• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

So the excitement continues. We had a massive ammonia leak from a vessel this morning and are still in the process of trying to get it cleaned up. We can't turn off the leak because of the amount of ammonia in the confined space of the hold of the ship so we are just trying to keep it surpressed while it vents. The whole town stinks like ammonia to some extent or another. Well that's not exactly true, the whole town stinks like the odorific substance that is added to ammonia so that you can smell the cloud before it kills you.And of course because half the town is shut down, everyone has decided to go to the bar and drink. Should be a fun night.
Does it smell like pee? First peeing instead of water breaking and now the whole town smells bad.
There is nothing added to ammonia (especially anhydrous ammonia which is probably what's on the ship.) NH3 is caustic and nasty all by itself. I worked with it for years and have a fairly high tolerance,You are probably thinking about household natural gas which is odorless and has mercaptan added to it to aid in detection of leaks.
Dave accidentally walked into an ammonia leak cloud once on the farm. He says it feels like you are drowning when you get a lung full.
Dave accidentally walked into an ammonia leak cloud once on the farm. He says it feels like you are drowning when you get a lung full.
To me it feels like you have forgotten how to breathe.

I've been painting and moving stuff in over the last couple days of my weekend. I really do not enjoy moving but the house we are moving into is very nice.So I am a pretty stereotypical white, heterosexual, male when it comes to style and fashion. I bring this up to open discussion on the painting we are doing in the new house. I have almost no opinion on what constitutes trendy or what looks good so I pretty much just do what I'm told and paint what I'm told to paint. We painted my 13 yo boy's room an off-white with an accent wall of kind of a royal blue. Now, first off, I didn't even know there was such a thing as an accent wall. But I think it looks pretty good. The contrast give the room some personality. Our room is going to have a red accent wall. Thoughts? opinions? is anyone there? Bueller? Bueller?

I've been painting and moving stuff in over the last couple days of my weekend. I really do not enjoy moving but the house we are moving into is very nice.So I am a pretty stereotypical white, heterosexual, male when it comes to style and fashion. I bring this up to open discussion on the painting we are doing in the new house. I have almost no opinion on what constitutes trendy or what looks good so I pretty much just do what I'm told and paint what I'm told to paint. We painted my 13 yo boy's room an off-white with an accent wall of kind of a royal blue. Now, first off, I didn't even know there was such a thing as an accent wall. But I think it looks pretty good. The contrast give the room some personality. Our room is going to have a red accent wall. Thoughts? opinions? is anyone there? Bueller? Bueller?
My room is a yellow gold with a deep red accent wall.
  • Like 1

Boring day today. I think I am too old for night shift. My body is not adjusting well. I liked it much better when I was a dayshifter but I do like being a supervisor. I guess there is a price for everything.

Well, It appears that trying to get a conversation going in here is somewhat problematic. I am the first to admit that I am really not much of a chatter box and small talk is also not my forte but damn it looks like I've missed the boat and this ship has sailed. I'm sorry that I've come late to the party and will not be able to have my cake and eat it too.Did you see what I did there? ^^

You used a few cliche's.Good evening folks, caught up. Grilling some chicken tonight before going to play some poker. Hope everyone is having a good Saturday.

You guys are on FB? Cool.Good evening folks, caught up. The Parting Glass Pub in Saratoga had a DILLIGAF Poker Tour event today. Free buy-in with a first place of $400. 82 players,and 2-20th got free stuff. Didn't make the money. Next time. Now it's a relaxing evening at home.

I made it to CA on Saturday. We are in SLO now and headed for LA tomorrow to visit Universal Studios. It should be fun. When we get back we'll have a few beach days.

Here's the thing about the site, roger. I assume most people are like me. I pop in once a day, see what was posted, and then that's it. We interact more on FB now.
Yeah, I figured most of the interaction was conducted on FB. I can't access FB at work and living in a small town I feel I am too exposed on FB to really let it hang out. I post my Top Chef stuff and say hello to a few people but don't do much else on FB.

I'm not sure it anyone is following the Shell Arctic drilling thing that has most of our town engrossed, but they had one of there offshore drilling rigs drag anchor and go aground in town. There was no damage to the rig but what a PR nightmare. Like they needed more bad press. To top it off they played it completely wrong and instead of playing to the things they did right in the situation, they tried to deny it even happened. Really? Deny? In this day of electronic communications? I was offduty and at home and knew about it with pictures before they had even gotten it off the beach.

It is finally Friday. I like Fridays, even though they are not Fridays for me, but Tuesdays. So, you ask, if Fridays are not Fridays but Tuesdays, why do you like them? Because, I answer, Friday is poker night and I have cards to play and cigars to smoke, that is why.

Poker night is always good. Hope you catch cards. We went to play last night in a tourney. $65 buy-in, I took second for $660. That will come in handy since the meet starts at the Saratoga Raceway. Opening day at the flat track is always fun.

• Like 1

Roger, I know what you mean about not posting certain things on fb. That being said, for some posts I limit my permissions, for example the thread on my page today that devolved into a discussion of Josh's nipples. The safer place to post is the fcpha group. I'll make sure you're invited if you're not already, but only group members can see those posts. Universal studios was a blast. Plus, my grandma brought her walker because she's fighting her sciatica right now so we didn't have to wait in any lines. It was awesome. The new King Kong 3D part of the Studio Tour that was directed by Peter Jackson was well done and the new Transformers ride was a real trip.We are enjoying San Luis Obispo now, relaxing and seeing movies. The coast is gorgeous as usual and the weather has been great. It would be better if Dave was here. I miss him.