was down tonight (the sequel), took 335 to 10/20

Explain how my post was ignorant.I merely stated I stopped reading after you guys were flaming him. Sure, I said it was for fun, but that also means he's not an idiot and realizes that doing that is not a sustainable winrate. Your plethora of anger leads me to believe that you haven't been laid in a while. I can see why if that's a picture of you as your avatar.
Your post was ignorant in that you made it without reading the advice that was given. Your post was ignorant in that you didn't understand the context of the flaming. Your post was ignorant in that you posted without knowing the entire situation.Your post was ignorant in that you decided to make a reference to him 'not giving a poker lesson'. So, we have the strategy section to discuss...what? Your post was ignorant in that you still don't understand that he wasn't doing it "for fun". He admitted as much to me in a conversation and in the posts you didn't bother to read. You look like the fucktard here, not me, not Dynon.This thread has run it's course, you can go back to giving your useful insight in the general forum.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your post was ignorant in that you made it without reading the advice that was given. Your post was ignorant in that you didn't understand the context of the flaming. Your post was ignorant in that you posted without knowing the entire situation.
You're right. I did say I stopped reading after the first few flames. Doesn't make it ignorant, I consciously chose to stop reading. I never set out in my initial post to target you, I merely named the two names I saw first in the responses.
Your post was ignorant in that you decided to make a reference to him 'not giving a poker lesson'. So, we have the strategy section to discuss...what?
So is the lesson here that we should be playing well above our bankroll? Or is that the strategy? I took his post to be read in jest and simply for a good read. You're interpretation of it was different. So be it.
Your post was ignorant in that you still don't understand that he wasn't doing it "for fun". He admitted as much to me in a conversation and in the posts you didn't bother to read.
Woah. Just one second. I'm pretty sure I defined what I meant by 'fun'. I'll try once more. "Sure, I said it was for fun, but that also means he's not an idiot and realizes that doing that is not a sustainable winrate. "
You look like the fucktard here, not me, not Dynon.
I think we all had a chance to not look like a "fucktard". My initial post was merely stating that no one here should take things so seriously. I agree, Dynon doesn't look like a "fucktard". In fact, I found this and his other 10/20 posts a fun read. I'm giving you the opportunity to let cooler heads prevail now.
This thread has run it's course, you can go back to giving your useful insight in the general forum.
I can't recall the last time I posted in general. But thanks for the insight.I'll just leave it at this...You haven't proved anything by attempting to flame me. The funny thing was my goal wasn't to upset you, or anyone. I was merely trying to lighten things up bit...having said all that, I still think you need to get laid.
I play off intuition and good judgment.
Apparently not....but then, "good" is a relative term.So long as you're finding games where other people's judgement is worse than your own, go for it.
wow. you must just be combing this over and over again, looking to nitpick.it appears to have calm down, so unruffle your feathers. I don't think you can get into anymore cool internet fights here anymore.

Cool Hand,I really don't feel the need to respond to any part of your post. I've said all I need to say. Period. End of story. I didn't try and flame you; you stuck your nose into a conversation that had been ended and remedied already. Nothing more needs to be said about this. Sound good?

you know why he is a dumbass.cuz he made a post about this.- Jordan
God forbid anyone post something for entertainment value, That would sure be a sin. If someone else posted hey I went to 25/50 NL, I wouldn't care what the hell they did, I would be excited to read it. I guess I'm the only one.
wow. you must just be combing this over and over again, looking to nitpick. it appears to have calm down, so unruffle your feathers. I don't think you can get into anymore cool internet fights here anymore.
*shrug*You seem to be pretty confrontational for someone who's getting pissy about others having 'internet fights'.
I don't mind mucking ATo Pre-flop UTG in a six handed game.Mucking ATs depends on table reads.Mucking AJs 6 handed UTG is not good.I raise ATs 6 handed in a LHE game, but I think it changes a little bit in a no limit game cause of the power of position, which is very important six handed.But also, raises UTG in most games six max or full ring are usually respected, so as I said, raising ATs UTG really depends a lot on the table I think.- Jordan
This game is 4 handed. AJs is an auto raise.The hands overal just make no sense to me. Afraid to raise with AJs 4 handed when you'll be in position on any likely callers and then call a raise thats 1/3 your stack with A6 h from out of position.
