Sad Thing to Read

"Anyway, the cop and I talked poker, taxes, rich people, and thugs. We then talked about the area that I live in. It's time for a move and I already knew that. More and more robberies are happening in my area and while it's a nice place to live, I plan on moving shortly to a much safer area. With Lori to think about, I don't want anything to happen while she’s at home."This was from Murphy's Law blog entry (sorry if it was 10 days ago). I just wanted to say how sad it is when you hear a cop tell you that he knows there were a lot of robberies going on in your neighborhood and the solution is to move out of the area. I mean, it is not the cop's fault, but I am sure the right thing would be to get to it, arrest the criminals and keep the area safe... IT'S YOUR JOB!!! Am I the only one here who think that there is something wrong?? "Ladies and Gentlemen, your area, which was a great place to live in a few months ago, has now seen more and more criminal activities. We would request that you move out of there while we are doing f*** all in the meantime. Thank you for your cooperation".Unbelievable. Mr. Bush, keep trying cleaning up the Middle East while at home nice people have to move out of there neighborhood to feel safe. Everything is juuuust fine.

shut up you stupid canadian.and no, i'm not just assuming you are stupid cause you are canadian. i like lots of them.im now awaiting the response about my american cockiness, etc...something like that.but everything is bush's fault. even katrina. we control the weather.- Jordan

shut up you stupid canadian.and no, i'm not just assuming you are stupid cause you are canadian. i like lots of them.im now awaiting the response about my american censored, etc...something like that.but everything is bush's fault. even katrina. we control the weather.- Jordan
You took it the wrong way. Nowhere did I say it's the people's fault or that I hate US citizens! I think Bush is spending his budget at the wrong place. "we control the weather", I do not think you should speak for everybody. Also, I still do not know your thought about nice people having to move out of their neighborhood.

i dunno.im a dick and quickly come to conclusions.i know nothing (nearly) about politics.sorry if i took your post the wrong way, my bad.but, i think it's the state's job to get the police doing what they need to do.look at NYC and the changes guiliani made...again I know nada bout politics...i didn't even vote :club:- Jordan

I agree it is sad that is an answer. I look at it a different way though. Bush's job is to take care of a nation as a whole. Not just Bush, but every president. As president he is to deligate. Our president has a lot bigger problems to deal with than what is happening on such and such street Las Vegas, NV. There are many things that should take place here. If the block is noticing increased crime, they should have a block meeting and have a crime watch started. Police are involved in that, they will see that the citizens are involved and will take more note to help then. The mayer and the city council should be aware of this also. They need to make decisions to make the neighborhoods safer. Your city council rep is where that should start.The US as a nation needs to take responsibility for what goes on. We can not and are not supposed to rely on the the federal government to take care of us. We are set up to go city, state then federal. Seems like we like to do nothing and blame federal.So, basically if Bush were to do anything he would just throw money at it. That has never worked. Involvement is what works.

I should not have thrown that last sentence about Bush in my post ( I only wrote about my thought of not enough money spent at home, too much overseas). I did not want to talk politics, only to comment on the blog as it is supposed to be done in this part of the Forum.I agree about the crime watch idea and the poeple of the neighborhood coming together and try to find a solution. I still think though it should all be initiated by the police itself and that they should increase surveillance in the neighborhood by doing more patrol. This is the least the cops should do and crime rate raise in an area...

I dont know how things work in Canada, but the actions by the police might just come down to a man power issue. They dont have enough people to put someone on every corner or investigate every crime as thoroughly as they should. I'm sure they are working hard. They're probably understaffed.

Daniel lives close to downtown I guess... Crime is on the upswing around the Fremont area... Just last week I had a knife pulled on me. I knew he wasnt a professional robber when I noticed it had grape jelly on it...

I should not have thrown that last sentence about Bush in my post ( I only wrote about my thought of not enough money spent at home, too much overseas).  I did not want to talk politics, only to comment on the blog as it is supposed to be done in this part of the Forum.I agree about the crime watch idea and the poeple of the neighborhood coming together and try to find a solution.  I still think though it should all be initiated by the police itself and that they should increase surveillance in the neighborhood by doing more patrol.  This is the least the cops  should do and crime rate raise in an area...
In order to protect yourself, it starts at home. The police are there to assist you, but they can't initiate everything. Community watch programs are the best as well as civil groups, such as the guardian angels.It's unfortunate that money has to be spent anywhere outside the U.S., however, if we didn't, there are a lot of countries on the planet that would have the bomb, and use it on you, yours, and mine because of our beliefs, attitudes, and lifestyles

My father is a dispatcher for 911, and you would not believe all the calls he receives in one night.But as much as on certain things I do hate the police for, I thank God that they are in our lives protecting us every day. But I do agree, you need to start with the neighborhood and do the watch, and get the police involved.

