official kidpoker vs. dreamclown thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He prides himself on his mathematical knowledge of the game, but his math is flawed! He plays a lot like Gus Hansen plays limit hold'em, and while it's pretty close to optimal strategy, playing 7-2 in all situations is a play with more negative EV than simply folding it pre-flop. Assuming, of course, that you are up against a tough opponent. He is a stubborn little punk, though, so I doubt he'll ever make that adjustment. I don't mind telling him, because I'm certain that he is so narrow minded that he truly believes that his approach is the best. He talks a lot about all the bets I'm "missing", but he fails to realize that he is dumping off a ton of extra bets by habitually playing 7-2 off suit out of position. He is way more aggressive than I am, and I'm comfortable in that position. I'm nore than happy to let him hang himself again and again. It's true that he wins more of the "dead money," I'll grant him that, but he isn't overcoming his other holes with those pots by any stretch. I will not play long sessions online until I'm used to it. This kid plays a tons of hours and I think after playing for say, 10 straight hours he'd have an edge because of his experience. I'm slowly getting used to it and will eventually be able to play longer stretches. As for now, I think 4-5 hours is about all I'm good for.
Calling down 8 high unrelated OUT OF POSITION on kjj7, flop and turn, and losing to q high was just one of the many horrible 'investments'. I will get 3-1 to call 72 and know when to release it early (or when to bet the 2 i get checked into by k high). But these absurdly fishy calldowns with zero intention at making a move at the pot... If that doesn't resemble the very worst of Gus Hansen, what does? Also, I agree playing 72 is less optimal against a tough player than a weak one. But which one are you???????????????????????????You know where to find me, rag doll.gcc
He's got a WSOP bracelet in Holdem you dolt!
He prides himself on his mathematical knowledge of the game, but his math is flawed! He plays a lot like Gus Hansen plays limit hold'em, and while it's pretty close to optimal strategy, playing 7-2 in all situations is a play with more negative EV than simply folding it pre-flop. Assuming, of course, that you are up against a tough opponent. He is a stubborn little punk, though, so I doubt he'll ever make that adjustment. I don't mind telling him, because I'm certain that he is so narrow minded that he truly believes that his approach is the best. He talks a lot about all the bets I'm "missing", but he fails to realize that he is dumping off a ton of extra bets by habitually playing 7-2 off suit out of position. He is way more aggressive than I am, and I'm comfortable in that position. I'm nore than happy to let him hang himself again and again. It's true that he wins more of the "dead money," I'll grant him that, but he isn't overcoming his other holes with those pots by any stretch. I will not play long sessions online until I'm used to it. This kid plays a tons of hours and I think after playing for say, 10 straight hours he'd have an edge because of his experience. I'm slowly getting used to it and will eventually be able to play longer stretches. As for now, I think 4-5 hours is about all I'm good for.
Calling down 8 high unrelated OUT OF POSITION on kjj7, flop and turn, and losing to q high was just one of the many horrible 'investments'. I will get 3-1 to call 72 and know when to release it early (or when to bet the 2 i get checked into by k high). But these absurdly fishy calldowns with zero intention at making a move at the pot... If that doesn't resemble the very worst of Gus Hansen, what does? Also, I agree playing 72 is less optimal against a tough player than a weak one. But which one are you???????????????????????????You know where to find me, rag doll.gcc
You're funny, you really are. I wish I was staked to play you, I really do. I've watched most of the HU hands and you do not resemble a good player at all. So far you're all talk, no show. You caught a lucky run of cards towards the end of today's session to come close to breaking even. The hands you did play right would be your flopped broadways (how many were there again?), but then it is pretty tough to misplay that.
My license plate says it all...FAA QUEan idiot asked me the other day if I worked for the FAA... was that you??
Am I mistaken or does DN have more money than you in each of these HH you keep bringing up? You are getting more pathetic by the minute, take it easy, you dont have an advatage, almost all respected players think that you are going to lose, and they probably want you to lose. Oh well, DN really is going to take all of your money, you say you care about BR management but you wont, you are too proud.
Please, just stop posting. I personally couldn't give a censored about who wins, but you honestly can't have started playing poker more than two months ago. This isn't a $10+1 SNG, not everyone starts with the same amount of chips. This forum would be a lot better off if you all removed yourself from Daniel's testiclespenis. From an outsider's perspective, it is quite pathetic. Every other post seems to be some Early on Daniel even admitted that this was a learning experience for him. Perhaps he has learned enough to beat DC already, perhaps he hasn't. EITHER WAY, TWO SESSIONS PROVES NOTHINGps i only have 3 post!.
He talks a lot about all the bets I'm "missing", but he fails to realize that he is dumping off a ton of extra bets by habitually playing 7-2 off suit out of position.
I've asked prior but thought I'd try again... Would you and Dreamclown be willing to combine your hand histories from the online sessions so that we could see the entire play from start to finish w/what each player has? Or is that giving away too much for those that crunch these things???Thanks,Paul
As for now, I think 4-5 hours is about all I'm good for.
Your wife must be one happy woman (ok, that was lame, but it's 2:30am in Texas... :club:) Cheers...
quick, make a comment using dirtclod, freaking hilarious beans :D:club:
dirtclod got worked over more than Annie Duke at the beauty parlor...my personal favorite now is Dishcloth.... LOL
lol, I like that. DN, everytime DC says rag doll, just type dishcloth, that would be so freaking funny!
damn it, we had a blackout for the past few hours.. how much did Daniel win tonight?
not as if it's posted in this thread atleast 20 times, but he won about 5k tonight.
you're like the kid from grade 4 that would get grazed in the leg in dodgeball, but then flip out and start peeing all over the walls if anyone called him out.face it, you got nailed, so put your dick back in your pants and get on with your "life".

