greatest rapper ever?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everybody thinks Tupac was so great because he was like a martyr for rap. Personally, I don't like his stuff that much. Biggie was much better.

Eminem is far and away my favorite rapper. 2nd is...um...see, I couldn't really say. My favorite rap song growing up was Can't Truss It, but I didn't care much for anything else they did. There are a lot of rap artists that have one or two songs that I like, but I like almost all of Eminem's songs.

definately agree on Jay-Z. Whenever I say I like him, though, people always make fun of me.or maybe its just because of the way I look.

Lyrically, Biggie pwns everyone. Period. His flow will never be duplicated.

It has to be Tupac, but I've had friends really argue Biggie. To me Tupac is the MJ of rap. And also to me he is one of the best musical artists ever. Thoughts????
If you truly know music and hip hop Pac is unmatched. Songs like Brenda's Got a Baby, Soujua Story, Part Time Mother, Str8 Balling, not to mention other countless ones. Saying Biggies or JayZ is better then Pac is like saying Mcjeager and Steven Tyler are better then JOhn Lennon, or that Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. are better then Sinatra!!

Seriously, Pac was not that good. For every Pac classic you can name, I can name a Biggie classic that pwns it.

I'm not a biggie fan. I'm not really a tupac fan, but I recognize what he's done for rap. They were all great rappers, no doubt.There are so many great rappers out there that you can't name "the best."But, if you want to argue who's done the most for rap (which is completely different), the answer is far and away Eminem. He brought the white kids into rap in bunches, which brought a lot of money into it.

People who argue on behalf of Pac and Biggie being the 'best' generally aren't real hip hop fans, imo. I'm not talking about Mtv. I can name a zillion MCs who have better deliveries and a zillion who write much, much, much, much better lyrics.

Lyrically speaking, nobody even comes close to Eminem. It's him and everybody else. As far as the greatest of all time, it's close between Biggie and Dre.
I'm not big on Eminem's syncopation.
Lyrically speaking, nobody even comes close to Eminem. It's him and everybody else. As far as the greatest of all time, it's close between Biggie and Dre.
you forgot the (sw)