stack) went all in for another 200 or so, and all the limpers called both raises. I still don't know why I didn't jam right there, but I just called to see a flop. Flop came A-J-10 rainbow, checked to me and I pushed all-in for about 3000, which was a pot-sized bet at this point. Old man river called and a girl at the end of the table called as well. Turn was a 7, river was another 10. I knew I was dead in the water, no question about it. The old man called my all-in after the flop with pocket 7's, then turned a set and rivered a full house. The small blind had pushed with KJ, and the girl called my all-in with AQos. GG me, oh well. Still a +$400 day at the tables, so not bad at all. Like I said, I'd be there every day if I didn't have to drive 4 hours round trip. I just wish I could manage to play that well online, but for some reason I just suck at online poker.

At your age, you want to put your money into stock funds - in the long run, the stock market's rate of return significantly beats other investment vehicles in a 401k like bonds, cd's. Your 401k plan should offer various fund options though - I typically pick five and spread 20% into each one to reduce some of the variance (e.g. value, growth, international, small cap growth, maybe a small cap blend) If your plan offers company stock, don't put too much there as you don't want all your eggs in one basket in case your company goes into the toilet (e.g. Enron)
I have my 401K spread across the stock funds that are our options including the international stock. People keep telling me I'm crazy, that a long term slow earn is better than the variance of stock. Bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush kind of mentality. For now, I'm young enough I feel comfortable chasing the 2 in the bush. At what point do you need to actually move it to something more stable? 5 years from retirement or longer?
This has got to be quoted for posterity. I :hart: drunk Barbie.
At what point do you need to actually move it to something more stable? 5 years from retirement or longer?
standard investment advisor would say take your age minus 100, invest that percentage in stocks, the rest in low-risk assets (for an investment portfolio, not necessarily an ira). an ira should be somewhat more conservative.
yuckers.
Wow, you're right. I have no idea what I was doing there. I must have thought we were still at 50/100 or something, that was pretty bad. Should have made it around 1200 to go, although at this table I really doubt it would have made a difference in the end result.
rofl. wtf is she doing there?
Cindy likes to be around people who are "big fish in small ponds" so to speak. She gravitates towards fame even if it is just internet fame. Her pond is mostly NWP now not FCP. Druff and Neverwin knew she was coming to Vegas so they invited her to hang out.In Cindy's defense (I know that's a shocker but I'm not always a total bitch) because I know a lot of people are ragging on her for those pics, she really is much more attractive than those pictures portray. She's a very pretty girl and those are pretty unflattering pics of her.
tug's comment below this pic was....
So the chick wearing the aluminum siding as a top is the one you are all going crazy over? Wow. You're not nearly the ballas that I thought you were.EDIT: BTW her extra chins called and want to put in a lunch order.
Playing while you suck is key. Always mind the stepchildren.
Geez, what kind of multi-tasking skills does that take? I don't have enough braincells left to remember the children.
standard investment advisor would say take your age minus 100, invest that percentage in stocks, the rest in low-risk assets (for an investment portfolio, not necessarily an ira). an ira should be somewhat more conservative.
So how often do you change that percentage? Seems silly to me to put 65% in stock now then 64% next year.I'm assuming adjust it every 5 years?
So how often do you change that percentage? Seems silly to me to put 65% in stock now then 64% next year.I'm assuming adjust it every 5 years?
sure, whenever you want. just a decent rule of thumb for where to start.