i hate limit hold-em

ya know what I hate the most about limit hold-em mother fucking RIVER-RATSFour hands in a row I had the best hand untill the river !!no no not a bad beat just pissed !!

ya know what I hate the most about limit hold-em mother fucking RIVER-RATSFour hands in a row I had the best hand untill the river !!no no not a bad beat just censored !!
That's what you get for checking your nuts to the river. Don't let donkeys draw!! Seriously though, it's much more difficult to push people off of draws in LHE. Just tighten up. Play fewer hands, and play them hard. Good luck

I love limit hold'em, and I love river rats. When I lose to a bad beat in No Limit, all my money is gone. When I lose to a bad beat in limit, I write off a few big bets, say nice hand, add them to my buddy list, and keep going.Ray

ya know what I hate the most about limit hold-em mother fucking RIVER-RATSFour hands in a row I had the best hand untill the river !!no no not a bad beat just censored !!
That's what you get for checking your nuts to the river. Don't let donkeys draw!! Seriously though, it's much more difficult to push people off of draws in LHE. Just tighten up. Play fewer hands, and play them hard. Good luck
i'll try !!
I love limit hold'em, and I love river rats. When I lose to a bad beat in No Limit, all my money is gone. When I lose to a bad beat in limit, I write off a few big bets, say nice hand, add them to my buddy list, and keep going.Ray
Spoken like a true limit player!! I love playing any game limit. If you know what you're doing, the rewards are great.

Any time you go to the river as a 9:1 favorite, for example, you win 90% of the pot no matter what card comes. Think of it that way. The bad-beats and suck-outs represent you losing 10% of the pot. You're okay with losing 10% of every pot aren't you?Conversely, every time you win as a 9:1 favorite you are getting "overpaid". You only deserver 90% of the pot. You're going to have to pay that 10% back sooner or later.I love playing against people who are willing to win 10% of the pot and give me the other 90% over and over. I dont mind them taking their 10%, and I dont mind them feeling like poker gods while doing it. If they ever realize they only get 10%, they might stop doing it.

I've just started playing limit full time again and it's certainly tilt-inducing, seeing 10 suck outs in a row makes you want to give up. So I just 8 table LHE now and never get to see the result, it helps!
How big of a monitor do you use to 8 table? Can you fit 4 on the screen without interfering?

too many people try to play limit like no limit. They're 2 different games. Most people who know how to play limit don't complain about getting drawn out on, it's part of the game, you just have to limit the chances you allow.If it's a single donk, you'll make money in the long run. If you're letting 3-4 people go to the river with you, you need to read a book.

200.jpgHere, have one.
Cry me a river.No, dont bother. Don't even bother crying me a flop. Cry me a preflop fold.
200.jpgHere, have one.
thanks i'm due for a crap!! :wink:
If it's a single donk, you'll make money in the long run. If you're letting 3-4 people go to the river with you, you need to read a book.
Wrong. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain this to you right now, but you make more money with each chaser and you can expect to have several in most small stakes games. Go read SSHE.
too many people try to play limit like no limit. They're 2 different games. Most people who know how to play limit don't complain about getting drawn out on, it's part of the game, you just have to limit the chances you allow.If it's a single donk, you'll make money in the long run. If you're letting 3-4 people go to the river with you, you need to read a book.
Bingo Bango you hit the nail on the head. I love the NL chumps to come over to limit and bluff all their chips off to calling stations like myself.

didn't read most of the replies, just adding my 2 schillingsdo any of you think that there could be a big difference between small stakes limit HE/NLHE as compared to high stakes HE/NLHE?In my eyes, when it comes to small stakes hold'em, NL is way more profitable than limit, you charge the price for all the fish to draw, not just a few big bets.when it comes to high stakes, than I believe that limit may actually be more profitable than NL, where people acutally know that a fold button exists, and that if they want to draw, its going to cost them hundreds instead of just a measly $3 bucks. I am not trying to bash limit or say that limit is better than NL, this is just my honest opinion, it all depends on what stakes you are playing.

didn't read most of the replies, just adding my 2 schillingsdo any of you think that there could be a big difference between small stakes limit HE/NLHE as compared to high stakes HE/NLHE?
Of course there is. All limit HE is different from all NLHE; small-stakes limit HE is different from high-stakes limit HE; and small-stakes NLHE is different from high-stakes NLHE.The general difference between small-stakes games and high-stakes games is that by and large the players are simpler in the small-stakes games than in the high-stakes games. In the small-stakes games you generally win by showing down the best hand. In the high-stakes games you have more opportunities to win by forcing better hands than yours to fold.There are bad players at all levels, of course. But a bad player who lasts any length of time at all at high-stakes games will necessarily pick up survival skills appropriate for those stakes.
I used to feel this way...but now I LUV Limit....pot odds...are great.....and you don't get killed when someone sucs out on you......the $$$ made is slo and steady......so losses are smaller......I know it doesn't have the "GLAMORE" of "ALL IN" but less minefields to travel..........jmo :-)

A great quote from an article in CP magazine:"No-Limit Hold 'em is hours of boredom mixed with moments of terror. Limit Hold'em is constant terror"It is extreemely difficult to win consistently in NL Hold'em, there is always going to be the hand with trips over trips or some donk on a draw that hits for all of your $. Limit Hold'em is a 'saftey net' for the BR. I played NL for years with my BR going up and down like a Yo-Yo, I recently switched to Limit and have been crushing games (yes..I get sucked out on quite a bit, however, its easier not to tilt when the pot is only 10BBs). I consistently make 5.9BBs/100 at levels of 3/6 and 5/10 -- I played over 35 hours last weekend and made 1700 (about 5.5BBs/100), there were times I was down 50BBs (i.e. variance) but all in all I could have lost a good chunk of my BR in a NL game on those hands.I never understood when another FCPer told me this piece of wisdom, however I get it now "Limit Holdem is where the $ is"...I think it was Smash BTW.

A great quote from an article in CP magazine:"No-Limit Hold 'em is hours of boredom mixed with moments of terror.  Limit Hold'em is constant terror"
Whoever wrote this was reffering to the big major tournaments (i.e. WSOP, WPT), not NL ring games. In no way do you ever spend hours of boredom playing small stakes NL short handed games, in fact, its the exact oppossite
It is extreemely difficult to win consistently in NL Hold'em, there is always going to be the hand with trips over trips or some donk on a draw that hits for all of your $.
I guess that same situation never works in your favor either then, where you rob other players for their whole stack when your a huge favorite, and not just a an extra big bet. FYI, it isn't that difficult to win consistently in NLHE, there are tons of players here cleaning up NL games showing huge profits.not saying NL is better than limit, just adding my 2 pesos.