i look at that table and as great of a table it is i believe they got it wrong...even though annie won it shes out of her league you can replace her with jen harmen and get rid of raymer even though he was the champ and put in todd brunson or ted forrest...what do you all think...also i know their has been this poll alot but whos the best player at that table

i look at that table and as great of a table it is i believe they got it wrong...even though annie won it shes out of her league you can replace her with jen harmen and get rid of raymer even though he was the champ and put in todd brunson or ted forrest...what do you all think...also i know their has been this poll alot but whos the best player at that table
Wow. :shock:
At the time Todd wasn't a Champion (at the WSOP).

Johnny Chan or Chip Reese, because if both didn't get really unlucky, then either one of them should have won the 2004 TOC. Hellmuth and Duke both got extremely lucky and Lederer even deserved to be in the final 2 over them. But overall I say Chan played the best and should have won if Hellmuth didnt suck out.

I just watched it on ESPN Classic as well, i liked Hellmuth the most, but they only showed a few pots from each player, too much focus on the exit interviews. He did get lucky with the 10 10 running into KK four handed, but you can't really fault him for coming over the top of Chan... what would you guys do with 10 10 at that point in a winner takes all situation?? Negreanu made a great laydown with 76 top pair, but basically all I caught from the coverage was a bunch of desperation moves (doyle moves in without looking, Annie pushes with A 4 hearts, Daniel calls all in with QJ diamonds, Raymer is fat) Phil Hellmuth was the best player because he said things like "Jesus effing Christ" and stood up everytime someone raised him, which is pretty technical stuff; he's like an eagle soaring in the heavens. I was impressed when hellmuth didn't bust with the pair of kings heads up, as I know I would have using my "I hope I'm not beat" strategy

I just watched it on ESPN Classic as well, i liked Hellmuth the most, but they only showed a few pots from each player, too much focus on the exit interviews.  He did get lucky with the 10 10 running into KK four handed, but you can't really fault him for coming over the top of Chan... what would you guys do with 10 10 at that point in a winner takes all situation??  Negreanu made a great laydown with 76 top pair, but basically all I caught from the coverage was a bunch of desperation moves (doyle moves in without looking, Annie pushes with A 4  hearts, Daniel calls all in with QJ diamonds, Raymer is fat)  Phil Hellmuth was the best player because he said things like "Jesus effing Christ" and stood up everytime someone raised him, which is pretty technical stuff; he's like an eagle soaring in the heavens.  I was impressed when hellmuth didn't bust with the pair of kings heads up, as I know I would have using my "I hope I'm not beat" strategy
nh