if daniel won the main event

If Daniel were some how eventually able to get through the huge number of players and win the main event--along with all the other tournament credentials he's racked up in the past few years--do you think he could undoubtedly be called the greatest tournament poker player of all time?

I = SuckerFT at 100K guaranteed at Bodog = $1600 = greatest tournament player ever!
Nice cash, man.In all seriousness though, No.DN probably needs another 5 or 6 bracelets to be considered in that group. He's one of the top tournament players, and he's had success in a lot of different games(LHE, NLHE, O8b, Razz, Stud), but, when there's guys with 10 WSOP bracelets and what not, it's tough to call him the best of all time.
I = SuckerFT at 100K guaranteed at Bodog = $1600 = greatest tournament player ever!
Nice cash, man.In all seriousness though, No.DN probably needs another 5 or 6 bracelets to be considered in that group. He's one of the top tournament players, and he's had success in a lot of different games(LHE, NLHE, O8b, Razz, Stud), but, when there's guys with 10 WSOP bracelets and what not, it's tough to call him the best of all time.
Agreed and good morning to you...looks like we are about it this early....

If he starts 2006 by winning a couple of WPT events, then has a world series where he makes two to three final tables and picks up a bracelet going into the main event.That will open up some eyes :shock:

If he starts 2006 by winning a couple of WPT events, then has a world series where he makes two to three final tables and picks up a bracelet going into the main event.That will open up some eyes   :shock:
Hah!Yeah..and if he shoots lightning out of his ass, it'd garner a little bit of attention.
if dn won the main event, there would be mass hysteria, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together...
what does DN winning the main event have to do with that??? those are my hobbies :twisted:
if dn won the main event, there would be mass hysteria, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together...
what does DN winning the main event have to do with that??? those are my hobbies :twisted:
I loooooooove your avatar.
I needed a good Bill Murray quote this morning thanks. :club:
You might need Bill Murray, but I need Napalm.
DN probably needs another 5 or 6 bracelets to be considered in that group. He's one of the top tournament players, and he's had success in a lot of different games(LHE, NLHE, O8b, Razz, Stud), but, when there's guys with 10 WSOP bracelets and what not, it's tough to call him the best of all time.
Can we really just measure tournament poker players by the number of WSOP bracelets that they have? Hellmuth has 9, and Daniel only has 3, but I'd still consider Daniel a better all around tournament player simply because he seemingly has won more tournaments at different games, won more money and been more consistent over his short career.Nowadays with a $10,000 buy-in even almost every single week, I don't think you can really measure tournaments players strictly by how well they do in the WSOP. Especially in the future, since it is slowly being transformed into the World Series of Hold'em.What is your choice for the best overall tournament player of all time, right now?
danny nguyen
:?: Are you lost?
greatest poker player of all time. or maybe kanter. sooooper skills
And this relates to this topic....how?
it doesn't
Can we really just measure tournament poker players by the number of WSOP bracelets that they have? Hellmuth has 9, and Daniel only has 3, but I'd still consider Daniel a better all around tournament player simply because he seemingly has won more tournaments at different games, won more money and been more consistent over his short career.Nowadays with a $10,000 buy-in even almost every single week, I don't think you can really measure tournaments players strictly by how well they do in the WSOP.  Especially in the future, since it is slowly being transformed into the World Series of Hold'em.What is your choice for the best overall tournament player of all time, right now?
A couple things..-How do you propose we quantify it? By winnings? Joe Hachem's your man then.-This is why I mentioned Daniel's performance in O8B, LHE, NLHE and Razz.-The last part I bolded, in of itself, is why I think some of Daniel's wins lose a little bit of shine.I can give you an argument for all of the following being the best tournament players of all time; Stu Ungar, Doyle Brunson, Joe Hachem, Greg Raymer, Daniel Negreanu, Gank, Phil Hellmuth.And really, you couldn't refute most of them.It's just so subjective. Daniel's tournament performance is very, very, very impressive. I don't disagree with that. I think it's hard to quantify though. And I think as long as there's players with more bracelets, and more winnings, it's tough to say that Daniel's better than everyone else. That's my point. I don't disagree with you necessarily. But I could poker a hole in every argument for every one person you tried to tell me was the best. That's all I'm sayin'.
If Daniel were some how eventually able to get through the huge number of players and win the main event--along with all the other tournament credentials he's racked up in the past few years--do you think he could undoubtedly be called the greatest tournament poker player of all time?
no