2/4 nl hand, don't move just yet

Full Tilt Poker Game #443571252: Table Plumas (6 max) - $2/$4 - No Limit Hold'em - 17:37:30 ET - 2006/02/16Seat 1: tmrshark ($317.30)Seat 2: bigv66 ($111.90)Seat 3: Slyfox911 ($153.40)Seat 4: kamal ($138.20)Seat 5: GrinderMJ ($378)Seat 6: bobbysteels1 ($1,235.65)kamal posts the small blind of $2GrinderMJ posts the big blind of $4The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to GrinderMJ bobbysteels1 foldstmrshark raises to $8bigv66 foldskamal calls $6GrinderMJ calls $4*** FLOP *** [6h 2d 5s]kamal checksGrinderMJ checkstmrshark bets $8kamal calls $8GrinderMJ raises to $32tmrshark calls $24kamal folds*** TURN *** [6h 2d 5s] [7c]GrinderMJ bets $60tmrshark raises to $277.30, and is all inVillian is aggressive, tricky, second best player at the table methinks(I am not the best, probly third). What hand do you put me on this hand if you are the villain? What do you put the villain on if you are me, and what is the minimum hand you call this push with? Leave this in general for like a half hour, then move it where it belongs

There's two options, you could have called with some suited connectors hoping for implied odds, but your check raise leans me more towards thinking you had 55 or 66.It's pretty hard to put the villan on anything but a set as well, or an overpair. Neither of you really look like you were hunting for a straight.Ray

I have you on a set of 6s or 5s, I have him on over pairs QQ KK AA or even AKs AQ. I think his raise preflop was to buy the button, so with that said he could also be holding 56 89 or something similar. or 22!

Nobody thinks that his push is a set? Nobody thinks his raise is air, he instacalled my raise on the flop if that helps
Dude? Wtf? No love for me?I said "It's pretty hard to put the villan on anything but a set as well, or an overpair."Ray

ok, I see that his range of hands was far too likely to beat my hand, and that I made a poor, losing call. It worked out here, but obviously not correct long run. When he smooth called my flop check raise and didn't push, I eliminated overpairs and put him on a hand like ak or aq which I have dominated. Then i realized he min raised preflop so I changed his line of hands to more like qj suited, kq suited, kj suited and the like. I felt his insta call on the flop was because he thought i was bluffing, and wanted to peel one off. I know it was a bad call, adn that my NL cash game needs work at times, but feel free to call me a moron, because I played the hand poorly. Full Tilt Poker Game #443571252: Table Plumas (6 max) - $2/$4 - No Limit Hold'em - 17:37:30 ET - 2006/02/16Seat 1: tmrshark ($317.30)Seat 2: bigv66 ($111.90)Seat 3: Slyfox911 ($153.40)Seat 4: kamal ($138.20)Seat 5: GrinderMJ ($378)Seat 6: bobbysteels1 ($1,235.65)kamal posts the small blind of $2GrinderMJ posts the big blind of $4The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to GrinderMJ [5d Ad]bobbysteels1 foldstmrshark raises to $8bigv66 foldskamal calls $6GrinderMJ calls $4*** FLOP *** [6h 2d 5s]kamal checksGrinderMJ checkstmrshark bets $8kamal calls $8GrinderMJ raises to $32tmrshark calls $24kamal folds*** TURN *** [6h 2d 5s] [7c]GrinderMJ bets $60tmrshark raises to $277.30, and is all inGrinderMJ calls $217.30tmrshark shows [Kh Jh]GrinderMJ shows [5d Ad]*** RIVER *** [6h 2d 5s 7c] [Qc]tmrshark shows King Queen highGrinderMJ shows a pair of FivesGrinderMJ wins the pot ($648.60) with a pair of Fivestmrshark stands up*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $650.60 | Rake $2Board: [6h 2d 5s 7c Qc]Seat 1: tmrshark showed [Kh Jh] and lost with King Queen highSeat 2: bigv66 (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: Slyfox911 is sitting outSeat 4: kamal (small blind) folded on the FlopSeat 5: GrinderMJ (big blind) showed [5d Ad] and won ($648.60) with a pair of FivesSeat 6: bobbysteels1 didn't bet (folded)

