When To Call It A Day

I can be considered as a new player i have been playing for 2-3 months now.I am reading these forum everyday and trying to learn new stuff and improve my game.But there is one thing i can't surely decide:When to quit a season.Should i set a money limit to myself before starting the season like "If i am -+20BB i quit"Or should i set a time limit?how do you know that its the right time to stop playing for that day?When i am winning i don't feel like quiting cus i wanna win moreWhen i am losing i dont wanna quit cus i want to recoverI think this is more about bankroll management.This is my first post so i d like to listen any idea and opinions.Cheers.

I can be considered as a new player i have been playing for 2-3 months now.I am reading these forum everyday and trying to learn new stuff and improve my game.But there is one thing i can't surely decide:When to quit a season.Should i set a money limit to myself before starting the season like "If i am -+20BB i quit"Or should i set a time limit?how do you know that its the right time to stop playing for that day?When i am winning i don't feel like quiting cus i wanna win moreWhen i am losing i dont wanna quit cus i want to recoverI think this is more about bankroll management.This is my first post so i d like to listen any idea and opinions.Cheers.
Always set a time limit.Think of it as a work day, and play for 2 or 4 or 8 hours, and whatever u decided on that day, stick with it.

In theory, it really doesn't matter what your limits are. If you can continue to play your 'A' game, and you are a winning player then it doesn't matter.In reality however, most people start to play differently when they end up down a ton, or even up a ton.I've heard DN say to set a time limit, so that seems like a good idea to me too, but a lot of people set a 30 BB loss limit.- Zach

Quit if you start a tilt too. Most people think about tilt in terms of steaming but "happy tilt" is just as dangerous. If you scoop a monster pot or score a huge MTT win, your adrenaline and emotions, however positive, may interfere with your good judgment.

You play until you feel you can no longer beat the game you are in, whether its after 5 minutes or 5 hours. Don't like the table, change tables. Don't like your alertness, take a nap, or go to sleep, start fresh later.

You play until you feel you can no longer beat the game you are in, whether its after 5 minutes or 5 hours. Don't like the table, change tables. Don't like your alertness, take a nap, or go to sleep, start fresh later.
You should always feel like you can beat the game, if not, drop limits

It's catch 22. Ideally, if you're in a good game, AND are playing well. You don't want to be limited by stop gaps, OR time restraints.However, If your either playing poorly, or in a bad game you're likely unable to distinguish wether or not you should continue playing.That's why stop gap, or time limits were invented by some really perceptive people who understand human nature.Ultimately it's up to you. You need to determine when it's right to end your session. Wether that be method or judgment. Personally I hate methods to determine the fate of my session. Poker is a game in which your success is ultimately determined by your judgements, and choosing to end your sessions mechanicaly is like a crutch. So you don't need to use your judgement on that aspect of the game.

it all depends on the game, if the game is good and you really believe you can beat it then keep playing. I would however reccomend setting aside an amount of time you are going to play a day/week and if you are running bad take a break

I dont use a time limit at all cause if i'm winning or i have gotten unlucky in a few pots i wont stop, especially if i have nothing to do besides play.I will stop playing when i get sleepy, i may be unique in this manner in that its very noticable to me when i'm starting to get sleepy, if i'm getting noticabley tired between hands i just stop right there.I'd like to say that if i'm playing bad i stop playing but honestly i dont do that.guidlines for quitting for me are if i'm tired, and if i'm off my game. and i know i'm off my game if i start to have higher expectations for hitting flops and getting hands.EX. if i have been playing awhile and i have 55 and dont flop a set and start thinking to myslef " i'm so unlucky i haven't flopped a set in days blah blah blah i cant even catch AQ preflop blah blah" well then i know i'm off my game and its time to quithope that helped.