The hands overal just make no sense to me. Afraid to raise with AJs 4 handed when you'll be in position on any likely callers and then call a raise thats 1/3 your stack with A6 h from out of position.
It's obvious to everyone who knows what they're talking about that he's wrong.There may not be a correct decision for all situations. There certainly are varying degrees of correctness - and not raising AJs 4 handed when opening is up there with open farreling, limp/folding to 1 bet in limit, folding kings preflop and an assortnment of other brilliant plays.
The hands overal just make no sense to me. Afraid to raise with AJs 4 handed when you'll be in position on any likely callers and then call a raise thats 1/3 your stack with A6 h from out of position.
It's obvious to everyone who knows what they're talking about that he's wrong.There may not be a correct decision for all situations. There certainly are varying degrees of correctness - and not raising AJs 4 handed when opening is up there with open farreling, limp/folding to 1 bet in limit, folding kings preflop and an assortnment of other brilliant plays.
You guys are the most close minded people on the face of the earth. I gave every reasoning for every single on of my plays. There was no reason for me to raise AJ, when you raise after everyone calls, people get angry and call anyway cause they have this mentality you are trying to take. How often does AJ win in raised pots against calling stations?? HARDLY EVER. I'll take my chances using my judgment on the flop. The guy in front of me had very bad judgment so if I did raise AJ he could have possibly put me all in with an inferior hand. I did not want to engage in this situation. I had better judgment then all the people playing there so I decided to take a flop, and use my skill in playing the hands. SORRY if calling 40 more with A 6 when a clown raises is a terrible play. I was in the big blind, and I flopped a flush draw and I really thought he had something like QK anyway.People love to criticize here, then I open their poker blogs and notice they play 50 NL and are considering moving up soon. You know what, that ABC play works damn well down there. And In fact I raise AK , AQ , and AJ suited all over the place there. But when you decided to finally move up to 2/4 and 5/10 try raising AJ and overplaying your hand. This is my strategy. I can't be raising junk like AJ and going balls to the walls. It would cost me like 400-500 a hand. Its just stupid. The higher you go the more creative the plays, the better your raising standards have to become. ESPECIALLY if you are hyper aggressive like me. So I completely disagree that it is always right for me to raise AJ, cause my style calls for betting the farm with your hand. AJ is no good, it will only get you in deep trouble. Once you people get up into the higher limits you will understand these concepts. People that play in 50 NL and 20 NL and criticize people for plays they make in the 2/4 and 5/10 don't know what they are talking about. Once you start playing 2/4 and stuff give me a call then, your perspective will be entirely different. Abdbcbdbbd whatever your name is , I love how you are so negative to stuff that has been explained. Its just stupid, be more open minded. I'm not making a stand with AJ, I went there to win not be a clown and get it all in with AJ. I'm a better player than that. Your stupid one liners don't convince anyone else I am bad, or myself. Read the context, and the situation. You can revel in your ABC poker and vast use of abbreviated poker terms all you want, that doesn't mean your a pro, or have the right to determine my plays were idiotic, cause they weren't. Stop being a condescending ass.
you know why he is a dumbass.cuz he made a post about this.- Jordan
God forbid anyone post something for entertainment value, That would sure be a sin. If someone else posted hey I went to 25/50 NL, I wouldn't care what the hell they did, I would be excited to read it. I guess I'm the only one.
Oh, I didn't know it was for "enteretainment value".I was just saying, what did you expect? To not be flamed?That's all.- Jordan
How often does AJ win in raised pots against calling stations??
More often than a hand they're likely calling with, when it's 4 handed.
I'm a better player than that. Your stupid one liners don't convince anyone else I am bad, or myself.
Im not trying to convince anyone that you're bad.Everyone who's opinion is worth anything already knows that you are.I'm having fun at the expense of the local idiot.
You can revel in your ABC poker and vast use of abbreviated poker terms all you want, that doesn't mean your a pro, or have the right to determine my plays were idiotic, cause they weren't. Stop being a condescending ass.
I dont think im 'pro'. I also dont think it would take someone who's pro to see that you're wrong.With that in mind; you're wrong.Does this come across as condescending?Im sorry.At least you're right about one thing.
