FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

Jeff, one night if you want, tell Brad or I what tourney you're in, and when you're a little way from the bubble, let us rail you and tell us each hand. Brad used to rail tourneys that I was in and we'd talk about each, and I learned a ton, especially on spots to be more aggressive and where to accumulate chips. Sure, sometimes you've got to get lucky, and the plays don't always work, but when you get going, there are times you can amass a huge stack, and that's when you're going to make good money instead of barely cracking the bubble. I'm not great, but I've always done fairly well in MTTs. These days, when Brad and I chat about tourneys, it's really pretty gross, but we'll both type the same thing at the same time, and both typically have the same reads now as to when to make a move and when it's time to cut the loss.
True Story.Be glad to help.
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Jeff, one night if you want, tell Brad or I what tourney you're in, and when you're a little way from the bubble, let us rail you and tell us each hand. Brad used to rail tourneys that I was in and we'd talk about each, and I learned a ton, especially on spots to be more aggressive and where to accumulate chips. Sure, sometimes you've got to get lucky, and the plays don't always work, but when you get going, there are times you can amass a huge stack, and that's when you're going to make good money instead of barely cracking the bubble. I'm not great, but I've always done fairly well in MTTs. These days, when Brad and I chat about tourneys, it's really pretty gross, but we'll both type the same thing at the same time, and both typically have the same reads now as to when to make a move and when it's time to cut the loss.
True Story.Be glad to help.
Done and Done. I'll definitely take you up on it. I seem to have a good strategy early, basically playing very tight and looking for one spot to double up prior to the first break.
PokerStars Tournament #56225569, No Limit Hold'emBuy-In: $55.00/$5.009 playersTotal Prize Pool: $495.00 Tournament started - 2007/07/23 - 01:44:22 (ET)Dear specbrad,You finished the tournament in 1st place.A $247.50 award has been credited to your Real Money account.Congratulations!Thank you for participating.
cha-ching.well done.
PokerStars Tournament #56225569, No Limit Hold'emBuy-In: $55.00/$5.009 playersTotal Prize Pool: $495.00 Tournament started - 2007/07/23 - 01:44:22 (ET)Dear specbrad,You finished the tournament in 1st place.A $247.50 award has been credited to your Real Money account.Congratulations!Thank you for participating.
Nice cash!
welcome to Florida during the summer. It will rain in Orlando every day sometime between 4-6 for about half an hour. Then it will be so humid and sticky you'll spend about $90 on bottled water. EnjoySidenote - Nothing like the scent of rotting fish as you're driving across the bridge to start your week.
Why are they rotting? Is there a cannery or something?
I guess as always we will not find something that works for everyone.Alan, Denny, John, Kristen, Henry, Norm, Sharon, Chris, Burgandy, Stan?, Scott? If someone wanted to step up to get the tickets and have everyone give them $80 bucks or whatever when they get here that would be the best thing. If not we can totally do something else. I think I'm done thinking about it until I get back from vacation next Monday.
If we're doing this, I'll put the tickets on my card. If we're not, we could just take the taxis downtown and eat somewhere there before doing the bar crawl. Chicken,what do you like to eat downtown? Josh,So will you tell us the story of your babies' mama and how you ended up with the beautiful babies but not the mama?Why can't you buy Phat Pharm at the Big and Tall store?Favorite food?What exactly do you do for a job, again?Who's your favorite character on Firefly?
Why are they rotting? Is there a cannery or something?
I heard we were having red tide here last week, so I'm guessing that is the cause. It basically chokes the oxygen out of the water and kills a lot of fish. It usually happens once or twice a year around here.

Off to Cheesecake Factory for lunch, see you folks later.I would also like to take you guys up on your offer for railing and advice. thank you.cards live, pots monsters.

