duke overrated? nova number 1?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watch out for my jayhawks censored.....will probably lose at texas, but have been on a major run lately, can win pretty, playing up tempo, can win playing ugly, 3 serviceable big men, julian wright as a superb passing PF, rush on the wing, the best defensive backcourt in the nation.. (look up steals).....we're pretty good...real young too, but hey, cuse was a 6 seed when they won it all..http://kenpom.com/leaders.php?c=PctStls
#3 seed actually. I remember that one well because I won the pool I was in being the only one to pick Syracuse to win it all. Net winnings = $7,000.
Bump for Iowa posting a big win against Michigan State. 9-3 in the Big 10--a full game ahead of #2.8-3 against the Top 25. RPI is 9th and climbing. Watch out boys.
I don't like Iowa, but they are on a 5-0 run aganst the top 25 and they play hard every game. 100-1 odds on them that pup saw were pretty good, they are capable of making a run at the final four.
alright, we'll this thread will be coming back to the top in a month...... :club:
Was that English?And KU has Zero chance of winning it all (as does Syracuse, so no need to come back with that)Good luck
1. i didnt realize one typo, the ', could throw someone off so much, that reflects on your reading comprehension not my english skills, or lack thereof2. why would i say anything about syracuse, they suck this year, i was referring to their little championship season, you might remember it3. yeah hobbes, dont know how i missed that slip up, i had just either read that on a dif forum, or some jerkoff on talk radio had just said it, but yeah i remember them as a 3 seed also (and i had the final game correct in my bracket, just not the outcome :D)
btw, how is quin working out for ya koop? Heheh
:club:
He resigned. You should try watching ESPNews or something.
I think you missed his point. Maybe he shoud have just bumped yoru old pole about them having a shot at winning the NCAA and bragging about how good a coach he is.And he quit because he was pulled aside and told he was not getting a contract extension, so he was getting fired basically.
I think you missed his point. Maybe he shoud have just bumped yoru old pole about them having a shot at winning the NCAA and bragging about how good a coach he is.And he quit because he was pulled aside and told he was not getting a contract extension, so he was getting fired basically.
It did get bumped when the news broke. Nobody thought they could win it all, the question was do they have a shot at making the tourney. I was one of the few that thought they did...
Bump for Iowa posting a big win against Michigan State. 9-3 in the Big 10--a full game ahead of #2.8-3 against the Top 25. RPI is 9th and climbing. Watch out boys.
I don't like Iowa, but they are on a 5-0 run aganst the top 25 and they play hard every game. 100-1 odds on them that pup saw were pretty good, they are capable of making a run at the final four.
Definitely. Mark my words: there will be a Big Ten team in the Final Four this year. It will likely be the team that gets the best draw, but any one of the top 6 or so teams is capable. MSU, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Michigan could all do it. Ohio State is my sleeper in the tourney this year. They've managed to slip under a lot of radars. If they're a 3 or 4 seed, look for them to possibly knock off a 1 seed.

looking ahead to the 'big dance' here are my thoughts on a few teams...memphis - i like them more from a fan standpoint than a "would bet money on them" standpoint. they are really fun to watch, but they don't play good D, and calipari is a hack. they could be this years louisville, or they could lose in the second round, regardless, i like them. (once again, i enjoy watching them, but wouldnt bet on them with a 10 foot pole)duke - everyone has them as a lock, but if redick has a bad game, they lose, period. it hasn't happened this year yet, but if it does in the tourney, they will go down. (the closest was 15 points vs the memphis tigers coincidentally enough, shelden williams having his best game of the year) gonzaga - much like memphis, play weak D, morrison might be saving himself to hoist up 400 shots a game, but he couldnt guard a chair. besides this fact, i somewhat agree with koop, morrison/batista/raivio could carry them to the final 4. they need to get a favorable draw to have a shot to do anything. villanova - real strange team, almost made their run last year, had a good shot to beat unc and got somewhat jobbed by the refs. 4 guards and 1 post player is so strange, i dont know if it can hold up. i'd say an upside is that all 4 guards cant go cold on the same night....can they? i'd say a pretty good final four shot, will they get a #1 seed?texas - my pick to flame out early this year. i dont particularly like gibson, he's the standard SG playing PG. tucker i like very much, and they have been demolishing people, but they are my hunch pick to be the first #1 seed out.(no need to flame me for this when they win the title, its just a hunch, not a kowboykoop guarantee)uconn - machinelike. extremely athletic, multiple skilled bigmen, top 3 wingman in the nation (gay), good coach, play in a good conference, long arms and blocked shots on D. my early fav to win it all.sorry for the long rambling stupid post, gotta have something to do while nutpeddling low limit PLO. lets get the discussion going ladies

