ak turn raise good?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade:, K:spade:. UTG calls, 1 fold, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.Flop: (8.50 SB) 5:heart:, 2:heart:, 3:diamond: (4 players)BB checks, UTG bets, MP1 folds, Hero calls, BB calls.Turn: (5.75 BB) A:diamond: (3 players)BB checks, UTG bets, BB calls, UTG calls.River: (11.75 BB) J:heart: (3 players)BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.Final Pot: 11.75BBCritique every street.My thoughts on the turn were to raise and fold to a 3-bet.Probably check/call or maybe check/fold the river if a heart falls.

Any reads?Im raising this on the flop. Make BB fold his gutshots. Its hard to put UTG on a strong made hand just yet.Turn, perfect.River, i check behind there aswell. What bothers me is BB calling two cold on the turn. If it were just against UTG im valuebetting.

Raise the flop. It cleans up our four outs sometimes, plus we were the PFR so it's more likely that we can fold out the BB, or make him call unprofitably when he has a flush draw.When someone check/calls two cold at these limits, even on the turn, it DOES NOT mean they have a flush draw. They could have a gut shot, weaker ace, middle pair determined to see showdown...etc. I think this river is a fairly standard bet/fold. There are a ton of hands that we a missing value on, and I don't think any worse hand would raise us.

Rdigger:If you are asking about the turn raise, then cut off the post after the raise...don't show any calls, folds, 3-bets..nothing..after your Turn Raise.Obviously, it's a good raise when no one bets anymore. :roll: ps. it's mandatory to raise the turn.I'm not sold on a flop raise.

I think this is a wa/wb situation.
do you know what this means?At what point in hand is this WA/WB ?after the river? well of course!
wow...I remember the days when you were just learning and posted things errantly. Now you're the big bold master.Perhaps I'm mistaken as I dont use these terms as often as others as I'm not an avid poster...feel free educate me.Meh, what I'm suggesting is check the river...

soory, the jerk in me came out.Screech is on me all day and I can't shake him!"I think" wa/wb is reserved for situations like, it's HU to the flop and you have KK, flop is A46 rainbow, and he raised pf and you 3-bet. Either he Has an Ace, or is usually drawing to 2 outs. You, are drawing to 2 outs, or are way ahead.I was kidding on this, because of course onn the river, you either lose or win, whether you are wa/wb doesn't matter. On the hand in general it's never a wa/wb situation because there are so many draws present, and it's multiway.generally in true wa/wb situations raising is not recommended because you fold worse hands that are bettnig and drawing dead, while losing more money to hands you are drawing almost dead to. (or getting out played by worse)I'm still learning. I'm no Master.But I win a shit load! of $4 bets :-)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade:, K:spade:. UTG calls, 1 fold, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.Flop: (8.50 SB) 5:heart:, 2:heart:, 3:diamond: (4 players)BB checks, UTG bets, MP1 folds, Hero calls, BB calls.Sorry, I'm getting into this convo late, but I'm confused on why Hero wouldn't just fold after completely missing the flop and is forced to call UTG's bet with just 2 overcards and no real draws. Doesn't seem like Hero's getting pot odds to call here either. Am i missing something here though? Seems like Hero's up against 2 pair, a set or at least an over pair, and in any of those scenarious he's behind...

Sorry, I'm getting into this convo late, but I'm confused on why Hero wouldn't just fold after completely missing the flop and is forced to call UTG's bet with just 2 overcards and no real draws. Doesn't seem like Hero's getting pot odds to call here either. Am i missing something here though? Seems like Hero's up against 2 pair, a set or at least an over pair, and in any of those scenarious he's behind...
hi.welcome.hot chick avitars are inapproprite for strategy forums.Why do you think Hero is up against "2 pair, a set or at least an over pair" We do have 4 outs to a straight, granted, we split a lot.But you don't think our A/K outs are good very often?I'm not sold on the flop raise, as mentioned, but peeling in this biggish flop pot, is ok.again, welcome.

werd.While I don't think we're up against 2pair on the flop here, I think A5 here is a possible holding by UTG and could have made 2pr on the turn as a result of his gaybet. (I did use this term right didn't I?!) BB most likely on a flush draw as he is willing to call 2 cold by the Turn.Of course, this all depends on how loose you think UTG is...I think raising the flop is alright. Makes the flush draws pay and you could still be good...Turn raise is fine...Assessment ok?

I'm iffy on the flop call itself. I really only count 4 clean outs discounting the A and K of hearts, but getting 8 to 1 on the flop I'd peel one off then fold on the turn UI or raise if I catch.

hi.welcome.hot chick avitars are inapproprite for strategy forums.Why do you think Hero is up against "2 pair, a set or at least an over pair" We do have 4 outs to a straight, granted, we split a lot.But you don't think our A/K outs are good very often?I'm not sold on the flop raise, as mentioned, but peeling in this biggish flop pot, is ok.again, welcome.I just think that with that board if hero's missing, then UTG must be hitting and even if we do hit an A or a K it's no guarantee that we'll win the pot anyways. I just say fold it, wait for a better spot. Way to many people lose money holding onto AK in positions just like this. Either fold after the flop or raise it up, try to win the pot right there, if UTG calls, then i'm just trying to get to the river as cheaply as possible.

as a result of his gaybet. (I did use this term right didn't I?!)
Close. His flop bet is a gaybet because we raised PF, then he lead out instead of checking to us. Since we just called the flop, his turn bet is more of a continuation bet type. If we had raised the flop and he lead out again on the turn, that's a gaybet. atleast that's how I've taken it. Maybe I'm wrong. I've been wrong at physics all day. :x
I just think that with that board if hero's missing, then UTG must be hitting and even if we do hit an A or a K it's no guarantee that we'll win the pot anyways. I just say fold it, wait for a better spot. Way to many people lose money holding onto AK in positions just like this. Either fold after the flop or raise it up, try to win the pot right there, if UTG calls, then i'm just trying to get to the river as cheaply as possible.
I think you'll be susceptible to a lot of bluffs if you fold everytime you miss the flop...
as a result of his gaybet. (I did use this term right didn't I?!)
Close. His flop bet is a gaybet because we raised PF, then he lead out instead of checking to us. Since we just called the flop, his turn bet is more of a continuation bet type. If we had raised the flop and he lead out again on the turn, that's a gaybet. atleast that's how I've taken it. Maybe I'm wrong. I've been wrong at physics all day. :x
mother ****ing shit **** shit shit shit shit ****!ok, well between your physics and my dependency on Otrivin...I still check the river