Ah people regulate too hard on this site. Yeah i dont raise AJ suited normally, so I wouldn't when I'm trying to survive in this gigantic room.Sorry that guy calling 150 with a pair of 4's is pathethic. He was there just like me taking a shot. Must be an idiot. I just don't see how I am an idiot here, I'm playing survival poker here not my normal strategy. I just don't think it was that bad. Looking for the quick fix after a bad day and it worked again, I didn't make any terrible plays.
Lol....
How often does AJ win in raised pots against calling stations??
More often than a hand they're likely calling with' date=' when it's 4 handed.
I'm a better player than that. Your stupid one liners don't convince anyone else I am bad, or myself.
Im not trying to convince anyone that you're bad.Everyone who's opinion is worth anything already knows that you are.I'm having fun at the expense of the local idiot.
You can revel in your ABC poker and vast use of abbreviated poker terms all you want, that doesn't mean your a pro, or have the right to determine my plays were idiotic, cause they weren't. Stop being a condescending ass.
I dont think im 'pro'. I also dont think it would take someone who's pro to see that you're wrong.With that in mind; you're wrong.Does this come across as condescending?So I'm supposed to raise AJ that is like 60/40 on some random hand. Give me a break. I went there to win, not take some coin flip. I'd rather be in a situation that is 70/30 or higher. Raising AJ is a stupid play if you are hyper aggressive, it will only lose you money. I don't care how great AJ is against a hand that is calling, it loses most times you raise it. I wanted a better situation to push with. Yeah, supposedly you are supposed to think of this game in terms of big bets. When someone bets 4x in the 2000 NL compared to 4x in the 50NL I think of it totally differently, and so does everyone in this world who plays to live off this game. I don't think its worth to raise AJ 4x in a 5/10 or something then try to take with like an 8x or 10x flop bet, its just too risky. Sit back and wait for better situations.Everyone's opinion that I'm bad..... hardly. I had several people IM me from this thread where I explained myself to them and they changed their opinion. Only you seem to remain completely ignorant. You can't deem someone bad from one thread where they openly admitted to doing something very dangerous. Its stupid and immature. Like for example, I'm sure if you posted some of DN's hands on here where he made a judgment error, he would be classified as an idiot too. It's totally ridiculous and unfair to make these statements with such little information, and it shows the broad range of your character. You should be a better player/person than that. You're still stupid for insisting I'm bad on hands I won in the first place where I did nothing wrong. I didn't make any GRAND mistakes, and I never was behind when I went in. Wow, kinda funny how that was looked over. You are the one who looks like an idiot here, make unjust and unfair statements with basically no information. Too bad it is high unlikely you would ever revoke your statements, even after hearing worthwhile reasoning. It's entirely evident you are just are a professional flamer, who will never withdraw his condescending moronic statements. Do yourself a favor, quit ruining people's posts with unwanted negativity and personal attacks. Online forums are a disgrace thanks to people like yourself.Jordan once you play higher limits you will change your opinions about the strength and quality of certain hands.
People love to criticize here, then I open their poker blogs and notice they play 50 NL and are considering moving up soon. You know what, that ABC play works damn well down there. And In fact I raise AK , AQ , and AJ suited all over the place there. But when you decided to finally move up to 2/4 and 5/10 try raising AJ and overplaying your hand. This is my strategy. I can't be raising junk like AJ and going balls to the walls. It would cost me like 400-500 a hand. Its just stupid. The higher you go the more creative the plays, the better your raising standards have to become. ESPECIALLY if you are hyper aggressive like me.
First off losing 400-500$ with AJ isnt that much $ if you're looking at it in terms of BB's at 10/20 nl. Basically instead of raising preflop and following on the flop you instead decided to semi bluff the flop and then flat out bluff the river on that hand and lost well over 200$. If you're hyper aggressive you should be raising preflop in position so then when you take down these pots they're more meaningful. Are you trying to brag that you play 1/2 and 2/4 nl cause really that isn't that high at all. You dumbly took a shot at 10/20 nl when you don't understand the basics of NL play. All players are hyper aggressive when they have top pair or better so I don't know how you could even consider yourself that.

With your stack size, you should have raised the AJ hand and pushed any flop. That was absolutely the right play at that time. Read ed miller, and short stack strategy, and try to apply his concepts in a 4 handed game, and you will hopefully see the light my son.I realize now that this isn't a "I put all my BR down in 10/20 and let it ride" post, it's a SS strat post.Hand #2, Easy push with 44.Hand #3, raise or fold from the SB, completing is horrible.hand #4, come in for a bigger initial raiseIf you are going to play Short Stacked at least play correctly.

