FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

It's my Friday and I'll cry if I want to, cry if i want to. You would cry too if it happened to you. I am currently moving again. We have spent the last couple weeks cleaning out 20 years of filth and neglect but it now is starting to look like it's worth it. The house is very nice, high on the hill overlooking pretty much everything. The next couple of days we will start on the carpets and we should be moved in by the 15th. I'm actually pretty excited for the move.

• Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

So the excitement is building for the summer. We are expecting about 22 Shell Oil Ships, including two oil drill rigs, 1 Greenpeace Ship, the Esperanza, and 1 extra Coast Guard Cutter. Everyone says they are going to behave but who knows. I'm hoping that Linda Lawless shows up and I get to arrest her. I think if I get to arrest Xena Warrior Princess I can die a happy man.
Lucy Lawless. She was a Cylon, too.
So it's **** YoU Thursday and not **** You Friday?
Yep.
It's my Friday and I'll cry if I want to, cry if i want to. You would cry too if it happened to you.I am currently moving again. We have spent the last couple weeks cleaning out 20 years of filth and neglect but it now is starting to look like it's worth it. The house is very nice, high on the hill overlooking pretty much everything. The next couple of days we will start on the carpets and we should be moved in by the 15th. I'm actually pretty excited for the move.
Did you buy this place?

If you ever get a schedule K-1 in the mail for your taxes, hire someone. This has to be one of the most frustrating endeavours I have ever undertaken. Each required form points to another form. Some of the forms ask for information not even provided on the schdule k-1. It's all to do with being stockholders in a corporation (farm). I feel worse than I did trying to fix my water heater that one time years ago. I could punch a baby right now.

Chicken is sending me a new toner cartridge for my ancient but wonderful laserjet printer. It's nice to know famous dudes still have time to hook a bitch up.

I can't even imagine what the strip is going to look like with that construction done. Seriously, the renderings don't really help me. They just look like images from a video game.

Happy Fourth of July to those that celebrate. I have a couple of Angus steaks marinating in K.C.Masterpiece Steakhouse blend as I type. That will go with a shrimp cocktail, twice baked potato and corn on the cob. Cream puffs for dessert will round out the meal nicely.

• Like 2
Lucy Lawless. She was a Cylon, too.
I keep wanting to call her Linda Loveless so I mistakenly call her Linda Lawless instead of Lucy Lawless. Regarless, she is hot!
Yep.Did you buy this place?
No, it is owned by my girlfriends family. We are renting with and agreement that we will be reimbursed for any upgrades or repairs we make.
  • Like 1
Happy Fourth of July to those that celebrate. I have a couple of Angus steaks marinating in K.C.Masterpiece Steakhouse blend as I type. That will go with a shrimp cocktail, twice baked potato and corn on the cob. Cream puffs for dessert will round out the meal nicely.
Damn, now I'm hungry. This sounds like my type of meal.

I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable 4th of July. Our parade was pretty good as far as small town parades can be. The fireworks were awesome as usual. Its amazing how much money the city spends on fireworks. As I understand it we spend more then cities 10-20 times our size. Busy night at work. The shenanigans have begun.

• Like 1

So, I was just sitting here thinking of something witty or profound to say and was drawing a blank. Work is starting slow for tonight, which after the last couple of nights is ok. Lots of paperwork to catch up on. I'm in charge of the police blotter this last week and I get a small thrill when the Anchorage Daily News picks up some of my entries and reposts them. Here is one of my favorites for the week;Dispatch received a 911 call from a besotted individual reporting that his female friend was having a baby. Dispatch had information that the friend was not in fact pregnant. Officers responded and confirmed that no birth was imminent. The original caller stated he believed his heavily intoxicated friend’s water had broken all over his bedroom floor. Officers pointed out that it was more likely his friend urinated on his floor. People get a kick out of the blotter and we kind of spice up the verbage to try and appear witty, but honestly, you just can't make this shit up. I hope everyone has a wonderful night and day tomorrow. Peace, love, and happiness.

• Like 1
So, I was just sitting here thinking of something witty or profound to say and was drawing a blank. Work is starting slow for tonight, which after the last couple of nights is ok. Lots of paperwork to catch up on. I'm in charge of the police blotter this last week and I get a small thrill when the Anchorage Daily News picks up some of my entries and reposts them. Here is one of my favorites for the week;Dispatch received a 911 call from a besotted individual reporting that his female friend was having a baby. Dispatch had information that the friend was not in fact pregnant. Officers responded and confirmed that no birth was imminent. The original caller stated he believed his heavily intoxicated friend’s water had broken all over his bedroom floor. Officers pointed out that it was more likely his friend urinated on his floor. People get a kick out of the blotter and we kind of spice up the verbage to try and appear witty, but honestly, you just can't make this shit up. I hope everyone has a wonderful night and day tomorrow. Peace, love, and happiness.
Some of those are great.
That's awesome. Seriously.

So the excitement continues. We had a massive ammonia leak from a vessel this morning and are still in the process of trying to get it cleaned up. We can't turn off the leak because of the amount of ammonia in the confined space of the hold of the ship so we are just trying to keep it surpressed while it vents. The whole town stinks like ammonia to some extent or another. Well that's not exactly true, the whole town stinks like the odorific substance that is added to ammonia so that you can smell the cloud before it kills you.And of course because half the town is shut down, everyone has decided to go to the bar and drink. Should be a fun night.

There is nothing added to ammonia (especially anhydrous ammonia which is probably what's on the ship.) NH3 is caustic and nasty all by itself. I worked with it for years and have a fairly high tolerance,You are probably thinking about household natural gas which is odorless and has mercaptan added to it to aid in detection of leaks.

You are correct. I was thinking that it was colorless AND odorless and that the pungent smell was an additive, but its actually a charactoristic. It is nasty stuff and the ship is currently venting between 5000 and 20000 pounds of it depending on if all the tanks ended up venting.

I can't even imagine what the strip is going to look like with that construction done. Seriously, the renderings don't really help me. They just look like images from a video game.
It makes me want to stay downtown the next time I go.