was down tonight (the sequel), took 335 to 10/20

I didn't play bad, you people read your textbooks way too much. I also didn't post the 40-50 hands that set up the atmosphere and basically determined how I acted.
Find me someone who says putting in 1/3 of your $ preflop out of position with A6 h is a good play.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't play bad, you people read your textbooks way too much. I also didn't post the 40-50 hands that set up the atmosphere and basically determined how I acted.
Find me someone who says putting in 1/3 of your $ preflop out of position with A6 h is a good play.
So you guys give all the glory to the guy who called half his stack with a pair of 4's and a 7 kicker with a straight and paired board, however condemn me for knowing I have the best hand preflop against some joker who raises nonsense like 10 J and K J. Its such a double standard, i knew I had the best hand, and it's a stupid play to fold what you are drawing to. It wasn't that bad. I had to call 40 more and I was already in for 20, not bad at all.... We were heads up so it was even more likely that my hand was good against that clown.

Firstly, I would like to congratulate myself on finding the greatest bunch of poker teachers in the world. Seriously though, if you dont have the balls to sit at a 10/20 table shorstacked then shut your mouth you whiney pansies. Do you come up with dribble while you masturbate to fullhouse you pedophiles?Calling your 1/3 of your stack with A 6 suited is a great play heads up while you are at a shorthanded table. Even if there is a bad flop (3 7 9 )you can still push utg and probably force the other player out. You contradicting f-tards even call the guy a donkey yourself so how could you possibly believe his raises pre? AJ is poop to raise on in a cash game utg even if it is a shorthanded table, you cant just sit at a table raise the first hand and expect everyone to just go away especially if you're shorstacked. So if you do miss on a garbage flop your going to be looking at a raise postflop and you're going to have to go away unless your a giant Kid Killing Pirate who eats babies. Also, if there is even 1 aggressive player at the table you're nuts are going to get stomped if he raises you preflop. Those you cant do teach. So shut your mouth before you get the giant Kongdong of truth flying across the table and shattering your grill.-GeneralKongP.S. My grammer is awesome so kill yourself.

So you guys give all the glory to the guy who called half his stack with a pair of 4's and a 7 kicker with a straight and paired board, however condemn me for knowing I have the best hand preflop against some joker who raises nonsense like 10 J and K J. Its such a double standard, i knew I had the best hand, and it's a stupid play to fold what you are drawing to. It wasn't that bad. I had to call 40 more and I was already in for 20, not bad at all.... We were heads up so it was even more likely that my hand was good against that clown.
First off the amount of his stack he is calling off on the river is meaningless as thats the final betting round. If your opponent went all in for 40 more preflop calling with A6 h would be fine, as is you're playing a mediocre hand out of position. You didnt want to raise a hand like AJs when in position but then feel its a good idea to call a raise with A6 when basically you're either dominated or your opponent has 2 middle cards. Your edge over hands like J10 or KJ is killed by the fact that you are out of position.
I'm a better player than that
That much is evidently false from the get go.
So I'm supposed to raise AJ that is like 60/40 on some random hand. Give me a break.
No.You're supposed to be confused by pretty simple concepts, and play horrible poker.In that respect, you're a total success.
Everyone's opinion that I'm bad..... hardly. I had several people IM me from this thread where I explained myself to them and they changed their opinion.
I don't believe that i said everyone thinks you're bad.Just people who know what they're talking about.Big difference.
I didn't make any GRAND mistakes, and I never was behind when I went in.
Folding AJs wouldnt be a GRAND mistake here either. Doing so, however, would be an indication of lacking a fundamental understanding of how to play and it suggests that you're making many more smaller errors. And that's exactly what everyone who's competent can clearly see is the case here. It's ok though. It's not too late for you to learn how to play the game well. You just need to get over the fact that you're wrong.
First off the amount of his stack he is calling off on the river is meaningless as thats the final betting round. If your opponent went all in for 40 more preflop calling with A6 h would be fine, as is you're playing a mediocre hand out of position. You didnt want to raise a hand like AJs when in position but then feel its a good idea to call a raise with A6 when basically you're either dominated or your opponent has 2 middle cards. Your edge over hands like J10 or KJ is killed by the fact that you are out of position.
It is relevant how much he called, his heroism was answered a few hands later when he tried the same bs. Playing out of position isn't much out of my scope, its not that hard to do , especially against someone of that guys skill level. I was positive my hand was better then his so I called. I had AJs UTG , not in position which further strengthened my decision not to raise. These plays aren't that terrible, thats all I'm saying, I know a lot of you would play the hand differently, but I gave decent reasoning as why I played the hand the way I did.

