FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

So...Wake and bake.Television.Lunch, water and ganj.Television.Dinner and ganj.Bar Poker with free drinks because you or Toni makes a final table.Pre-bedtime bake.Nookie.Start again.edit: Poker can be replaced with other gambling i.e. Ponies.
you left out Olympics on TV and Olympics online.
  • Like 1
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Back to work. It was very nice to have some time off. We are down by 4 officers, which in a small Dept. is a lot. The schedule is pretty gummed up for the next several months as we train new officers. We have 2 new that started in the last week but they wont be on their own for about 3 months. Needless to say, OT will be had by all.I have officially moved into the new place. I turned in the keys to the apt. yesterday. I am very much liking the new place. I have yet to take and or attempt to post a picture of the view but I will do so soon.
Pics or it didn't happen!

I go back to work tomorrow. As usual, I am filled with trepidation about the changes that will almost certainly be in store, but it's worse this year because we have new administration. I am a peon and therefore powerless to change the changes. They usually screw the staff the worst. I'm sure it will be fine once I get used to it, but ugh.

you left out Olympics on TV and Olympics online.
I am feeling very unAmerican of late, I have yet to watch any of the Olympic events. I'm feeling very, I don't know, blah? about them this go round. I just can't seem to get excited about them.
Pics or it didn't happen!
I know, right. I have yet to even attempt to take any pics of the new place. I am really not getting with this whole night shift thing. I will make a concerted effort to take pictures.
I go back to work tomorrow. As usual, I am filled with trepidation about the changes that will almost certainly be in store, but it's worse this year because we have new administration. I am a peon and therefore powerless to change the changes. They usually screw the staff the worst. I'm sure it will be fine once I get used to it, but ugh.
Just do what I do, tell them, "Yes sir/ma'am!" and them do it the way you always did it before.
  • Like 1
Either I suck at making kale chips or kale chips just suck.
Never had them but Kale chips sound like they would just suck.
You're already getting screwed, so shouldn't be anything new.

Good afternoon folks, caught up.I concur on the sucking of the kale chips.It's been a couple hours now, how's the new boss working out Dustin?

I don't know if I mentioned it or not but through some weird forces of nature, my gf and I currently have 3 German Shepherds. Believe me, that is a lot of dogs. So tonight as I was getting ready for work the smallest one, Berlin, got her foot caught in between two cinder block steps at the house and nearly degloved one of her rear feet. She was a super trooper about the whole thing and she ended up with five stitches at the clinic.That is another issue with living out in the middle of no where. The vet only travels out here every 6 weeks or so. There was no vet in town but luckily one of the clinic personnel helped out.In other news, we have been trying to sell a piano that we inherited with the house. Its a beautiful piano but its just too big and takes up too much space. Well, tonight I sold it! This is a wonderful thing.Lastly, I am teaching an 8 hour firearms class tonight for 3 of our new officers. This should be fun. 4 hours of classroom and 4 hours of range. The weather has been awesome and I hope it stays that way. (did I just jinx that?)

It's been a couple hours now, how's the new boss working out Dustin?
Good so far, it seems like he'll be much easier to get along with than the last one.
Once you get finished with school, can you be the boss?
I'm mostly done with school, I'm working on my CPA right now. Once I'm done with that I will probably have to take between 1 and 4 more classes just to satisfy some state requirements. Hopefully I'll only have to take 1 because it will just be a waste of money, I only need hours in business classes, they serve no other purpose.Based on the resume of the guy we just hired I won't ever be the controller here. I think the best I can hope for here is that we grow enough that a new position has to be created that would be a promotion. Our accounting manager has been here since the company started so I doubt she will be leaving anytime soon. I may have to look around once I pass the CPA.
threedogsfromhouse.jpgHere are the dogs. They are above the house. We have a 1 acre lot. From the left we have Kaliko, Napa, Berlin.
Good looking dogs. I'd like to get one but probably won't as long as I am in a condo. It would also have to be under 30 lbs if I got one now.Not a bad view either, I miss the mountains.
threedogsfromhouse.jpgHere are the dogs. They are above the house. We have a 1 acre lot. From the left we have Kaliko, Napa, Berlin.
Pretty view and doggies!

Buddy just texted me and said they posted the new shifts at work.Looks like I may have to cut out some of my late nights. Ended up with 8:15a-6:15p, off Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.Not really sure how I feel about it. Hate the early starts and hate that I'm still working Sundays, but 3 days off is nice. Who knows, maybe I'll actually become a more productive person by waking up in the morning?All I know is it's going to be a big change. I woke up today at 1:45p.

The firearms training went well and I didn't jinx the weather. It was gorgeous. All three of the plebes were actually pretty good weapons handlers and marksmen so wasn't much to correct. I sure look and feel old next to these young kids.