• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

Also, Animal Collective are terrible. My introduction to their music has been listening to most of their tracks on this list. They.....just suck a lot of dicks. Dunno how else to say it.
I don't even like weird stuff, but I can count a handful of Animal Collective tracks among my favorite songs of the decade. I'd listen to the following songs, as they appear to be the "easiest" to enjoy:From MPPMy GirlsSummertime ClothesStrawberry JamPeaceboneFireworksFor Reverend GreenFeelsDid You See the WordsGrassSung TongsLeaf HouseWho Could Win A Rabbit(and my personal favorite) Winter's LoveTo paraphrase mk (except I'm, you know, saying the opposite), whenever I hear those songs I usually think to myself, Oh My God, those songs are flipping rad. Panda Bear is my favorite.
To paraphrase mk (except I'm, you know, saying the opposite), whenever I hear those songs I usually think to myself, Oh My God, those songs are flipping rad. Panda Bear is my favorite.
STILL DON'T BELIEVE YOU

man, i started thinking about my favorite albums of the decade, and within about a minute and without looking at anything to make sure i wasn't making any glaring omissions, i already had 30 albums. i think we need to make it at least 50, and i'd be down to do 100....

I don't know if i've posted in this thread more than once or twice, but I just had to say I've been listening to The Black Keys and enjoying the fuck out of it.
Just watched the vid for Your Touch. Pretty good, funny, too.And listened to some more stuff by them. Like it a lot! Thanks, Jeff!
Just watched the vid for Your Touch. Pretty good, funny, too.And listened to some more stuff by them. Like it a lot! Thanks, Jeff!
If anyone has seen the HBO show Hung, it's their song that is the theme: I'm your man.Kind of a funk/blues 70s feel to their music.
If anyone has seen the HBO show Hung, it's their song that is the theme: I'm your man.Kind of a funk/blues 70s feel to their music.
Yeah, I watch that show and I was wondering who did that song, but never bothered to look it up. Now I know and I'm better for it.Current;y listening to: Various versions of Alone Again Or...originally by Arthur Lee & Love. The Damned and Calexico do decent versions.
man, i started thinking about my favorite albums of the decade, and within about a minute and without looking at anything to make sure i wasn't making any glaring omissions, i already had 30 albums. i think we need to make it at least 50, and i'd be down to do 100....
Well I'm most interested in seeing everybody's individual lists. Like, the final WMAYGLT list will be cool, but if you want to list 100 albums you damn well should, even if LLY only counts your top 20 or 30 or whatever. Currently listening to: Sound of Silver. All I can say is you guys win again! I'd listened to his self-titled album a decent amount, but this one is really excellent. I've only listened to it through about once, but I'd heard All My Friends and a couple others before. All My Friends is such a great song. It's one of those songs that you feel like you've known your whole life, even though that's not possible.EDIT: So I know he did some Pink Floyd stuff on the first album, and speaking of Jonathan Richman/The Modern Lovers (I mentioned them last post), the song North American Scum is, to my ears, influenced by The Modern Lovers to the point that it is an homage. The next song too, Someone Great, reminds me intensely of something, aside from being perhaps the best song for walking that I've ever heard. And no, I haven't heard 45:33 yet, but I have it. Oh, so does anybody wanna give me a rundown of the various artists he pays homage to on Sound of Silver? I could probably read some reviews and find it there, but I'd rather hear it from you guys.
Oh, so does anybody wanna give me a rundown of the various artists he pays homage to on Sound of Silver? I could probably read some reviews and find it there, but I'd rather hear it from you guys.
i would list mr. murphy's key influences as (in no particular order):70s disco, filtered through the work of the dj larry levan at the legendary nyc club paradise garage in the late 70s and early 80s, where he played some obscure stuff, some mainstream stuff. things like: shalamar, ashford & simpson, cerrone, taana gardner, chic, and cher.70s krautrock: can, neu!, faustlate 70s/early 80s post-punk and new wave: talking heads, television, wire, bowie, iggy, gary numan et al
well I guess not. assholes. and I already had two songs picked out.
I was confused as to why you added a silent 'n' to album, and also whether '2' was supposed to mean 'two' or 'too.' In other words, nice fucking sentence, asshole! Seriously though, I didn't know what you meant. I'm still not sure I do.
I was confused as to why you added a silent 'n' to album, and also whether '2' was supposed to mean 'two' or 'too.' In other words, nice fucking sentence, asshole! Seriously though, I didn't know what you meant. I'm still not sure I do.
newb
newb
DAMMIT. I actually almost responded earlier to make fun of sal's n, but then I realized it could be some old joke that I don't get. I still don't know if that's the case, but I again remember that it might be.
DAMMIT. I actually almost responded earlier to make fun of sal's n, but then I realized it could be some old joke that I don't get. I still don't know if that's the case, but I again remember that it might be.
you got pwnd.

lately mostly dj-type stuff (all highly recommended)major lazer (switch and diplo)- essential mixpretty lights- filling up the city skies, taking up your precious timedeadmau5- essential mix (live at ibiza)madlib- blunted in the bombshelter, beat konducta vols. 5-6, mind fusiondaedelus-meanwhile ep, impending doom9th wonder- dream merchant, god's stepsonif you didn't know, you can find torrents of pete tong's radio1 essential mix shows pretty much anywhere, and some of them (major lazer, diplo, flying lotus) are superb.also, if we're throwing down youtubes, i got

my friend saw her at newport jazz and was ****ing astonished