Alright addadbabdbabd your stupid one liners again fall far from the mark. All you did was ignore all my reasoning and try to outwit me with stupid well -worded childish comebacks. Give me a break. Way to address the issue. It's dumb of you to label me terrible after a sampling of so few hands. Your last post meant nothing, you just continued to follow the sad trend around here. Advocate some cookie-cutter strategy and never allowed people to justify otherwise. Then even after they give reasoning , resort to personal insults with no base. If you don't play the cookie cutter here, prepare for some massive flaming.

Prove me wrong.Move up to the 25/50NL, and for the love of god, please post the results.K?
Maybe one day I'll get there, but for now I'll keep playing what I know. I don't like to get so defensive, but its hard not to when you post 8 hands here and people forget about everything else you did in your poker career. I'm sure that your poker knowledge is valuable and you embrace a lot of crucial concepts, I just feel it's uneccessary to put people down so hard with such little information. Just gravitate away from outright insults and give constructive criticism, cause when I've read your advice before in other posts it was actually pretty decent.
It is relevant how much he called, his heroism was answered a few hands later when he tried the same bs. Playing out of position isn't much out of my scope, its not that hard to do , especially against someone of that guys skill level. I was positive my hand was better then his so I called. I had AJs UTG ,
UTG 4 handed = CO So you are likely to be in position if you raised.You really think of yourself way to highly. Hes going all in no matter what on this flop. Are you able to call that all in with just A high? I mean i'm sure you can outplay the guy and i'd love to play vs a donk even out of position. But the fact that you left yourself with 6 bb after calling the raise means their isnt much playing to be done.
It is relevant how much he called, his heroism was answered a few hands later when he tried the same bs. Playing out of position isn't much out of my scope, its not that hard to do , especially against someone of that guys skill level. I was positive my hand was better then his so I called. I had AJs UTG ,
UTG 4 handed = CO So you are likely to be in position if you raised.You really think of yourself way to highly. Hes going all in no matter what on this flop. Are you able to call that all in with just A high? I mean i'm sure you can outplay the guy and i'd love to play vs a donk even out of position. But the fact that you left yourself with 6 bb after calling the raise means their isnt much playing to be done.
I put him on something like Q 10 , QJ , QK. I decided after the flop I was calling anything, I flopped what I was drawing to ,plus with my read my hand was good anyway. If flop didnt have any high cards in it I was going to put it all in. Didn't matter what I did on flop I already made my decision. Main reason I didn't raise AJ is I just sat down and I didn't wanted to be all in first hand.

Dyno, here's the problem with the AJ hand...I understand your desire to play post-flop and not getting into all-ins pre-flop. I understand your desire to limp with it at your normal NL limits. I'm frequently limping in with it also unless I have a chance to open-raise in LP.However, the fact that you've bought in short-stacked does not allow you that leeway. You cannot just be calling to take flops with such a small stack. You absolutely must be raising in this situation. (Four-handed w/ a small stack.)

Dyno, here's the problem with the AJ hand...I understand your desire to play post-flop and not getting into all-ins pre-flop. I understand your desire to limp with it at your normal NL limits. I'm frequently limping in with it also unless I have a chance to open-raise in LP.However, the fact that you've bought in short-stacked does not allow you that leeway. You cannot just be calling to take flops with such a small stack. You absolutely must be raising in this situation. (Four-handed w/ a small stack.)
thank god someone other than dynon and jay understand that point.