Well written Wayne Bullet

It's unfortunate that money has to be spent anywhere outside the U.S., however, if we didn't, there are a lot of countries on the planet that would have the bomb, and use it on you, yours, and mine because of our beliefs, attitudes, and lifestyles
That is one of the most selfish things I have read in a while. We shouldn't spend money only to save our own butts. We should be willing to give our money to help others that are clearly in need. I won't comment anymore on that. Talking about greed with a poker player can't go well.As for the original comment: It is very sad. I got robbed recently and my local police have done nothing at all about it. The cops don't seem to do their jobs too often. I very much agree with WayneBullet. I don't understand why a person that doesn't even live in the US is worried about how we are handling ourselves over here. Things are vastly different in the US compared to Canada (just look at things like gun control, how many people own guns, and how many people even lock their doors in Canada). This is neither Bush's problem nor his fault. International war is far more important than very localized crime issues. This is not a nation wide problem; this is a Las Vegas problem. If crime rates across the whole nation started to sky rocket, then it would defiantly be an issue for the President to look into. Lastly, if you don't like Bush, get over it. He got elected twice already and he's only got 2 years left, so just look ahead for the next guy you can blame all your problems on (or in your case, blame other people's problems on).

Helping others is all well and good, however, if we can't even help those that are suffering over here...how are we supposed to help those elsewhere?

I dont know how things work in Canada, but the actions by the police might just come down to a man power issue. They dont have enough people to put someone on every corner or investigate every crime as thoroughly as they should. I'm sure they are working hard. They're probably understaffed.
That's pretty much it.. I mean... think outside the box man... How are the cops supposed to know when and where EVERY crime is going to take place? Lol crime is a living, breathing organism, that although sux... helps the economy grow... there’s ways to handle things, and I’m sure the cops are doing what they can...
That's pretty much it.. I mean... think outside the box man... How are the cops supposed to know when and where EVERY crime is going to take place? Lol crime is a living, breathing organism, that although sux... helps the economy grow... there’s ways to handle things, and I’m sure the cops are doing what they can...
Good points. I wonder ... how many people here know a lot of people in law enforcement? I know several dozen cops, at the state, county, and local level. If you asked them, I guarantee you that every single one of them would say that it's 1) a manpower issue, and 2) a "what would citizens put up" with issue.The fact is, police probably could "secure" any neighborhood they wanted to, but you might not like the tactics. Can you imagine if police started stopping every "suspicious" car, or following everybody walking down the street late at night? The ACLU would have a field day. Heck, the first half-hour of the movie Boyz 'N the Hood was dedicated to making cops look bad because they were suspicious of the wrong kid. And that was in a neighborhood where there WERE gangs!Nope, you can't have it both ways. Either you give police more and more power and make much of the citizenry uncomfortable with that, or you reign in police powers which necessarily will allow a certain amount of crime to exist.

I am a huge supporter of law enforement. I appreciate their heart and guts to protect us from the people in this world who want to prey on the innocent. But, police can't be everywhere all the time. It is impossible. It's time for "innocent" people to stand up and say enough is enough and we are not going to let people steal away our right to life, liberty and the persuit of happiness. I am not going to let some punk harm my family. I refuse to let it happen.

fyi - local police have absolutely nothing to do with the president of the united states, and the upswing of crime in DN's neighborhood would not have been prevented if Bush decided to pull a few troops back out. let's face it, the world is an imperfect place. as long as we have cops, we will have robbers.

I agree, I think that by blaming the president does no good. (I didn't vote for him) I don't agree with more than 75% of the things he does, but that is my right! As far as the police issue, my father tells me all the time when he receives calls that he has to dispatch officers, its disturbing because there aren't enough "men" on the force. But I think that if a neighborhood works together to try and reduce some of these problems, it would be more successful than having cops at every corner trying to stop every car.

Daniel lives close to downtown I guess... Crime is on the upswing around the Fremont area... Just last week I had a knife pulled on me. I knew he wasnt a professional robber when I noticed it had grape jelly on it...
Beans, I like you but you have got to start coming up with your own material man.