speaking of scotty nguyen...

Who are the boozers on the pro tour? Obviously, these guys/gals behave pretty good when on TV, but surely there must be a few drunks among the pros. I've seen Scotty Nguyen down a couple pints on one TV poker episode, and I thought he was pretty cool for doing so... I've also seen Devilfish sneaking a sip of wine now and again, otherwise the televised games look pretty dry.

Since when does having a few drinks while sitting at a poker table for 12 hours make you a boozer?
I never suggested a few drinks at the table makes one a boozer (although, in said TV game, Scotty looked to be quite sloshed by the time he'd exited), which was the point of my question... who are the hardcore drinkers on the tour? Maybe the more interesting question: do booze and poker mix well? Do you play better poker whilst under the influence?
Maybe the more interesting question: do booze and poker mix well?
I hope you're kidding... This is not a more interesting question, because the answer, in no uncertain terms, is NO.
Layne Flack drinks too much, supposedly
get new info, Layne went into rehab and doesnt drink anymore.
Not sure where I read it, but I think DN paid around 70K for him to go into rehab....if true DN needs some props..
Not sure where I read it, but I think DN paid around 70K for him to go into rehab....if true DN needs some props..
Maybe the more interesting question: do booze and poker mix well?
I hope you're kidding... This is not a more interesting question, because the answer, in no uncertain terms, is NO.
Not kidding at all. And don't be so certain of your no uncertain terms. In his book "Bad Beats and Lucky Draws", Hellmuth talks about Layne Flack's (now apparently sober) play under the influence. "I'm scared of no one at no-limit Holdem, but I have a healthy respect for 'Drunk Layne!'... When Layne is drinking in this game, he is dead-on with his reads, and has no fear whatsoever...."
I constantly play when i am paraletic drunk, helps maintain my table image of a washed up piece of shi.t degenerate gambler who never wins.
Damn. Just spit coffee all over my desk. One of the funniest things I've read in a while.
I constantly play when i am paraletic drunk, helps maintain my table image of a washed up piece of shi.t degenerate gambler who never wins.
as long as you are having fun!

Scotty does like to drink at the table, bu the doesn't always. For example, yesterday the pics on Cardplayer showed him with a redbull and a water in front of him. However, some players do play better when they drink, I do not believe Scotty is necessarily one of them. He is the man, though.

In the commentary on the party poker million event on teh WPT season 2 done by DN and Lindgren they joke about Scotty drinking there but then explain he likes to drink a couple of beers while playing in big situations cause it calms him