duke overrated? nova number 1?

kers....nova at 9/1, gonzaga at 15/1 seem like the best. georgetown at 20/1 is intriguing, but in all honesty, those seem like shit odds.i picked up fla at 60/1 and i'm happy with that, but i think in vegas you can still get them at like 50/1. bodog odds seem off t ome.
Yea I remember you talking about your Florida pick. My post was started before the odds were posted, so I wasnt referring to that.When betting on who's going to win the NCAA's you either try to find a real good bet early in the season on a team they underrate (like you did with FLA at 60-1) or you wait til right before the tournament and make a bet on it. In that case you look at which team is hot at the end of the season and also is getting good odds. In 2003 I bet on Syracuse at 15-1 and Marquette at 15-1 and both ended up making the final four, with SU winning me some dough :-)
yeah...but like i said, bodog's odds still seem off. i might be heading out tonight, want me to check some of the upper teams' odds to see what they look like?
Sure for comparison's sake. I dont think I'll be betting this year, but if I do I usually do it right around the start of the tourney like I said. Also, I am very jealous that you are in Vegas lol
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here are the wynn lines for the major teams, as of 2/10/06:duke 8/5texas 5/1uconn 5/2michigan st 6/1villanova 5/1oklahoma 10/1louisville 25/1kentucky 15/1arizona 15/1gonzaga 10/1memphis 7/1illinois 12/1indiana 12/1ucla 18/1iowa 35/1UNC 30/1washington 10/1west va 12/1george washington 20/1wisconsin 40/1florida 4/1 (wow, that's pretty damn surprising)pittsburgh 20/1i guess the last lines i looked at were old, because these are crazy compared to the ones i saw not more than a week ago. looks like bodog's the way to go.

Gonzaga won't do anything in the tournament. I'm a huge seller of them at 10/1.My Final 4: Duke, UConn, 'Nova, and whichever top tier Big Ten team doesn't end up in a bracket with one of these 3.

Gonzaga won't do anything in the tournament. I'm a huge seller of them at 10/1.My Final 4: Duke, UConn, 'Nova, and whichever top tier Big Ten team doesn't end up in a bracket with one of these 3.
You guys rag on the Zags too much. They have possibly the best player in the country an above average center and a smart PG who isn't afraid to hit big shots (see the game vs MSU) in the clutch. The other players are athletic and well coached, they can play with anyone in the country. Who cares what they do in thier weak conference, when the big teams are the opponent, they step it up. No one in the country wants to play this team in the tournament.
You guys rag on the Zags too much...
When it comes to picking probable tourney success, pretty much all I care about is quality road wins. Gonzaga doesn't have any (they beat MSU on a neutral court before MSU was playing defense), and they won't have another tough test on the road until the tourney comes. They've also had too many squeakers against marginal teams. Against teams that play tough D, they won't stand a chance. They might make the Sweet 16 due to favorable seeding, but I doubt they go much further.

I don't think Duke is overrated. The difference is there is not a dominant team (ala UNLV back in the day) blowing every team out by 40. I think there are probably 10 teams that could end up champion and another 10 sleepers (from the mid-majors) that are going to shock a lot of people. The tourney is shaping up to be a great one.

still no love for Pittsburgh. They are a top 10 team. No real dominate players which keeps them outta the National spotlight but they have one of the deepest teams in the country.

