what percentage of your total winnings do aces rep..

Represent? (in lhe)Looking in my history, it's insane.More than 1/3rd of what im up is attributable to aces.Aces through jacks combined equal nearly 100% of what im up.Is that unusual?
I read an article where this was mentioned. I don't remember where and it was some time ago, so take this with a few tons of salt. It could have been in cardplayer, but I'm not sure.From what I recall of it, it said that pretty much that the winnings from aces through queens would be about the same as the amount you have won and that all the other hands just barely keeps you ahead of blinds and rake.Now that I think about it, it could have been just the author's observations of his own stats and not a general "fact".

I have finally atoned for my donkish past and am in the green for my Pokertracker stats. After 40K hands, I'm up a whopping $115. AA has accounted for $1100 in profits. AA-JJ has totaled more than $3K in profits, so no, your stats aren't that unusual.

That's crazy. If you were to remove aces, you'd actually be DOWN roughly $1,000 bucks at poker.It's worrying that so much rests on a single hand. Could anyone who has a large sample at mid-stakes or up LHE post their figures?

That's crazy. If you were to remove aces, you'd actually be DOWN roughly $1,000 bucks at poker.It's worrying that so much rests on a single hand. Could anyone who has a large sample at mid-stakes or up LHE post their figures?
You're right, it is pretty crazy.But that just goes to show how important those big hands really are. Everyone gets mad when somebody cracks your aces, but if you never got them, you'd be in for a pretty rough poker life.I need to go back and only look at the last 2 months or so. In that time , I'm up about $1000 playing 1/2 and 2/4. It would be interesting to see how much of that profit is because of AA-JJ. But I'm at work, and my PT database isn't.

AA and KK lead my winning totals by FAR. I too would be down without my AA winnings. Would probably be broke if you took away my KK winnings as well.Looking at Poker Tracker I also realized why JJ is such a hated hand. I have actually won with it about 50% of the time, but I am up about $1 with the hand. I really need to learn how to play it better postflop.

I've only got a small database on me.But over the last 5000 hands, AA-JJ represents about 40% of my winnings.I think this is skewed, though, because I've had queens about 18 times and I'm actually losing with them. I'm also not winning as much as I should win kings. Variance thing, and all.AA itself represents about 32% of my winnings.This is a really small sample, though. So take it as you will...Ice

I guess aces are just that much more profitable (and YOU play it that much more correctly), than ALL the other hands in Hold'em!I think I read that somewhere, the whole "aces are a good hand" bit.

Wow, it's even worse than I thought now that I look at it. Again, with 40K hands ranging from .5/1 through 3/6, I'm up $118 total (I know, but I'm getting better!). AA has netted me $1500, KK and QQ have given me about $1100 each, and AA-JJ accounts for over $4250 in profits!Over the last month, where I've won $900 in about 11K hands, AA-JJ has been worth over $1000. I'm losing overall with JJ, but QQ has an 80% win rate with 40 occurrences. Variance...

I read an article where this was mentioned. I don't remember where and it was some time ago, so take this with a few tons of salt. It could have been in cardplayer, but I'm not sure.From what I recall of it, it said that pretty much that the winnings from aces through queens would be about the same as the amount you have won and that all the other hands just barely keeps you ahead of blinds and rake.Now that I think about it, it could have been just the author's observations of his own stats and not a general "fact".
That was Matt Matros in the 11/25/05 issue of Card Player:
If we were never dealt A-A, K-K, or Q-Q in limit hold’em, almost all of us would be losing players.Go ahead, check your PokerTracker (or whatever software you use to keep track of your limit hold’em results). My combined profit with aces, kings, and queens is greater than my overall profit in limit hold’em. And I suspect this is true for almost all players who have a reasonable sample size. Now, we have to play a lot of other hands in limit hold’em to make up for the money we’re losing in the blinds, but the big pairs are the breadwinners — and that’s worth remembering.

