daniel to be on wsop advisory committee ?

ESPN.com had an article with WSOP tournament director Pollack who announced that he was developing a player's advisory committee. It stated that he had already been in discussions with a couple people to be be on the committee. Daniel mentioned in his blog last week that he had dinner with Pollack, but couldn't reveal what they discussed. Since Daniel was a very vocal in his displeasure of the 2006 WS schedule, it sure appears likely to me that he was asked to part of the committee.

Yes, he asked me to be on a committe and also asked for some reccomendations as to other players that might work well. Several come to mind including Paul Phillips, Howard Lederer, and Barry Greenstein.
Very good grouping of level headed savants.
Yes, he asked me to be on a committe and also asked for some reccomendations as to other players that might work well. Several come to mind including Paul Phillips, Howard Lederer, and Barry Greenstein.
it would not seem complete with out Mr. WSOP himself!!

Here's my concern with this group as advisors. Aren't the majority of people who play in the WSOP considered amateurs? So wouldn't a comity of Pro's try to sway things even more into their favor in the interest of making more money? Just a thought.

Here's my concern with this group as advisors. Aren't the majority of people who play in the WSOP considered amateurs? So wouldn't a comity of Pro's try to sway things even more into their favor in the interest of making more money? Just a thought.
Why shouldn't they?Amateur's shouldn't have an edge in the WORLD SERIES of poker.Now, if it were named the WORLD AMATEUR OPEN, then that would make sense.
Wow, some information that can be announced!!! Its been soooo long. :club:
Why shouldn't they?Amateur's shouldn't have an edge in the WORLD SERIES of poker.Now, if it were named the WORLD AMATEUR OPEN, then that would make sense.
True it's not called the world amateur open but the top prize wouldn't be $7.5 million if the amateurs didn't play. Lets face it, the WSOP has become the world amateur open.
I just think that's great that the WSOP or Pollack are actually listening to some of the feedback and forming a committee. Hopefully they do something with the suggestions and and improve things for the players and viewers
There's hope after all to save the WSOP!!
when I started reading this at first glance I thought it was someone other than daniel because of the avatar look alikes.anyway this is definetly +ev for poker and the WSOP

Well, I don't think the committee will try to completely swing the series away from the amateurs. DN, BG, and HL have all stated that the boom is good for poker. Phillips...can't quote him on that.We all know the pros are in it for the money & the titles. And Harrah's is in it for the profits. I'm sure that the lot of them can figure out a way to make the WSOP great again for all players (bring back HORSE, different games again), and not let Harrah's take a loss on it all.

how bout Demetriou? He seems to be very emotional about getting involved in the welfare of the WSOP
Good call. My guess is he would quite enthusiastic about it.