First off losing 400-500$ with AJ isnt that much $ if you're looking at it in terms of BB's at 10/20 nl. Basically instead of raising preflop and following on the flop you instead decided to semi bluff the flop and then flat out bluff the river on that hand and lost well over 200$. If you're hyper aggressive you should be raising preflop in position so then when you take down these pots they're more meaningful. Are you trying to brag that you play 1/2 and 2/4 nl cause really that isn't that high at all. You dumbly took a shot at 10/20 nl when you don't understand the basics of NL play. All players are hyper aggressive when they have top pair or better so I don't know how you could even consider yourself that.
Yeah I just said I look at them differently , cause I live off this game. Its not the same as losing 4x BB's in a 50NL. If you lose 100x BB's in a 50 to can still function, if you lose 100x BB's in a 2000 you want to kill yourself. Everyone who plays to live knows this, so people acting like there is no difference is wrong. Its just more money, and if your not rich your plays need to be more meaningful.Your opinion about raising preflop in position is not bad, but it is something I choose not to do, because my way works better FOR ME, I don't know about for you, but for me it does. I have tested lots of other strategies, and concepts, but I have found one that always yields steady profits. This is entirely neccessary cause I play to live, not to have fun and be creative, to live. Raising AJ causes variance in my game and it is something I strive to eliminate at all costs. I have made somewhere near 50-60K playing 1/2 NL most of the time, within 2 years time. I was also in college during most of this time and took breaks from the game periodically. Am I proud of this, yes I am very proud. In 2 years time I have turned this into a source of steady consistent income. If people want to hate on me for being proud of my success, fine let them do it. I know I am a good player so when people flame me for something I posted for fun, it is very annoying. They know nothing about me, and to lump me into a pool of players that will never succeed is ridiculous.My first intention was not bragging, at all. I didn't mean any of these posts to be brag posts, but when people throw personal insults at you the only way to defend yourself is with poker accomplishments. I said taking the shot was risky, but my bankroll is over 10K so I decided it was worth it. In fact its not even dumb with how much money I actually have. No not all players are hyper aggressive with top pair, and most people are not hyper aggressive with the nuts, which I am. Like I said sometimes its hard to look at this game in terms of BB's, the best players can do it and it is something I am coming to grips with. But for now I will play much more cautiously in 5/10 then I do in .5/1.
With your stack size, you should have raised the AJ hand and pushed any flop. That was absolutely the right play at that time. Read ed miller, and short stack strategy, and try to apply his concepts in a 4 handed game, and you will hopefully see the light my son.I realize now that this isn't a "I put all my BR down in 10/20 and let it ride" post, it's a SS strat post.Hand #2, Easy push with 44.Hand #3, raise or fold from the SB, completing is horrible.hand #4, come in for a bigger initial raiseIf you are going to play Short Stacked at least play correctly.
I don't agree with raising AJ, I was going for sure win, not a 60/40. I respect your opinion though and I don't disagree with this viewpoint either. Playing short stacked is stupid and hopefully I will not do it again.I was a lot more focused on playing people after the flop then before the flop which is why I didn't raise preflop much. I didn't have enough money to defend off draws and I prefer getting it all in after the flop. Eh I'm taking a giant shot, I wanted a call with KK, this is where I didn't want to raise too much and again leave myself and exit strategy incase the flop was gay. Like I said though these perspectives are not wrong and its actually good advice, I just chose a different route guys and I gave justifications as too why. If I was playing with a full stack my choices would have been much different. I'm a post flop player much more then a pre-flop player.
Yeah I just said I look at them differently , cause I live off this game. Its not the same as losing 4x BB's in a 50NL. If you lose 100x BB's in a 50 to can still function, if you lose 100x BB's in a 2000 you want to kill yourself. Everyone who plays to live knows this, so people acting like there is no difference is wrong. Its just more money, and if your not rich your plays need to be more meaningful.
Wrong. If you're playing with correct bankroll management the difference isn't very meaningful. Either way you just lost 100 BB's. If you think people who play regularily at the 10/20 nl level and they are unable to take a 100 BB hit then you are crazy.
I don't agree with raising AJ, I was going for sure win, not a 60/40. I respect your opinion though and I don't disagree with this viewpoint either. Playing short stacked is stupid and hopefully I will not do it again.
You were going for a sure win by buying in for 15 bb vs players that are most likely better then you?Both times you've attempted this you've needed to hit a 2 outer on the turn or river to survive, so I don't see what kind of sure win you're going for.You should take 60/40 in your favor since the way you've played you have most likely been more in the area of 40% to win.
I'm a post flop player much more then a pre-flop player.
I can't say I am exactly sure what you mean when you say this.You make better postflop decisions than the average player?You deviate from textbook, "accepted" norms preflop?Post flop play is all well and good, when you have a stack to take advantage of it. Here, you have a little more than 15 BB, which doesn't leave you much room for post flop play.You are going to make your money by offering your opponents little in the way of implied odds, and making it incorrect for them to call your PF raises.And since it's 4 handed, the blinds are going to be going around quickly, you should generally always come in for a raise if you are going to play, unless you are the BB or something and you can check it to see a flop with a trash hand. If you have a hand like pocket sixes in the CO, raising is a far better play than limping IMO -- as you'd rather pick up the blinds / win preflop than try to play postflop. Your stack just isn't suited for it.By following up the pf raise with a push, the following happens:1. Opponent folds better hands2. Opponent folds worse hands (which we dont mind)3. Opponent calls with worse hands4. Opponent calls with better handsFour handed as a short stack, I am of the opinion you should always be coming in for a raise, for the maximum raise of the table that is borderline call/fold for your opponents (if opponents wont call a raise to 100 without something resembling a hand raise to that).I'd be interested to see you do short stack strategy 6max or full ring and then post your results.I think people got sidetracked by your thread title.Next time write "short stack strategy" or something, so people will know you aren't some guy buying in for your full roll and taking a desperate shot. But also, next time actually use short stack strategy please, and not your own version which is suboptimal.-Chiefarino
Yeah I just said I look at them differently , cause I live off this game. Its not the same as losing 4x BB's in a 50NL. If you lose 100x BB's in a 50 to can still function, if you lose 100x BB's in a 2000 you want to kill yourself. Everyone who plays to live knows this, so people acting like there is no difference is wrong. Its just more money, and if your not rich your plays need to be more meaningful.
Wrong. If you're playing with correct bankroll management the difference isn't very meaningful. Either way you just lost 100 BB's. If you think people who play regularily at the 10/20 nl level and they are unable to take a 100 BB hit then you are crazy.
I don't agree with raising AJ, I was going for sure win, not a 60/40. I respect your opinion though and I don't disagree with this viewpoint either. Playing short stacked is stupid and hopefully I will not do it again.
You were going for a sure win by buying in for 15 bb vs players that are most likely better then you?Both times you've attempted this you've needed to hit a 2 outer on the turn or river to survive, so I don't see what kind of sure win you're going for.You should take 60/40 in your favor since the way you've played you have most likely been more in the area of 40% to win.
Of course if you play with correct bankroll management taking a 2000 hit wont hurt you if you have over 20K, but the amount of money is so much greater it will certainly affect you much more. Ideally yes, realistically No, losing is much more different.It was more of a sure win to play them post flop then get it all in preflop. I needed a 2 outer with 44 but I had the best hand preflop and the JJ hand was just unlucky, no matter how i played that same thing happens.I didn't play bad, you people read your textbooks way too much. I also didn't post the 40-50 hands that set up the atmosphere and basically determined how I acted.WE ALL have a certain opinion of which plays yield the greatest EV, but's it's wrong not to hear people out, especially when they give good reasoning as why they deviated from the ideal situation. I am giving better reasoning for my actions then you guys are. All you guys are doing is throwing generally accepted actions and applying them to all situations. Yeah thats a good IDEAL view, but when you play this game sometimes you have to change it up. These views you guys say are not bad, however I just decided to play my hands differently on the circumstances.
So just out of curiousity. If your first hand was 44, what would you do preflop? Would you also just call?
So just out of curiousity. If your first hand was 44, what would you do preflop? Would you also just call?
Yeah I would just call again, 44 is not ahead of most heads. Plus I just got there, I kinda wanted to just check and see what happened, not get it all in immediately. Yeah I shoulda probably raised but I was playing semi scared, and just hoping to see cheap flops. I just really try to avoid losing the advantage of playing my hand post flop.