family guy or simpsons

Guest XXEddie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shocked that Family Guy is ahead (as of this post). I love both shows, but there's really no comparison between the two. Ignoring the arguments that the Family Guy wouldn't exist without the Simpsons and all the jokes it stole from the Simpsons, the Simpsons still comes out way ahead. In its prime (granted, I don't watch too many of the new episodes) the Simpsons was so astoundingly funny it's hard to comprehend. The humor on the Simpsons is just much more clever and subtle than the Family Guy. It has actual characters and the show can at times have deep meaning. I could go on and on really. Sorry, I rarely say that things like this are objective, but this one is really not even close.

All I can say is I laugh more during any randomly chosen episode of Family Guy than I do during any randomly chosen episode of the Simpsons (not allowing for picking from the last 4 years or so, that would really water down the Simpsons...), as such, that is where my vote goes.

I'm shocked that Family Guy is ahead (as of this post).  I love both shows, but there's really no comparison between the two.  Ignoring the arguments that the Family Guy wouldn't exist without the Simpsons and all the jokes it stole from the Simpsons, the Simpsons still comes out way ahead.  In its prime (granted, I don't watch too many of the new episodes) the Simpsons was so astoundingly funny it's hard to comprehend.  The humor on the Simpsons is just much more clever and subtle than the Family Guy.  It has actual characters and the show can at times have deep meaning.  I could go on and on really.  Sorry, I rarely say that things like this are objective, but this one is really not even close.
and the voice of reason has spoken.

I bet you all think Stewie is the funniest character on Family Guy, too.Nutball geezers. The Simpsons was actually funny within a structure. Family Guy relies completely on non sequiturs. It's a funny show, but they take pretty lame routes to get some of their jokes in. Ice

I have been a longtime fan of both, but give the edge to Family Guy.

All I can say is I laugh more during any randomly chosen episode of Family Guy than I do during any randomly chosen episode of the Simpsons (not allowing for picking from the last 4 years or so, that would really water down the Simpsons...), as such, that is where my vote goes.
Guest XXEddie
Thank God the Simpsons is winning.  Considering the slight sample bias (Family Guy fans are totally more likely to vote), this can be seen as a runaway victory for The Simpsons.WangWang
what??? are you high?what, are simpsons fans gonna be like "well I dont wanna vote"....yeah, simpsons is winning by 1 vote.....what a landslide
12 oz Mouse owns both the Simpsons and Family guy
I really can't watch this show for more than two minutes at a time. It gives me a headache. I'm more of an Aqua Teen Hunger Force guy myself.
Thank God the Simpsons is winning.  Considering the slight sample bias (Family Guy fans are totally more likely to vote), this can be seen as a runaway victory for The Simpsons.WangWang
what??? are you high?what, are simpsons fans gonna be like "well I dont wanna vote"....yeah, simpsons is winning by 1 vote.....what a landslide
1) You're stupid. You're a fucking moron, and I can't stand anything you have to say. You don't make sense most of the time. Most of the time, you make NO SENSE. That bolded portion... it's so dumb that I hate you. It doesn't mean anything, but I think it's rhetorical. 2) Actually, I... was high when I wrote that.3) I think Family Guy fans are more disposed to read/vote-in this poll than Simpsons fans. Family Guy fans are generally younger, and more insecure about their relative position in cartoon comedy lore. Simpsons fans are like MJ fans. We don't care so much, because we know. It's like west-coast voting when the east-coast and midwest are landslides... why in the fuckall would we ever come out to vote??4) Based on those things, I DO think that a +1 margin for the Simpsons is a pretty steady victory. It's the same as a liberal democrat barely losing Orange county or something. Just so everyone knows, I really hate this Eddie character. Not because he's ugly, but because he's very VERY stupid.Wangwang
1) You're stupid. You're a censored moron, and I can't stand anything you have to say. You don't make sense most of the time. Most of the time, you make NO SENSE. That bolded portion... it's so dumb that I hate you. It doesn't mean anything, but I think it's rhetorical. 2) Actually, I... was high when I wrote that.3) I think Family Guy fans are more disposed to read/vote-in this poll than Simpsons fans. Family Guy fans are generally younger, and more insecure about their relative position in cartoon comedy lore. Simpsons fans are like MJ fans. We don't care so much, because we know. It's like west-coast voting when the east-coast and midwest are landslides... why in the fuckall would we ever come out to vote??4) Based on those things, I DO think that a +1 margin for the Simpsons is a pretty steady victory. It's the same as a liberal democrat barely losing Orange county or something. Just so everyone knows, I really hate this Eddie character. Not because he's ugly, but because he's very VERY stupid.Wangwang
you must be a very lonely person if you sit around and think about lame sh*t like that.........Oh, and I am sure Eddie hates you too. And...uh...most of us don't really care who you hate or like...
you must be a very lonely person if you sit around and think about lame sh*t like that.........Oh, and I am sure Eddie hates you too. And...uh...most of us don't really care who you hate or like...
STELLAR response. Your subtle use of irony is both subtle and something else. Do you want to know how to swear? I'll teach you, but only if you ask nice, shithead.Wang