Josh,So will you tell us the story of your babies' mama and how you ended up with the beautiful babies but not the mama?I hope you don't want a novel...We met working at Blockbuster, we had a sort of on and off fling for a few months and I left Blockbuster but we kept in touch. About 6-8 months after that we decided to try having an actual relationship. A month later she was pregnant, that didn't go very well. At one point she went nuts and refused to talk with me for 3 months during her pregnancy. Eventually we got back together, we were on again off again for a few years. Once night I got really drunk at a co-workers birthday party and was supposed to watch Jalen the next morning, so I just went to her place at like 5am, ended up conceiving Amara because she got on top for seconds and didn't get off in time. Thats how I ended up with two kids. Why I'm not with her... cause she's a fucking complete psycho.Why can't you buy Phat Pharm at the Big and Tall store? Because middle aged white women thought it was an insulting brand nameFavorite food? Homemade enchiladasWhat exactly do you do for a job, again? I work in the network operations center at Mediacom, my job is pretty varied. My job title is Tier 4 NOC Tools and Development. I do some web design, I'm primary contact for support on a couple of our tools that are used in the company to monitor network performance, I hang out on conference calls, I do some troubleshooting on random issues.Who's your favorite character on Firefly? If I had to pick I guess I would go with Capitan Reynolds.
josh,vodka or gin? Vodkabowl or blunt? Blunt - Haven't touched the stuff in probably 10 years though.shrooms or cid? I never liked eating regular mushrooms so I never tried shrooms, I have to go with cid.
Do you like Fried Chicken and Collard Greens?What's the proper juice to drink in a "Gin and Juice"?Is your mind on your money or is your money on your mind?When Alan says "fo shizzle" do you think to yourself, "Damn, I'd like to pop a cap in his cracker ass?"
God damn you.
Like you didn't know Jeffrey was going to be the first to go there with the questions.
Not exactly what I meant, but still.Anyway,Josh, Full name?Born when and where?Where exactly do you live now?Have you seen at least some of the Pam/Tommy tape?F,M,K,T,S,A with the regular ladies?What does your screen name mean?
Why can't you buy Phat Pharm at the Big and Tall store? Because middle aged white women thought it was an insulting brand name
They're always trying to keep the black man down
I heard we were having red tide here last week, so I'm guessing that is the cause. It basically chokes the oxygen out of the water and kills a lot of fish. It usually happens once or twice a year around here.
Blech. Josh,Are you close with your mom?What's the story on your dad and all the kids?FMKTSA: Jeffrey, Blue, Dustin, Brett, Logan, Jarret?
Like you didn't know Jeffrey was going to be the first to go there with the questions.
I was actually thinking of The Gourds version of Gin and Juice when I was writing that. side note: Orange Drink was a great answer. I remember in elemantary school and camp when they made those non-carbonated orange drinks in the small cartons just like the milk. That stuff was good.Oh, and speaking of Orange Drink, Favorite Crush flavor?Crush or Fanta?Is Fresca the best tequila mixer ever?Why is Fresca the hardest carbonated beverage ever to find in the US?And why are there so many songs about rainbows?
Josh, Full name? Joshua A. BarrBorn when and where? September 9th, 1976 - I don't recall what cityWhere exactly do you live now? Des Moines, IAHave you seen at least some of the Pam/Tommy tape? YepF,M,K,T,S,A with the regular ladies?F - Spice, do I need to explain it?M - Nik, our inner geeks are similar, plus she would hook me up with some of her friends!K - Sharon, I don't like ferrets - sorryT - Shaver, and take a pic during it to see if she is flipping off the cameraS - Allie, shes a nurse and probably does more to help others... plus she needs to keep pervs away from her daughterA - Renae, since she is so against taking it in the pooper, I'm hoping she would be gentle.What does your screen name mean? It's actually a gaming name I started using a long time ago. It came from a random name generator on some game probably 10-12 years ago, I liked it and have been using it for various online things ever since.

Born when and where? September 9th, 1976 - I don't recall what cityWhere exactly do you live now? Des Moines, IASame b-day as my MIL husband. Yes I am older than him. Do you see where the disdain comes from? Do you?What's it like being the only black man in IA?

I was actually thinking of The Gourds version of Gin and Juice when I was writing that. side note: Orange Drink was a great answer. I remember in elemantary school and camp when they made those non-carbonated orange drinks in the small cartons just like the milk. That stuff was good.Oh, and speaking of Orange Drink, Favorite Crush flavor?Crush or Fanta?Is Fresca the best tequila mixer ever?Why is Fresca the hardest carbonated beverage ever to find in the US?And why are there so many songs about rainbows?
Fresca is damn tasty. I've never had it with tequila. I need to try this. Josh,So is your name Joshua but you hate it or is it really just Josh?Do you think (if the show ever were to come back) that Mal and Inara should just get it on?Do you make noises when you get off on a girl? If Jalen wanted to pierce his ears would you let him?
Born when and where? September 9th, 1976 - I don't recall what cityWhere exactly do you live now? Des Moines, IASame b-day as my MIL husband. Yes I am older than him. Do you see where the disdain comes from? Do you?What's it like being the only black man in IA?
Okay sticky, settle down. BREATHE....
Born when and where? September 9th, 1976 - I don't recall what cityWhere exactly do you live now? Des Moines, IASame b-day as my MIL husband. Yes I am older than him. Do you see where the disdain comes from? Do you?
Ewwww....