Aight, well I've been browsing and following this as I'd say a lot of people are, but what I don't get is:How come these clowns can't play Dan live? I mean, it's pretty sad that they talk all this trash and hide behind their computers. I'm sure they prefer online play - after all, it can be a bitch to get up from the couch from time to time - but, I'm sure Dan prefers live play. So thus, now they've played online, shouldn't a few live games follow?

Aight, well I've been browsing and following this as I'd say a lot of people are, but what I don't get is:How come these clowns can't play Dan live? I mean, it's pretty sad that they talk all this trash and hide behind their computers. I'm sure they prefer online play - after all, it can be a censored to get up from the couch from time to time - but, I'm sure Dan prefers live play. So thus, now they've played online, shouldn't a few live games follow?
because they're clowns.
Aight, well I've been browsing and following this as I'd say a lot of people are, but what I don't get is:How come these clowns can't play Dan live? I mean, it's pretty sad that they talk all this trash and hide behind their computers. I'm sure they prefer online play - after all, it can be a censored to get up from the couch from time to time - but, I'm sure Dan prefers live play. So thus, now they've played online, shouldn't a few live games follow?
I think they said they were going to do a freezeout sometime, live.
Daniel, He doesn't respect the game and he doesn't respect you. Can you imagine any pro on the circuit talking smack the way he did last night. Can you imagine Barry Greenstein talking that way. He is like a little 5 year old. I think you owe him nothing. There is no reason for you to play him ever again. Their whole little group has brought to much negativity to this forum. I think if people stopped replying to their posts and ignored them, they might just go away. Unless of course you like taking his free money...Good job!

I find it incredibly funny that dreamclown continues to talk smack. He calls Daniel a fish, a rag doll and repeatedly claims that he is a horrible player yet Daniel is the one up $30K. Imagine if these guys actually end up winning some money off Daniel. LOL, imagine!I think we are witnessing the birth of a crazy street bum. You will see a penniless dreamclown stumbling the streets in a few years mumbling about how great a heads-up limit player he is and ranting about how bad that "rag doll" Daniel Negreanu is. Maybe when the movie is made we can have Daniel drive by (a la Pulp Fiction) in a new car he bought with the money he won off dreamclown.+30K

So let me get this straight.You guys play 4 sessions, almost 1700 hands, and you are down 30k overall. Yet, you still have some dellusion that you are the Heads up, limit hold em master. You are pathetic man, seriously. You were down the entire time last night, you had to REBUY! and had 1 card rush, and managed to ALMOST break even. That, my friend, is not a limit hold em master. If anything you guys are break even, but you DEFINATELY don't have an edge, not by a long shot.Yes you beat daniel twice in a row, and "punked" him by making him rebuy. Your 2 minutes in the spotlight are up man. Let your ego go, and do yourself a favor. You and your crew can go own it up somewhere else, it seriously reminds me of highschool clique sh1t. I guess its true that money definately doesn't fix everything, cause you definately lack in basic social skills. You are an embarrassment to yourself, each time you open your mouth. You will never be anything more than a faceless "internet pro". I don't pretend to champion DN, but i can say one thing about him, regardless of Daniel's poker skill, he is a seriously savy business man, who has done more with his life in 30 years than you will probably do in 80. When you bust your crews bankroll, you are going to be sitting in your living room wondering why the hell you missed out on all the opportunity that people like Doyle, DN, Ivey, etc etc are taking full advantage of. These so called "tournament pro's" are setting their legacy up for the long haul, while in 2 months from now, you are going to be nothing more than an afterthought.Id love to see you play anyone live. For one, you'd probably be as quiet as a pussycat. You'd have no computer monitor to hide your fat @ss, and your mouth wouldn't quite work the same when you have to look someone in the face. Im sure once DN busts you, he'll toss you a bone so you can fly back to whatever basement you call home, and lick your wounds. Grow the F up and be a man donkclown, this isn't 10th grade, regardless of how much you want it to be.btw: ill be in vegas 18th through the 24th of january. Why dont you guys set up your live match sometime then so i can watch :oops: