bye bye bankroll

i cannot believe this. playing ring games. get pocket aces four times in twenty seven hands and get all my money in before flop on each one and lose every frickin last one of them. lost my entire bankroll. my gal always says to me poker is gambling, i used to think of it as skill and kept telling her so. but this is just ridiculous, i think i may quit. how you supposed to stay sane in this type of crap?????

cheers. yeah. i lost some of my bankroll on a couple other crappy hands. but still thanks for the support!!? i had built up my bankroll and went up a level to the 200nl games on pacific. felt pretty good putting all my money in preflop with aa mind u.

cheers. yeah. i lost some of my bankroll on a couple other crappy hands. but still thanks for the support!!? i had built up my bankroll and went up a level to the 200nl games on pacific. felt pretty good putting all my money in preflop with aa mind u.
Built your BR to what? You should have 4K+ to be playing 200NL. It's sucks to lose with AA but it happens, that's why you shouldn't risk 1/4 of your BR on it.
Yeah, that does suck. Bankroll, bankroll, bankroll.Poker is 90% luck in the short run, 90% skill in the long run.

i suppose. i had built it from 200 to about 3kish. i lost about 1200. i kno thats not 4k, but i cashed out a fair bit before and felt comfortable playin 200nl with 1200. i think the main point of my op wasnt actually the bad beats though but about the gambling skill aspect. my gal does my head in with it being gambling, but i quit horses because i thought i had a better chance with poker, it being you vs. other people rather than the bookie and relying on a horse to do it for you. anyways ive just rebought and am trying to build it up on smaller tables again.

Who else thinks that he probably didn't get it all in preflop but on the flop when someone flopped a set? :club:
ok. :roll: one hand i went all in on flop against two pair

Let's take a look at this. You say you're playing 200NL and lost it all on 4 hands, therefore your bankroll was somewhere around $800 to start.First AA: You sit down with $200 (have you thought about playing lower stakes?). Get cracked. Bankroll now at $600.Second AA: Rebuy. At any point have you considered playing at a lower level? Cracked. Bankroll down to $400.Third AA: Rebuy again. Did you ever explore the possibility that lower stakes may currently be a better option for you? Cracked once more. Bankroll down to $200.Fourth AA: Rebuy. Your entire bankroll is currently on the table. What are you doing? Cracked. Bankroll can't buy a tootsie roll.Lesson: If you're going to play higher stakes than your bankroll should support, at least make sure you don't bet your entire bankroll on one hand.

thats f*cked up but I think at least twice the board was j 8 5 and he put the guy on AJ and the guy had an open end or hit a set.... - sometimes the cards just spit in your face and there is nothing you can do about it ....The Great DN

maybe he slow played his rockets and went all in on the river thinking he was ahead despite the 4 to a straight flush on the board...
i learnt a long time ago not to slow play my aces.....
Let's take a look at this. You say you're playing 200NL and lost it all on 4 hands, therefore your bankroll was somewhere around $800 to start.First AA: You sit down with $200 (have you thought about playing lower stakes?). Get cracked. Bankroll now at $600.Second AA: Rebuy. At any point have you considered playing at a lower level? Cracked. Bankroll down to $400.Third AA: Rebuy again. Did you ever explore the possibility that lower stakes may currently be a better option for you? Cracked once more. Bankroll down to $200.Fourth AA: Rebuy. Your entire bankroll is currently on the table. What are you doing? Cracked. Bankroll can't buy a tootsie roll.Lesson: If you're going to play higher stakes than your bankroll should support, at least make sure you don't bet your entire bankroll on one hand.
i had some other bad beats as well. thats where the rest went. also was tilting about half way through. i see aces, raise get reraised . wtf am i supposed to do ...FOLD?????
Who else thinks that he probably didn't get it all in preflop but on the flop when someone flopped a set? :club:
See you are already lieing. Everything you say now can't be trusted. You are a donk who played outside their bankroll and probably played AA the worst you could'vecongrats
Doesnt matter what you did and when.somethng is not right.Did you buy in too a extremely large high game with a very low stack?you reloaded 3 times in 24 hands? Was this like a freak incident?I've gone on tilt, reloading and reloading but usually this only happens when i'm playing BELOW my BR and i'm careless.I'd almost think it was your own fault for splurging ur whole BR in this one session.regardless if its with AA.
i had some other bad beats as well. thats where the rest went. also was tilting about half way through. i see aces, raise get reraised . wtf am i supposed to do ...FOLD?????
No, you shouldn't fold, you shouldn't have the option. You shouldn't be at that table to begin with, especially once your bankroll started getting ripped apart.
Bad beats happen, you will put them on other people, they will put them on you. You obviously didnt have the correct BR for $200 NL if you were able to lose it all in one night. If you lost $3k in one night, you need to work on your game. If you lost 2k in one night, you need to work on your game.