ok, I see that his range of hands was far too likely to beat my hand, and that I made a poor, losing call. It worked out here, but obviously not correct long run. When he smooth called my flop check raise and didn't push, I eliminated overpairs and put him on a hand like ak or aq which I have dominated. Then i realized he min raised preflop so I changed his line of hands to more like qj suited, kq suited, kj suited and the like. I felt his insta call on the flop was because he thought i was bluffing, and wanted to peel one off. I know it was a bad call, adn that my NL cash game needs work at times, but feel free to call me a moron, because I played the hand poorly.  Full Tilt Poker Game #443571252: Table Plumas (6 max) - $2/$4 - No Limit Hold'em - 17:37:30 ET - 2006/02/16Seat 1: tmrshark ($317.30)Seat 2: bigv66 ($111.90)Seat 3: Slyfox911 ($153.40)Seat 4: kamal ($138.20)Seat 5: GrinderMJ ($378)Seat 6: bobbysteels1 ($1,235.65)kamal posts the small blind of $2GrinderMJ posts the big blind of $4The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to GrinderMJ [5d Ad]bobbysteels1 foldstmrshark raises to $8bigv66 foldskamal calls $6GrinderMJ calls $4*** FLOP *** [6h 2d 5s]kamal checksGrinderMJ checkstmrshark bets $8kamal calls $8GrinderMJ raises to $32tmrshark calls $24kamal folds*** TURN *** [6h 2d 5s] [7c]GrinderMJ bets $60tmrshark raises to $277.30, and is all inGrinderMJ calls $217.30tmrshark shows [Kh Jh]GrinderMJ shows [5d Ad]*** RIVER *** [6h 2d 5s 7c] [Qc]tmrshark shows King Queen highGrinderMJ shows a pair of FivesGrinderMJ wins the pot ($648.60) with a pair of Fivestmrshark stands up*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $650.60 | Rake $2Board: [6h 2d 5s 7c Qc]Seat 1: tmrshark showed [Kh Jh] and lost with King Queen highSeat 2: bigv66 (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: Slyfox911 is sitting outSeat 4: kamal (small blind) folded on the FlopSeat 5: GrinderMJ (big blind) showed [5d Ad] and won ($648.60) with a pair of FivesSeat 6: bobbysteels1 didn't bet (folded)
Always go with your feeling, obviously you thought this out and made an extremely tough call.
When he smooth called my flop check raise and didn't push, I eliminated overpairs and put him on a hand like ak or aq which I have dominated. Then i realized he min raised preflop so I changed his line of hands to more like qj suited, kq suited, kj suited and the like.
Why wouldn't you put him on a non-premium pocket pair? You don't think he could make this play with something like 66 if he's "tricky aggressive"? I'm just saying because when I check raise and get flat called by someone I consider a good player (which you said you thought he was) in no limit, it screams trap to me.Ray
When he smooth called my flop check raise and didn't push, I eliminated overpairs and put him on a hand like ak or aq which I have dominated. Then i realized he min raised preflop so I changed his line of hands to more like qj suited, kq suited, kj suited and the like.
Why wouldn't you put him on a non-premium pocket pair? You don't think he could make this play with something like 66 if he's "tricky aggressive"? I'm just saying because when I check raise and get flat called by someone I consider a good player (which you said you thought he was) in no limit, it screams trap to me.Ray
It could be a trap, but my check raise usually is a strong indicator of strength, and he might have fast played a set of strong pocket pair. Middle pocket pairs are also more likely, but I felt he would possibly 3 bet with 88-jj. Actually the more i think about this hand, I can't really beat any hands. Bah, you got me Ray, donk call.

since you are posting you do not have a pocket pair that hit a set, from the way the hand played I'd put you on two pair, reasonable of you to call the small raise with a hand like 56s, you could also have had 34s, but that really isnt a hand most people play.What do I put him on, hard to say, my best guess is a overpair, but he seems a little too aggressive for just a pair, after all, the flopp isn't perfect, lots of hard to read hands could have connected with it.My best guess is JJ-AA...

nh grinder..these calls are hard to make...but it's nice when you're right.posting here in strat really though won't get you much other than tooting your own horn cause it really just comes down to your read and willing to go with it.i made a similar call against probably a similar opponent playing a HU cash game for my entire stack on a T73 board with AQ. He tabled KJ....but I don't think I'd ever post the details of the hand or what I was thinking cause it's so rare to do and really just comes down to knowing your opponent, putting him on a hand range you can beat...and going with it.IMO, nice play...it's obvioujsly only something you can do when you have a solid read and def. isn't the "norm".- Jordan