what music are you guys listening to?

brought back rippy + needless freeleeches + encourage people to be even more retarded with their ratio. guess I'll be unseeding a fuckton of what.cd torrents since lord knows I'll never need to worry about ratio.
I can't believe you don't like rippy (I think you implied that). 1. You can block him in a single click, 2. He only hangs out for a day, 3. You can now send messages through him. I just freaked my friend out when rippy knew his full name.
  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

Have been listening to Lil Wayne's new mixtape No Ceilings. For one thing, he gets back to spitting lyrics instead of the whole guitar thing, and he pretty much makes sure on every track that you don't forget you're listening to No Ceilings. So far I don't think it's too shabby.

World's End GirlfriendUncooper and anybody else who likes Dice-K, I recommend. I found him (World's End Girlfriend = one dude) because he's listed as Dice-K's most similar artist on what. Dream's End Come True is the album that I've heard so far. Just got Hurtbreak Wonderland, which I think is his newest. Gonna listen now.

I've been listening to Wrecking Ball, by Emmylou Harris. It's my favorite Daniel Lanois album, and she just kills it, in that sweet way she has, with her voice, her unforced phrasing, and her quiet reminders that Gram Parsons loved her for a reason, dammit.Also, getting excited to see the Pixies this week. Black Francis, I've loved you since high school. Let's do this!

im wondering if you guys could help me out with something:i write/compile a magazine with a friend and one of our features is "hip hop is poetry too", where we type the lyrics of one hip hop song as an example of how lyrical some of these dudes are. first month was deltron "turbulence", second was wutang "impossible". im having trouble thinking of a song that, like those, would actually impress random (reasonably cool) 50 year old white people who, you know, like poetry and shit. im thinking maybe something not from new york since we just did wutang, and maybe something a little more indie? you think busdriver would work? i would love to hear suggestions.also, if you guys want to write any reviews or features or op-eds or poems or essays or anything, we are always looking for new and better material (and readers), feel free to check it outalso, recently listening to these folks:aphex twin- selected ambient works vol. 2cannibal ox- the cold vein (nice call whoever had that on their decade list, i think it was mmkay)gas-pop (one nice thing about pitchforks decade thing [where i heard about this album] was the artist lists, which were much more varied)lil wayne- no ceilings (nice to hear wayne be clever again)flaming lips- embryonic (im not as crazy about it as you guys, but also think the flaming lips were ruined for me when i saw them live and realized how shot wayne's voice really was...maybe he was just ****ed up)patton oswalt- my weakness is strong (might be better than his last one, which was great)raekwon -ob4cl (i play pyrex vision pretty much every time i get in the car)stephan micus- music of stones and twilight fields (perfect music for the old mid-day naptime hallucination)hollertronix- never scared (i ingest and enjoy any and all forms of diplo) (no homo)the upsetters- everything. ever. do it.

is this for personal consumption? if so, it probably won't make a difference... obviously you're not getting stereo either way.
Yeah The Complete Beatles. I read about 100 words summarizing the Great Debate between Beatles in stereo vs mono, and the conclusion seems to be that everything is best in mono except for Yellow Submarine, Let It Be, and Abbey Road.
im wondering if you guys could help me out with something:
I have been thinking on this, but haven't come up with anything good yet. I'm sure I will at some point (not that they will necessarily be good suggestions, but something at least). Thanks though for rendering alllll of Wu-Tang obsolete :club:.
im wondering if you guys could help me out with something:
Some Kid Cudi would work...Heart of a LionPlease save a kid that needs some helpand I can't see ahead of me, so I move in stealthHide and seek within a dream, I seem to glide above my horrorthough I feel I'll never be complete, inside the dark I borrowto proceed and remain intact, my mental is so unstableAnd they talk and judge a man, they have no clue of what I'm capable til I show a side of me, no one had thought could be within I told ya, no I'm not no loser won't see you in hell
Some Kid Cudi would work...
i dont know, ive always found cudi to be a little superficial and whiny, and he's certainly not anything too out there lyrically.right now, im thinking elzhi- D.E.M.O.N.S.any hip hop lovers in here would do well to buy/steal/download elzhi- the prefacehe was the guy who replaced jay dee in slum village, pretty incredible lyricist
right now, im thinking elzhi- D.E.M.O.N.S.any hip hop lovers in here would do well to buy/steal/download elzhi- the prefacehe was the guy who replaced jay dee in slum village, pretty incredible lyricist
Thanks for the rec. Related - I've been slightly obsessed with Slum Village's Fantastic Vol. 2 for the last couple months. It's goddam great. The first half is actually relatively weak, but the second half is just homerun after homerun.
DJ Benzi, Wale, and ft Brother Ali - 2nd Time Around2dopeboyz (rap blog) apparently called Ali's verse on this track one of their "top 3 verses of the year." It's a really damn great beat, and Ali is pretty amazing on it. He played it last night, and I think did most of it a capella. I hadn't heard it before but managed to find it pretty easily today.

This thread has failed me: the basic impression I got was that Thom Yorke's solo stuff was sort of meh or OK, so I never bothered to listen to it. As it turns out, it's like all the elements I like best about Radiohead's later stuff. Thom is like the world's most compelling snare programmer.