If you look at your PokerTracker results[1], a lot more of your hands are going to be profitable than just AA, KK, and QQ.If you wanted to, you could pick and choose from among those to select the hands that are "responsible" for your win. Some thing like (pulling examples out of my butt) "All of my profit comes from suited connectors down to 98s plus A4s through A7s."What makes a claim like Matt Matros's interesting is that AA, KK, and QQ are by near-universal agreement the very best hands.[1] I play B&M games, and thus don't have this sort of information available to me

I just bought pokertracker yesterday and I only got like 15,000 hands in there.AA 66 times 1632.00 Profit 96.97% winrateKK 61 times 1251.33 Profit 83.61% winrateQQ 73 times 918.75 Profit 84.93% winrateJJ 58 times 1736.54 Profit 70.69% winrateTT 68 times 148.39 Profit 45.59% winrateAK off , 99 , and AJ off are my lowest.Kinda funny cause I only really raise AA through JJ.AJ off is probably the weakest link in my game.Maybe if I raised TT I could get some better numbers with it, who knows.When you organize my most profitable hands , AA through JJ is the top four. Pretty Interesting. I'm liking this poker tracker.

Guest Zach6668

AA is 23rd in my DB as far as total money won, believe it or not, and 13th as far BB/100 is concerned. I've only go 6500 hands in my DB, but I'm only up $14.75 with aces, out of a total of $469 in these hands. I'm only winning 56.76% of my bullets, and I've seen them 37 times.My most profitable hand in terms of absolute dollars is AKo, I've had that hand 60 times, and won 60% of them, netting me $201, nearlu half of all of my winnings.AQs is my most profitable hand in terms of BB/100, however.Zach

AA is 23rd in my DB as far as total money won, believe it or not, and 13th as far BB/100 is concerned. I've only go 6500 hands in my DB, but I'm only up $14.75 with aces, out of a total of $469 in these hands. I'm only winning 56.76% of my bullets, and I've seen them 37 times.My most profitable hand in terms of absolute dollars is AKo, I've had that hand 60 times, and won 60% of them, netting me $201, nearlu half of all of my winnings.AQs is my most profitable hand in terms of BB/100, however.Zach
I don't know Zach, I don't really know much about your style but I don't think its good that your AA winning percentage is that low. Do you limp with AA a lot, are you a passive player? You might want to find new ways to play them if you are losing that often with them. Unless you get really unlucky some of those 37 times.Opposite for me though, AK off is my third worst hand. Probably because some of the biggest pots I ever lost was with AK.
Guest Zach6668
I don't know Zach, I don't really know much about your style but I don't think its good that your AA winning percentage is that low. Do you limp with AA a lot, are you a passive player? You might want to find new ways to play them if you are losing that often with them. Unless you get really unlucky some of those 37 times.Opposite for me though, AK off is my third worst hand. Probably because some of the biggest pots I ever lost was with AK.
Yeah, I should have mentioned the suckouts against my AA... I'm definitely not limping them, would anyone who takes the time to post in strat really do that? :shock:And yeah, it was only 37 times. I was pretty concerned with that number when I saw it as well, but there wasn't much I could do, and it is a small sample, so I'm not too worried.If there is any point in which I am losing money with AA, it could be just going too far with them when it is likely I'm beat, however given my earlier aggressiveness, that pot is usually huge, and calling down isn't a big mistake.So, in conclusion, I'm unlucky.Zach
Guest Zach6668

example:Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A:diamond:, A:spade:. 1 fold, BB calls.Flop: (6.50 SB) 3:diamond:, K:heart:, 3:spade: (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, BB folds.Turn: (4.25 BB) T:club: (2 players)Hero bets, MP2 calls.River: (6.25 BB) T:spade: (2 players)Hero bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 10.25 BBJust one of the many suckouts I've become accustomed to when I have aces.BTW, villain had... KT.

Well even though 37 hands isn't enough to "technically" be a correct sampling I still think thats a low percentage. You did say however you got sucked out on a lot, so it could be fine.I would just go through each time you lost and see if you could have done anything differently to win the hand. If you didn't do anything and just got outdrawn you shouldn't worry too much, but if you are noticing negative patterns you could change, you might want to work on that.K 10 hand was gay, so hopefully you're just a victim of bad luck.