FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

Have a safe trip and hurry back to us.
I second this!!Have a safe flight and great vacation K!!I have to stop napping with the kid in the morning, it screws up my whole sleeping sched. It is up to you all to keep me entertained during morning naps now! Thanks.
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Effective July 31st, I am no longer a slave to the corporate machine. Instead, I will be pursuing the lower-paying, shakier-future career of being a bowling pro shop operator. Very exciting to be liberated. This is gonna be my time. Time to taste the fruits and let the juices drip down my chin. I proclaim this - the Summer of Log!
Congrats on getting out of the dildo business
You're really jacked up for NFL Preseason?
Just NFL in general, yes I'm excited. Obviously CANT WAIT for regular season, but Preseason is closer and thus what I am looking forward to first.
Actually starting this month my truck insurance just dropped to $340 a month. I was over the moon. We pay about $750 a month in car insurances and my truck payment of $500 a month. Granted I've had my licence suspended so that's probably why it's so high.
That is just insane
I bought my own car as well as paid for my own gas and repairs and insurance.I have no idea what we pay for insurance - or anything else for that matter - but Ozz tells me we pay about $1500 a year for both our cars full coverage.
We pay $1091/year for full coverage on Denny's SUV and my Jeep. It just went up to $1291 when we added Bethanys car yesterday. We do not have to add her to our policy until she turns 16 (Sept 7). He said to expect at least another $1000 at that point.
So, I'm getting up uber early to get on a plane to CA. We're bringing Raist's laptop (smaller than mine) so I'll be checking in, but my grandma doesn't have internet so unless one of her neighbors has an unsecured internet connection, I'll be posting from a Starbucks or whatever when the opportunities arise. I'll be gone until the 30th.
SAFE TRAVELS! HAVE A BLAST!
On a sad note, some friends of Dave and mine lost their 5 year old boy early this morning. He was the youngest of three. He had a clotting disorder and took a fall that was seemingly minor, but caused a brain bleed. I can't imagine their anguish, and as much as I complain about my own kids being difficult, I wouldn't want to go through life without them.
Seriously, I can't even begin to imagine. So awful. Has to be about the worst possible thing someone could go through in life.
Effective July 31st, I am no longer a slave to the corporate machine. Instead, I will be pursuing the lower-paying, shakier-future career of being a bowling pro shop operator. Very exciting to be liberated. This is gonna be my time. Time to taste the fruits and let the juices drip down my chin. I proclaim this - the Summer of Log!
Awesome man! Congrats!So I've been asked to meet with the owner and my sales manager in about 25 minutes (9 am cst). Guess I'll finally figure out what is going on and if I am still going to be employed here.

My 16 y/o bro's facebook status update last night after getting home from the Bob Dylan/John Mellencamp/Willie Nelson concret with my parents: "yay to second hand weed smoke."Awesome.

So Bethany is has been in PA with her dad all week and is there this week. Appears he has bought her an old '96 Pontiac Sunfire that will be coming back with her.Odds on how much insurance is going to be on this mug?
He bought the car.. he should foot the insurance..
Pretty sure it was my theory. Get a new theory, theory slut.You're mean parent if you make her pay for insurance. I had to put in my own gas and do repairs but my parents paid the insurance. Thanks mom and step dad!
My parents made us all buy our own cars, insure them in our own name ourselves, pay for gas and repairs.. they said you want it, you pay for it.. So he is not so mean..
On a sad note, some friends of Dave and mine lost their 5 year old boy early this morning. He was the youngest of three. He had a clotting disorder and took a fall that was seemingly minor, but caused a brain bleed. I can't imagine their anguish, and as much as I complain about my own kids being difficult, I wouldn't want to go through life without them.
Geezz that's horrible
Also, your comment about the small laptop reminded me that I bought one of those Dell Mini's. It's badass. Pretty low-frills, but it's just gonna be for internet access basically. I wanted to get the smallest one possible for the upcoming trip and this came out to about $340 with the case. It's gonna be really convenient.
That's what I wanted for my Bday!! How is it? Chris keeps insisting that he wants to buy me the Toshiba instead of the Dell because the Toshiba offers all the same everything except longer battery life than the Dell.
That's what I wanted for my Bday!! How is it? Chris keeps insisting that he wants to buy me the Toshiba instead of the Dell because the Toshiba offers all the same everything except longer battery life than the Dell.
I bought Nancy the acer from walmart for her one christmas and the thing was an absolute champ.
by choice, congrats?
Very sweet. It'll be nice to do something you really enjoy.
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked. Working with a lot of old friends, doing something I love and know I'm good at, and being the man in charge. It'll be fun.
WTG! This should be exciting. Do you get to keep the righteous mutton chops?
I actually already dropped the stache, but I do still have my burns. Those aren't going anywhere. I'm semi-courting a young lady, and figured the stache probably wasn't helping my chances, since she's already so far out of my league physically it's ridiculous. Luckily, I'm so goddamn charming it evens out.
Logan, voluntary or not?Either way, Excellent! Ya gotta do something you love doing! :club:
Voluntary, good sir. Been in the works for a couple of months - this is the main reason I didn't make it to Vegas this year, since we weren't sure when this was all going to go down. Could've happened any time in the last couple of months.Thanks!
Congrats on getting out of the dildo business
I'll miss all the big floppy purple ones most of all.
by choice, congrats?
Yeah, I'm probably the only person stupid enough to voluntarily quit a decent paying gig in this economy. Oh well - mom and stepdad just re-modeled, so if I crap out, I'll just move into their garage and start making book or something.

Here are the year-by-year counts of 35-and-older pitchers in the top 40 beginning with 2002, the last year without any kind of testing for PEDs: 8, 6, 7, 5, 6, 3, 3, 0.

Geeepers C#$%@$% ^@%ADF $@#$%@$!I got a lot of thinking to do tonight.Long story short .... I'm fired from my existing job but I have been offered another job within the company that has a 20% pay cut but has a side commission incentive. I was asked to physically sign onto the new job this morning in the meeting but I did not sign anything as I really need to figure out what all the pros/cons are.My initial thinking is the side commission will not make up for the 20% pay cut and that is the cut from just my base. Right now I make base PLUS commission. This is essentially the same thing with out as many commission opportunities and a 20% pay cut.It is also an inside position versus an outside position so there would be no more traveling, sales appointments, quotas, etc which I guess is kinda cool.It's hourly vs salary which means back to a time clock, ugh.We mathematically can not live on a 20% paycut so I need to quickly figure out if A) I even want this position and B) If I do want it what will the new numbers realistically be. Hey, it's more than unemployment pays so I got that going for me I guess.So frustrating. Will basically be making about what I made when I started here near 11 years ago once again and let's face it, money now is not the same as money 11 years ago.Not sure if this is going to work longterm at all.