On WPT Mike and Vince keep talkign about how all the top pros suggest betting out flopped sets/trips. That's one of the easiest reads to make and now all the donks watching this are going to start leading out.

On WPT Mike and Vince keep talkign about how all the top pros suggest betting out flopped sets/trips. That's one of the easiest reads to make and now all the donks watching this are going to start leading out.
i do
the donkeys dont care, true donkeys never believe they're wrong

please explain sets i slow play unless i know i'm playing a maniac or the pot is huge pre flop but trips i lead out utg because everyone always thinks you are stealing

please explain sets i slow play unless i know i'm playing a maniac or the pot is huge pre flop but trips i lead out utg because everyone always thinks you are stealing
Maybe the games I play in are just that easy but I can find the trips at the table by the turn every time. The always check the flop and then look up.
i do
me to its hard for donkeys to understand this one...donks are all ways looking to trap well certain breeds of donkeys. I think they hail from the land of only reading play like the pros.
me to its hard for donkeys to understand this one...donks are all ways looking to trap well certain breeds of donkeys. I think they hail from the land of only reading play like the pros.
yeah i bet it out especially if theres a flush or straight draw. I play mostly in in microlimits online and most people chase their longshots and hit occastionally unless i push them out...its a gamble cause someties i dont make that much value from flopping a high set or whatever.
yeah i bet it out especially if theres a flush or straight draw. I play mostly in in microlimits online and most people chase their longshots and hit occastionally unless i push them out...its a gamble cause someties i dont make that much value from flopping a high set or whatever.
Me too. Donks are calling with Top pair, Any flush draw or OESD. I think you make more money making it expensive to show down top pair and for drawing then you do by trying to trap.
Me too. Donks are calling with Top pair, Any flush draw or OESD. I think you make more money making it expensive to show down top pair and for drawing then you do by trying to trap.
Really? I thought it was best to play according to the player you're against. If he is a lag and will keep calling than this is true, however if he does little calling and mostly betting or raising this would be incorrect, as you will often force him out.maybe im wrong though
Really? I thought it was best to play according to the player you're against. If he is a lag and will keep calling than this is true, however if he does little calling and mostly betting or raising this would be incorrect, as you will often force him out.maybe im wrong though
LAG's are almost always raising. LPP's are your calling stations.

Why not slow play a set?:1. Describe a flop in which no harmful card can come on the turn.2. There's only a handful of situations in which your opponent will call/raise... top pair, a draw, two pair, a bluff3. Leading out especially to a lowball flop invites a raise.4. How many cards can come on the turn that help your opponent's hand while still keeping your hand the best? Not many. Seriously... maybe on a flop like 3 K 8 rainbow could you slow play a set, but otherwise you're just throwing money away.Donks, continue to slow play.Those who like money (and now hate Mike), continue betting them out.

LAG's are almost always raising. LPP's are your calling stations.
oops, my mistake, thanks for the correction.Point still stands though. A donkey is a term for someone who plays poorly, not a label for people who call with top pair, OESD, etc. Also even if you do bet out, if you are not betting enough, it is not necessarily incorrect for them to call with certain draws

let me clarify one thing...Betting out big hands only really becomes profitable if you have the image to back it up. You don't even need to get got bluffing, people just need to notice that you bet a lot.If you are tight and you are betting out, people are going to believe you making the play not profitable.I play a ton of short-handed games and therefore I am aggressive which makes for perfect grounds for betting out large hands. I often get angry players who are bad, re-raising me when they're drawing dead. Plus Eee Vee.

let me clarify one thing...Betting out big hands only really becomes profitable if you have the image to back it up. You don't even need to get got bluffing, people just need to notice that you bet a lot.If you are tight and you are betting out, people are going to believe you making the play not profitable.I play a ton of short-handed games and therefore I am aggressive which makes for perfect grounds for betting out large hands. I often get angry players who are bad, re-raising me when they're drawing dead. Plus Eee Vee.
Especially if you play "small ball" poker, where you will tend to bet out on the flop almost no matter what. These are exactly the situations that Gavin Smith wants to get people in. I know there was a thread yesterday on small ball poker, with a link to a post in the strat forum which has one of Gavin's "Lessonss from the Pros" on exactly this approach.Since we see so few hands on WPT broadcasts, we could have missed the previous 10 hands where Gavin led out on the flop only to fold to a raise. Of course, as the OP mentioned, beginning players may start adopting this, but this will get them in trouble more often than not. Additionally, any strong or experienced player should easily adapt to this, especially when being attempted by a weaker player.