Uconn is #1 but they just fucked up the game last night. They're better than they played. A LOT better. You watch.
Uh...watch what??? Are you making some kind of bold prediction??
The NCAA tournamentDonk
Whatever....lol. You said "you watch" like you made some sort of bold statement.......so are you trying to make a "bold statement" that there will actually be an NCAA tournament???
Uconn is #1 but they just fucked up the game last night. They're better than they played. A LOT better. You watch.
The NCAA tournamentDonk
Whatever....lol. You said "you watch" like you made some sort of bold statement.......so are you trying to make a "bold statement" that there will actually be an NCAA tournament???
WATCH THE NCAA TOURNAMENT AND WATCH UCONN WIN THE WHOLE GOD DAMN THING.How fuc.king hard is that to understand? Damn you need to go back to 4rth grade english and learn some comprehension skills.
The NCAA tournamentDonk
WATCH THE NCAA TOURNAMENT AND WATCH UCONN WIN THE WHOLE GOD DAMN THING.How fuc.king hard is that to understand? Damn you need to go back to 4rth grade english and learn some comprehension skills.
You never said that UConn was going to win the whole thing in your first post. You said, "they really played bad, they'd play better, you watch." SO....basically, you made a bold statement that UConn better not lose if they want to win it all. Good one there, genius. Oh..and uh, you said that I should go back to "4rth grade english" to learn comprehension skills. How ironic...moron.
The NCAA tournamentDonk
You never said that UConn was going to win the whole thing in your first post. You said, "they really played bad, they'd play better, you watch." SO....basically, you made a bold statement that UConn better not lose if they want to win it all. Good one there, genius. Oh..and uh, you said that I should go back to "4rth grade english" to learn comprehension skills. How ironic...moron.
UCONN WILL WIN IT ALL!!!Tu comprendes moron?
The NCAA tournamentDonk
UCONN WILL WIN IT ALL!!!Tu comprendes moron?
All I did was ask a question in the first place. You said "they are better than they played in the game that they lost, you watch." So I asked what you meant by that, what did you want us "to watch," and then you said the NCAA tournament. So...whatever, I was just trying to figure out what you were trying to "predict" or whatever, you told us to watch that UConn is better than they played last night...that has nothing to do with them winning the NCAA tournament. All I was doing was inquiring as to what you meant.

watch out for my jayhawks bitches.....will probably lose at texas, but have been on a major run lately, can win pretty, playing up tempo, can win playing ugly, 3 serviceable big men, julian wright as a superb passing PF, rush on the wing, the best defensive backcourt in the nation.. (look up steals).....we're pretty good...real young too, but hey, cuse was a 6 seed when they won it all..http://kenpom.com/leaders.php?c=PctStls

watch out for my jayhawks censored.....will probably lose at texas, but have been on a major run lately, can win pretty, playing up tempo, can win playing ugly, 3 serviceable big men, julian wright as a superb passing PF, rush on the wing, the best defensive backcourt in the nation.. (look up steals).....we're pretty good...real young too, but hey, cuse was a 6 seed when they won it all..http://kenpom.com/leaders.php?c=PctStls
Hehe..KU has zero chance at winning it all...or even making a very good run. Yeah, they are on a great run...but the Big 12 is a very very weak confernce this year.....they won't be doing much in the NCAA tourney. 2nd. Sweet 16 at VERY best, but I even doubt that.

got some better lines at the nugget today...uconn even duke 8/5UF 7/1villanova 10/1texas 12/1illinois 5/1memphis 3/1gonzaga 10/1kansas 75/1kentucky 1000/1pitt 9/5 (that's just stupid)georgetown 15ohio st 20/1wisconsin 75/1west va 6/1iowa 100/1cuse 50/1wake 100/1indiana 200/1louisville 75/1oklahoma 50/1maryland 100/1

"KU has zero chance at winning it all...or even making a very good run."wanna quantify what "making a good run" means and put some odds on it? i'd be willing to make a wager.....
Elite 8 or better, that's what I'd say a "very good run" is. And no, I'm not gonna wager on it, I don't bet money on sports. Again, yeah, KU has gotten better and has a lot of young potential, but the conference is extremely weak this year and if KU was in the Big East or Big Ten..they might not even be making the tournament whatsoever. They are a good team, but I think they'll be lucky to get to the Sweet 16.
alright, we'll this thread will be coming back to the top in a month...... :club:
Was that English?And KU has Zero chance of winning it all (as does Syracuse, so no need to come back with that)Good luck