the problem with this forum.

I love this forum, but I agree with the OP.  Not one serious response. 90% of you are censored and probably American
well thought out, I'm glad that there isn't a forum specifically for STRATEGY ADVICE. Better get to bed, short bus comes rather early in the morning.
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ohhh, sorry. Wow what a horrible mistake. And its not like that typo was similar to the actual word. Wow will try not to make such horrible mistakes soon...sigh
I figured that response was right on par for general, wouldn't want change now would we?
Can we get the dancing lock in aisle three please?
I didn't read the thread, and its probably not even worth it...but I think that the REAL problem at this forum is that people crave censorship for some reason. I never saw censorship as a good thing, and I really don't see how anyone does. I guess i'm just a rare libertarian amongst a bunch of fundies.
Guest Zach6668
Pretty sure he's talking about me.  Apparently I have an ego the size of Georgia.
Man you do have a big ego! Anytime someone mentions anything about egos, you immediately think it's about you... :club::D
I didn't read the thread, and its probably not even worth it...but I think that the REAL problem at this forum is that people crave censorship for some reason. I never saw censorship as a good thing, and I really don't see how anyone does. I guess i'm just a rare libertarian amongst a bunch of fundies.
http://www.neverwinpoker.comhttp://www.recpoker.comI call it, When Forums Run Wild

well the problem with your problem is that there is no solution.given that this is anonymous people posting on the internet, youronly 2 choices are allowing a$$holes, or heavy censorship.this forum for the most part has chosen the allowing option, and i think most people that post here would agree with that.

I'm not saying that moderation isn't necessary. I feel that a minimal amount, however (i.e. the earlier days of this forum) is much better. I would definately say that when people are flat out begging for regulation in every thread, that it is more than minimal.I think its really an inherent flaw in online communities, which have no population boundaries. For a forum to remain useful, with minimal regulation, the amount of members would have to be restricted... and then we go back to the idea of too much restriction again.its quite a paradox.I'm really just bitching because I don't like when people beg to be censored... :club:

On second thought, custom, I'd say that NWP serves its purpose quite well. It is meant to be just what it is... a circus.RGP, on the other hand, could greatly benefit from separate forums. A "spouting off" style area, separated from strategy, and fanboy forums (which are often combined in General here) would cut back on the noise significantly.

A forum is based on opionions. If you don't like others then you should just throw ur computer at a wall.

A forum is based on opionions. If you don't like others then you should just throw ur computer at a wall.
Dude, how many posts do you have? Think you can come in here with your logic and common sense...who do you think you are? A vet? Get out newb.sdubya
Ego, it's dripping everywhere. You people have a lot of growing up to do.One thread with a guy stating his opinion gets flooded with one sentence responses like "you're stupid", "STFU newb" and so on.  It's impossible to even read a thread in this forum without getting censored like this. This forum is one big pis.sing contest. Most people don't have a mind for themselves, and nobody gets respect without saying off the wall stuff like "I put mayonaise on my dogs balls". There's an inner circle of people who immediately flame people, without giving someone an opposing point of view in an intelligent way.More later, I would say discuss..but I'll get 4 flames in 30 seconds. If i wanted to read censored, I would go to recpoker. Atleast they give semi-intelligent replies.
STFU NEWB...wait you have more post than me........................................................im sorry you are right..how dare people express their opinion in a public forum...get a sense of humor you....i forgot to mention....."I put mayonaise on my cats balls".

I agree with the OPIt's mainly all the vets that think there some bad arrrse poker players. They reside in strategy and a laughable at best. I don't even lurk in strategy cause i think most of them are a joke. remember, i said most, not all. There are some that are for real and They know who they are.If you want real advise and some good tips to becoming a "great" player, i'll help you. I'll hepl you and all the newbs and anyone else that needs help.I'm for real. and i wish all the little kid shhiat would stop. But, it won't and i've acceptred that.So let's all jus ignore the stupid, self proclaimed, wannabeees. good thread. it needed to be said

I agree with the OPIt's mainly all the vets that think there some bad arrrse poker players. They reside in strategy and a laughable at best.  I don't even lurk in strategy cause i think most of them are a joke. remember, i said most, not all. There are some that are for real and They know who they are.If you want real advise   and some good tips to becoming a "great" player, i'll help you. I'll hepl you and all the newbs  and anyone else that needs help.I'm for real. and i wish all the little kid shhiat would stop. But, it won't and i've acceptred that.So let's all jus ignore the stupid, self proclaimed, wannabeees.  good thread.  it needed to be said
alicecaterpillar.jpg
I am completely against censorship in any form whatsoever, that dancing lock just makes me laugh.

The problem with this forum is....the average age.Not for any reason other than most people here have a very serious probably taking criticism and having a rational thought or debate. They simply can't have a conversation about much of anything with someone who doesn't expressly agree with them. Which is probably why a lot of flames get whittled down to "STFU Newb" instead of, "Well, if you had looked at the situation a little more closely..."A few things..

It's mainly all the vets that think there some bad arrrse poker players. They reside in strategy and a laughable at best.  I don't even lurk in strategy cause i think most of them are a joke. remember, i said most, not all.
You know, this bothers me. You're the one person on this forum, other than maybe Teneight, who runs off at the mouth about how great you are. I have no doubts that you're a good poker player. I have doubts that your condescending attitude allows for any kind of real conversation about the help you did offer. As for strategy being a joke--laughable. No, it's not 2+2. And No, a lot of it isn't the most advanced plays from the 50/100 NL games, but there's a lot of valuable conversation going on there. I take it personal that you attack the strat sections, when personally, I've spent so much time trying to breath life into the NLHE strat section.
Look around at all the Categories for the forum, There is no need for a General forum so that's what it has actually become, useless.
I agree. God, how I wish we could get rid of the General Forum. There's a reason peope don't post in most of the other forums. They immediately click on the first one they see. Get rid of this forum, today, and I guarantee things would turn around.
I'm really just censored because I don't like when people beg to be censored...   :club:
this is quite sad from the man who first figured out how to bypass the censor
I agree. God, how I wish we could get rid of the General Forum. There's a reason peope don't post in most of the other forums. They immediately click on the first one they see. Get rid of this forum, today, and I guarantee things would turn around.
You're rapidly becoming one of my favorite posters.And thank you for your work in the NLHE section. If I knew it better, I'd contribute.