Definitely. Mark my words: there will be a Big Ten team in the Final Four this year. It will likely be the team that gets the best draw, but any one of the top 6 or so teams is capable. MSU, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Michigan could all do it. Ohio State is my sleeper in the tourney this year. They've managed to slip under a lot of radars. If they're a 3 or 4 seed, look for them to possibly knock off a 1 seed.
freaking lunardi on espn.com's bracketology has OSU as a 2 seed, so much for sneaking up on people :club:
Lol..no sh*t. My response was just a joke. I know you know what happened, and you should know that I know exactly what is going on. Also, I never said they had a shot at winning the NCAA's and all I said about him as a coach is that he is "pretty good," but could be better. I still stand by that, he is a fairly good coach. Just because a coach gets fired one time doesn't make him a "bad" coach...he just lost control of his program a little bit with the Ricky Clemons situation..and things just went downhill. He is a good coach, just needs to tighten things up a bit at his next job.
looking ahead to the 'big dance' here are my thoughts on a few teams...memphis - i like them more from a fan standpoint than a "would bet money on them" standpoint. they are really fun to watch, but they don't play good D, and calipari is a hack. they could be this years louisville, or they could lose in the second round, regardless, i like them. (once again, i enjoy watching them, but wouldnt bet on them with a 10 foot pole)I agree with this. duke - everyone has them as a lock, but if redick has a bad game, they lose, period. it hasn't happened this year yet, but if it does in the tourney, they will go down. (the closest was 15 points vs the memphis tigers coincidentally enough, shelden williams having his best game of the year) I agree with this....also, there have been a few pretty close calls..such as them needing a miracle halfcourt shot just to beat VaTech at home...and such. They'll go down earlier than expected. gonzaga - much like memphis, play weak D, morrison might be saving himself to hoist up 400 shots a game, but he couldnt guard a chair. besides this fact, i somewhat agree with koop, morrison/batista/raivio could carry them to the final 4. they need to get a favorable draw to have a shot to do anything. villanova - real strange team, almost made their run last year, had a good shot to beat unc and got somewhat jobbed by the refs. 4 guards and 1 post player is so strange, i dont know if it can hold up. i'd say an upside is that all 4 guards cant go cold on the same night....can they? i'd say a pretty good final four shot, will they get a #1 seed?texas - my pick to flame out early this year. i dont particularly like gibson, he's the standard SG playing PG. tucker i like very much, and they have been demolishing people, but they are my hunch pick to be the first #1 seed out.(no need to flame me for this when they win the title, its just a hunch, not a kowboykoop guarantee)don't worry, if they win it all, I'll remind you of this. uconn - machinelike. extremely athletic, multiple skilled bigmen, top 3 wingman in the nation (gay), good coach, play in a good conference, long arms and blocked shots on D. my early fav to win it all.Probably the most obvious favorite....extremely good team.Word. sorry for the long rambling stupid post, gotta have something to do while nutpeddling low limit PLO. lets get the discussion going ladies
Also...Tennessee is going to make a deep run. Mark it.

bump for a full day of college hoopscouple of fun 'bracket buster' games so far, and my hawks are sticking it in MU at the momentknow some people that lost a lot of $$$ on the florida game that they were winning by 1 with the ball with 20 seconds left, oops